• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors of a Dez Bryant Videotape

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the speculation and theorizing by the media is just maddening. The bar has really, really dropped in reporting and integrity these days.

This trend to crush people via social media is truly frightening and totally irresponsible, imo.

Just as crazy as a rush to judge what did/did not take place. We need all the facts.

I get it, people enjoy discussing other people's dirty laundry, especially if that person is a well recognized persona. But the level of scrutiny and bashing has gotten completely out of hand. I realize shock media is what makes headlines these days, but it makes it no less disgusting.

Reality is, half the media is 'promoting' stirring the pot before all the facts are in. Smdh.

very well stated ma'am. :suds:

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but you get sites like TMZ that will pay $$$ for it.

I hope TMZ pays a bunch of money for it and then it ends pup being a terrible video where nothing could be proven or its clearly a different guy. That shit would be funny as hell

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not picking a fight. Video or not, there is no story unless someone thinks like you do and that the police report is false.

I absolutely did not say that the police report is false. I said that the police report, in itself, doesn't prove anything at all. That's it.

If a video comes out that is exactly what is on the report, a video is still out and it doesn't mean squat. Your comments when taken in their entirety is nothing but stirring the pot, and anyone that points that out is picking a fight with you, I guess.

What pot is that? The "If a video comes out it could be a problem for Dez but until then it is a non-story" pot? Guilty as charged I guess.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely did not say that the police report is false. I said that the police report, in itself, doesn't prove anything at all. That's it.

What pot is that? The "If a video comes out it could be a problem for Dez but until then it is a non-story" pot? Guilty as charged I guess.

And I'm the one being pedantic. :scratch:

State doubt in the report, then state that a video coming out would be bad for Dez. When I clarified, I was picking a fight. Interesting take on it.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that there may not be enough to show that any reporters may have displayed malice or ill intent by drubbing up all this shit, but it seems to be more than just trying to get a story out.

Schefter has apparently been working on this since September? Must not have had a deadline, but it seems awful strange that it is just now being pursued hard and heavy when its time for the dude to get paid. 6 months is a pretty significant amount of time to get this shit out. I gotta question Adam's work ethic or his ability to press someone for info? I would think about another line of work if it took me this long to get my job done. Maybe theres a Sonic near your house that needs another carhop Schefter?

This is what it smells like to me. The owner of the video is an old acquaintance of De'z, Ex girlfriend, or a guy from his old crew. Dez has moved on, they feel disrespected so they opt to sell a video they kept under raps because Dez was a friend.

This poor soul is most likely someone that doesn't have 2 nickles to rub together and thinks this video is worth 500K or more. All amateurs in this game think their video is worth a fortune and hold on the video for dear life.

This is what the reporters have been doing these last months. Maybe trying to get the seller to come way down on the price and at the same time trick the seller into
reveling more and more info of what is on the tape.

That's my theory. (I know, what else is their to do. Football is over and The Masters is not until April)

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, most reporters can't pay for stuff like this video. Their companies don't allow it. So what reporters have probably been doing is trying to get it for free from someone, or waiting for TMZ/Deadspin to get it.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, most reporters can't pay for stuff like this video. Their companies don't allow it. So what reporters have probably been doing is trying to get it for free from someone, or waiting for TMZ/Deadspin to get it.

That said, money has been offered for this video. If we don't see it by the end of next week, I'm guessing it doesn't exist, or it's extremely overrated. At the most, we see a man dragging a woman from one car to another. Not saying that's okay, but when some state this was "5x worse than the Ray Rice video," I'm expecting a pretty awful beatdown.

BritishDolfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said, money has been offered for this video. If we don't see it by the end of next week, I'm guessing it doesn't exist, or it's extremely overrated. At the most, we see a man dragging a woman from one car to another. Not saying that's okay, but when some state this was "5x worse than the Ray Rice video," I'm expecting a pretty awful beatdown.
Exactly. It would be hilarious if someone paid a lot of money for the video and it turned out to be a grainy clip of a guy who may or may not be Dez Bryant doing something like that.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Wetzel: ‘Don’t Think There Is A Dez Bryant Video’
February 27, 2015 11:57 AM
Share on email1

View Comments
gettyimages_459746913.jpg

(Credit: Ronald Martinez/Getty Images)

Related Tags:
Dan Wetzel, Dez Bryant, NFL
The Dez Bryant video has gone viral.

Well, actually, it hasn’t – mainly because we don’t know if it actually exists.

But let’s put that aside for a second. Let’s not debate whether the video is really out there or what Dez Bryant may or may not have done on camera. How has this saga been handled from a media standpoint?

In a word, poorly. In another word, unprofessionally.

“It never should have gotten out,” Yahoo! Sports columnist Dan Wetzel said on CBS Sports Radio’s Gio and Jones. “You either have a story, or you don’t have a story. There might be a video (or there might not be). And some of the speculation – the first time I heard about it, I was like, ‘Oh, is this going to beak imminently? Are they shopping it around? (Did) TMZ just (buy) it?’ And then (you hear), ‘Oh, it’s five times worse than (the) Ray Rice (incident).’ I don’t mean to make light or joke about the Ray Rice (incident), but what is five times worse (than that)? Ray Rice knocked a woman flat out. I was like, ‘What is this? There’s a video of something five times worse, and it’s not a felony? Who’s been holding on to the video?’

“I don’t think there is a video,” Wetzel continued. “It just became this entire smear campaign probably orchestrated by somebody. But whatever it is, you can’t talk about what might be out there – let alone (the fact that) no one even saw it. Just journalistically, it’s pretty poor. But honestly, you can make money now just throwing it out there, getting the clicks and (saying) later, ‘Oh, there was no story.’ Not only one site, but all the sites. Things just go viral with nothing there. So I don’t know what’s up with Dez Bryant, but right now, he didn’t do anything.”

Indeed, this saga is a detriment to true journalists everywhere. Wetzel isn’t offended by how this report – if you can call it that – has been handled, but he is frustrated by it.

“Yeah, I don’t take it as a personal hurt,” Wetzel said, “but obviously I do think the public ends up thinking, ‘Oh, it’s just click-bait. You’re just trying to do this or that (to get clicks).’ It’s not pretty when you’ve got that many organizations (focusing on this). I mean, ESPN (said), ‘Well, we’ve been looking into this thing.’ I think guys got caught up talking about stuff, but I’ve worked on really big stories. You don’t even tell all the people in your company. You tell as few people as possible what you’re working on. But you never speak to it publicly – because it gets in the way of your chances of getting it, it kicks off the competition and it’s completely and utterly unfair.”

As Wetzel explained, even if someone approached a journalist and claimed to have a video of Dez Bryant – or any NFL player – doing something illegal or controversial on camera, that journalist would have to both see the video and confirm that it was actually the alleged player before issuing a report.

That’s called fact-checking. In other words, Journalism 101.

“No one’s even gotten that far with it,” Wetzel said. “It was just like, boom, there you go. Someone’s just saying something’s out there. Yeah, not a good day for sports journalism or journalism at all, but that’s the reality at this point, unfortunately.”

Well finally a take thats probably the most realistic

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although he is right about how the media has handled this, he is gonna feel pretty stupid if a video does surface.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...any video?... No matter what's on it or not.

This is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy is totally right, Florio in particular should be ashamed of himself for publicly discussing rumors on the radio. I have more sympathy for the other people because they were basically forced to acknowledge they had looked into this once Florio spoke out about it. Reporters look into things all the time. But you should only hear about the ones that actually pan out, not the rumors.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 2 feelings on this...

1. Its a shame sometimes the lives that are hurt when reporters are over zealous trying to be the first to break the big story. They all want the fortune of landing the first exclusive to the point they dont care whom they run over in trying to get the story.

2. If this happened to me and I was innocent I'd simply say, "I've done NOTHING wrong and this is all hurtful to me and my family". The only thing Dez has said was a tweet stating, "I've made mistakes in my past". I dont understand why he hasn't come out and said, "I didnt do anything".

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2. If this happened to me and I was innocent I'd simply say, "I've done NOTHING wrong and this is all hurtful to me and my family". The only thing Dez has said was a tweet stating, "I've made mistakes in my past". I dont understand why he hasn't come out and said, "I didnt do anything".

That would have been his response if he didn't do anything. He obviously did....it is just a matter of whether or not the tape ever sees the light of day.

Like I stated earlier that tape is worth A LOT more to Dez than it is to anyone else. In other words he will be the one that ends up ponying up the cash for it. TMZ can obviously make some money off of it....but not as much as Dez stands to lose by letting them get their hands on it. And that means we will never see it.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's video of Mike Florio raping midgets in his basement. It may not exist, but it definitely might.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Florio should be prison gangbanged for his BS on this so far. Pure POS speculative nonsense on a 4 year old non issue incident. Dez is no angel but Florio is a scumbag bottom feeder Lawyer looking for clicks

I hope he gets kidney stones for the rest off his life

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, my take on this:

I think somebody might have a tape. If the guy holding the tape is saying that something is "really bad" on it, and is trying to get money for it, that is blackmail.

If there is something illegal on the tape, that would be extortion.

Either way, if he has not come out and asked for money, they don't yet have anything on him. If he puts it out without money, he gets nothing. If he asks for money, straight to jail.
That's all he can do is wait for somebody to give him cash and even then, he could be caught. Do you think TMZ would not tape you taking the money?
Right now, lawyers are negotiating and trying to find a way to make this "legal" (and determine price)

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wal-Mart: No security footage video from Dez Bryant incident report
By Will Brinson | NFL Writer

March 6, 2015 9:57 am

Dez_Bryant_Security_Footage_Videotape_Wal_Mart_Incident_Report.jpg

Wal-Mart says it has no video of Dez Bryant. (USATSI)
There's been ample speculation over the past few weeks -- and perhaps months in certain circles -- about a potential video tape involving Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant in a Wal-Mart parking lot.

While an incident report from 2011 emerged publicly there won't be a video coming out according to Daniel Kaplan of the Sports Business Journal.

Kaplan spoke with Brian Nick, Wal-Mart director of national media relations and was told "because no charges had been filed, the company would not have pulled the security footage at the time and created a videotape of the incident. "

Additionally it "would be too late" to pull security footage at this point.

Nick told Kaplan that Wal-Mart "eliminates footage after a certain period of time" and "that time has passed."

Is it possible a video tape exists anyway? It's possible. But speculating about the existence of such a tape at this point -- without first-hand proof -- would be questionable, at best.

And as Wal-Mart told Kaplan, the company's official stance is "no videotape is or has been in the possession" of the retail chain.

Bryant was given the franchise tag by the Cowboys before Monday's deadline. The two sides are still struggling to find common ground and work out a new contract.

Doubt there is any video from Walmart still around, but of course there could be a video from someones phone somewhere? 4 year old video from a phone is going to be sketchy and hard to determine much at all from most likely. This appears to be more of an attempt to cost the guy money or smear/extort still.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy is totally right, Florio in particular should be ashamed of himself for publicly discussing rumors on the radio. I have more sympathy for the other people because they were basically forced to acknowledge they had looked into this once Florio spoke out about it. Reporters look into things all the time. But you should only hear about the ones that actually pan out, not the rumors.

What about Adam Shefter who claimed he's been working on this since September? Working on what? What a dumb ass!!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This seems appropriate...

The thing about Mike Florio is that he's spent years being one of the NFL's most faithful shills. He's the guy who argued that Roger Goodell should get a raise in the wake of the referee lockout, and the guy whose site hasn't written a damn thing about the league's completely hollow and entirely PR-driven attempts to help prevent domestic violence. And here he is chiding a late-night host for not taking Ballghazi seriously enough. Get the fuck out of here, Mike. Take a nap.

Mike Florio Calls Out David Letterman For Being A Comedian