• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL QB free agents 2020: Where do they wind up?

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 10 QB unrestricted free agents. Will they stay or will they go elsewhere?

Tom Brady, Patriots: Stays with Pats, who have no succession plan in place. Gets a 2 year deal and the Pats look to draft or trade for a quality backup.

Eli Manning, Giants: I think Eli's done. No one wants to pay that kind of $$ for a backup.

Phillip Rivers, Chargers: He's probably done. Maybe goes to the Bears or Bengals as a backup.

Drew Brees, Saints: Stays with the Saints. Its clear Taysom Hill is the succession plan. Bridgewater traded for draft picks.

Teddy Bridgewater, Saints: Pick of the litter. Giants, Steelers, Bears, Bengals, Redskins, Jaguars, Bucs, Panthers, Chargers, Dolphins could all go after him.

Dak Prescott, Cowboys: Stays with Cowboys, wants Russell Wilson level money. JJ has to pay him.

Marcus Mariotta, Titans: Stays as a backup or could be traded to be a backup elsewhere, like the Jets?

Ryan Tannehill, Titans: Stays with Titans as a starter, gets a raise.

Jameis Winston, Bucs
: Way too erratic. Would be surprised if Bucs try to keep him. I think he may go to the Giants, Jets or Redskins as a backup.

Case Keenum, Redskins
: Goes somewhere as a backup. Who'd want him?

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like your analysis but I’d be interested to see who has cap space and who doesn’t. May change a few off these based upon that

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers will be in the market.

giphy.gif

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucs will keep Winston because I think Arians is arrogant enough to want to fix him, plus i dont really see a better options. I more or less agree with the rest of your list

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers will be in the market.

giphy.gif
u think? not for much of a price

i also dont think taysom hill is the back up plan in NO, hes just versatile. Rivers will keep playing, hes not done. Someone will pay him

mariota will be picked up by someone for competition like the bears.

winston will stay with the bucs,

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
u think? not for much of a price

i also dont think taysom hill is the back up plan in NO, hes just versatile. Rivers will keep playing, hes not done. Someone will pay him

mariota will be picked up by someone for competition like the bears.

winston will stay with the bucs,
All hinges on Ben. I think they'll vet out the market and gauge whether its worth it or not even if Ben returns. If they can find a quality vet for an affordable price that can come in and compete with Mason then it's a good idea.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All hinges on Ben. I think they'll vet out the market and gauge whether its worth it or not even if Ben returns. If they can find a quality vet for an affordable price that can come in and compete with Mason then it's a good idea.
i got yah, i wasnt sure where you meant exactly with "in the market". I agree, but I dont see them going big, like picking up a jameis winston for their future. I could def see them doing something like with mariota for 5-7 mill if they thought ben wasnt gonna be good.......ala what tenn did with tanny, or some of these other names on the list. Im kinda sickened to hear eli linked to us. The rivers rumors are odd too.

What im more sickened by is them throwing their weight behind mason as soon as the offseason begins. Saying hes the #2 and blah blah blah.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t know why but I have a feeling the Patriots go after Tannehill

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bridgewater to the Panthers.
Eli to the Colts.
Mariota to the Chargers.
Rivers to the Bengals.
Winston to the Dolphins.
Dalton to the Bucs.
Brissett to the Steelers.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 10 QB unrestricted free agents. Will they stay or will they go elsewhere?

Tom Brady, Patriots: Stays with Pats, who have no succession plan in place. Gets a 2 year deal and the Pats look to draft or trade for a quality backup.

Eli Manning, Giants: I think Eli's done. No one wants to pay that kind of $$ for a backup.

Phillip Rivers, Chargers: He's probably done. Maybe goes to the Bears or Bengals as a backup.

Drew Brees, Saints: Stays with the Saints. Its clear Taysom Hill is the succession plan. Bridgewater traded for draft picks.

Teddy Bridgewater, Saints: Pick of the litter. Giants, Steelers, Bears, Bengals, Redskins, Jaguars, Bucs, Panthers, Chargers, Dolphins could all go after him.

Dak Prescott, Cowboys: Stays with Cowboys, wants Russell Wilson level money. JJ has to pay him.

Marcus Mariotta, Titans: Stays as a backup or could be traded to be a backup elsewhere, like the Jets?

Jameis Winston, Bucs
: Way too erratic. Would be surprised if Bucs try to keep him. I think he may go to the Giants, Jets or Redskins as a backup.

Case Keenum, Redskins

Good post.

NFL 2020 Salary Cap Tracker

Top 15 Cap Space

Top 5...IND, MIA, TB, BUF, DAL...MIA, and maybe Tampa will be looking for QB

Next 5...NYG, OAK, SEA, AZ, NYJ...I can see OAK being in the market, Gruden is not enamored with Carr

Next 5...DEN, HOU, TN, LAC, CLE...Chargers and Titans are or will be in the QB market.

Thoughts on your list.

Brady...NE or LAC. Chargers need to establish LA as a home base with this new stadium and one way to get fans in the stands would be with Brady as the triggerman...my guess he stay in NE also.

Brees...NO, not going anywhere else...might be his last go around.

Rivers...agree.

Prescott...DAL, the team is built around him...the championship window is the next 2-3 yrs.

Bridgewater...OAK, TB

Mariota...backup

Tannehill...Titans.

Winston...TB on a one yr prove it deal. I don't see him getting a long term deal anywhere else.

Look for Dalton and Cam Newton to hit the market and there is a good chance Dalton lands as a stopgap starter or a backup. Cam, I have no clue where his health his.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jameis Winston, Bucs

Case Keenum, Redskins
taysom hill is going to be 30 next season. i was shocked when i saw that.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jameis Winston, Bucs

Case Keenum, Redskins
A lot of interesting scenarios. I could see Arians and the Bucs try to swing a trade for Andy Dalton. It just seems like something Arians would do. Jameis will not be resigned if that happens.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
taysom hill is going to be 30 next season. i was shocked when i saw that.
I had no idea he was that old. That actually completely changes my perspective on the Saints succession plan.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no idea he was that old. That actually completely changes my perspective on the Saints succession plan.
same. when i saw that my mind changed on if he was the successor plan, or a bridge to another guy?

how many QB's become a starter at 30 after being a trick player like he has been?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my issue with hill is he has 13 career pass attempts

6 for 13

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting to see what happens to Derek Carr in Oakland. Gruden does not know how to develop a QB.
I'm thinking Gruden might go back to the old Raiders formula of getting recycled experienced QBs (Dalton, Rivers, Manning, Cam Newton) that he doesn't need to coach or develop much.