• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors of a Dez Bryant Videotape

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read that it's 5 times worse than the Ray Rice video, so I guess Dex killed somebody on camera.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but didn't Schefter say a video of Dez exists and it's bad? that still hasn't been proven and may not be.

He fell just short of that ( he probably would have preferred the radio host not to ask that question knowing Schefter sat on this since September) from what I have read. If he had it, it would have been everywhere within 5 minutes. He did claim to have an idea of what it's contents were, so there's that.

Schefter protected himself enough where a defamation lawsuit would have to go through hell to prove malice, IMO.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention it's from 4 years ago. There was a police report, nothing came of it, the league office has know about it, nothing has come of it. The Cowboys not giving Dez a long-term extension at this point is pretty idiotic IMO. If anything he's done in the last 5 years was something they couldn't live with, they should have traded him. Now they are gonna tag him and have a huge cap number this year? Then what? They're gonna tag him again next year, or sign him long term. Since they aren't letting him go, follow the advice of Teddy KGB and "pay that man his money"

Tagging Dez is going to lead to a shitstorm that should be avoided but Jerry has decided to play with fire.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tagging Dez is going to lead to a shitstorm that should be avoided but Jerry has decided to play with fire.
Tagging Dez makes no sense at all IMO. Is there a time in the next 4-5 years when he won't be here? No. So pay him

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tagging Dez makes no sense at all IMO. Is there a time in the next 4-5 years when he won't be here? No. So pay him

Jerry has talked about the "Tony Romo Window" on many occasions. Having Dez and having him happy and productive is a huge part of that window. That's what makes no sense to me.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry has talked about the "Tony Romo Window" on many occasions. Having Dez and having him happy and productive is a huge part of that window. That's what makes no sense to me.
Plus..... If you signed Dez to a long-term deal, it would make signing Murray or even tagging him an option. Hardto figure

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football would be a lot moe enjoyable without hearing about all the off field crap.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football would be a lot moe enjoyable without hearing about all the off field crap.

Most of the guys at ESPN and NFL Network would be out of a job. But that's definitely not a bad thing!:clap:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Link to police report.

This has been blown completely out of proportion.

Just because all parties said there was nothing bad happening to a cop doesn't mean that something didn't happen.

I don't care about this stuff at all. This is my first time in this thread but I was morbidly curious because I kept hearing about the "very bad" video which seems to still be a myth so far.

However if a video does come out of Bryant beating on a girl, that isn't not going to end well for him.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because all parties said there was nothing bad happening to a cop doesn't mean that something didn't happen.

I don't care about this stuff at all. This is my first time in this thread but I was morbidly curious because I kept hearing about the "very bad" video which seems to still be a myth so far.

However if a video does come out of Bryant beating on a girl, that isn't not going to end well for him.
Fair enough, but this seems to be the only information out there other than "we heard Dez did something and it's really bad but we won't tell you what it is". All of these articles vaguely talking about an incident seems dubious at best.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Link to police report.

This has been blown completely out of proportion.

As predicted, it's something that occurred years ago (2011). That said, it reads like a whole lot of nothing. I don't think it would have read that way if Dez had beaten the Hell out of some woman. If this is the event there's supposedly a tape of, I'm guessing it's a crappy parking lot camera vid or a shaky cell phone vid. If it's head bobbin', finger pointing, hollering, and over exaggerated motions exhibiting great frustration and a lack of maturity, yet no violence to another human being, as the police report would suggest, this video is going to be a joke.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, but this seems to be the only information out there other than "we heard Dez did something and it's really bad but we won't tell you what it is". All of these articles vaguely talking about an incident seems dubious at best.

The issue is over whether there is a video. If there is no video there is literally no story.

If there is a video, then things change dramatically.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As predicted, it's something that occurred years ago (2011). That said, it reads like a whole lot of nothing. I don't think it would have read that way if Dez had beaten the Hell out of some woman. If this is the event there's supposedly a tape of, I'm guessing it's a crappy parking lot camera vid or a shaky cell phone vid. If it's head bobbin', finger pointing, hollering, and over exaggerated motions exhibiting great frustration and a lack of maturity, yet no violence to another human being, as the police report would suggest, this video is going to be a joke.
I think that's where the smart money is.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had read about the Walmart incident, 2011.

The story may end up having a really bad video for Dez but then their has been allegations Dez's formar agent paid the owner of the video hush money for years and when Dez went to Roc Nation the payoffs stopped. This would make the whole video part of a larger conspiracy. The article went on further to suggest this could be initiated by the Cowboys for contract leverage.

The Cowboys leaking this makes zero sense to me. Why put yourself in position to have to justify your involvement with a reported video?

IMO the owners of the video and sportscasters trying to break the story are way over playing their hands at this point. It is burning out before it actually becomes a story.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue is over whether there is a video. If there is no video there is literally no story.

If there is a video, then things change dramatically.

Wrong. If there is video and Dez is even in it, then things change. Everyone states that Dez wasn't there until after the incident. A chick and this other dude argued, and she has a car Dez bought. Video of Dez in a bentley driving up is nothing.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. If there is video and Dez is even in it, then things change. Everyone states that Dez wasn't there until after the incident. A chick and this other dude argued, and she has a car Dez bought. Video of Dez in a bentley driving up is nothing.

OK. I'm confused. What part of my comment was wrong?