• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors of a Dez Bryant Videotape

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. I'm confused. What part of my comment was wrong?

The issue is over whether there is a video. If there is no video there is literally no story.

If there is a video, then things change dramatically.

You only had three sentences, and I addressed one directly. I'll bold it for you though.

We have the police report. You say that video changes things dramatically. I said that was wrong, and then went on to say why...because video of the incident doesn't change anything unless Dez is actually in (doing more than showing up after the fact).

Video of the police report changes nothing.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. If there is video and Dez is even in it, then things change. Everyone states that Dez wasn't there until after the incident. A chick and this other dude argued, and she has a car Dez bought. Video of Dez in a bentley driving up is nothing.

But then again, if it's a video from 2011 that shows Dez's doing something stupid, authorities were called but no charges were filed, then what do you really have? Would the NFL even bother with taking any action?

This is what I think is floating out there, it's one of those old events we already knew about that no charges were filed.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But then again, if it's a video from 2011 that shows Dez's doing something stupid, authorities were called but no charges were filed, then what do you really have? Would the NFL even bother with taking any action?

We have already seen where the NFL doesn't care until video shows up. Doesn't matter how old or if they already punished.

It sounds like there isn't anything for Dez to have done wrong, unless the video is of another incident all together.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't underestimate the power of rampaging feminists.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever has this video is doing a masterful job of promoting it.

You think? If they prop it up as "worse than Ray Rice" and then it comes out as something that is grainy, old, and not even positive it is Dez then they killed their own momentum IMO. Over-hype and then failing to deliver could kill a story pretty quick.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that there may not be enough to show that any reporters may have displayed malice or ill intent by drubbing up all this shit, but it seems to be more than just trying to get a story out.

Schefter has apparently been working on this since September? Must not have had a deadline, but it seems awful strange that it is just now being pursued hard and heavy when its time for the dude to get paid. 6 months is a pretty significant amount of time to get this shit out. I gotta question Adam's work ethic or his ability to press someone for info? I would think about another line of work if it took me this long to get my job done. Maybe theres a Sonic near your house that needs another carhop Schefter?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You only had three sentences, and I addressed one directly. I'll bold it for you though.

We have the police report. You say that video changes things dramatically. I said that was wrong, and then went on to say why...because video of the incident doesn't change anything unless Dez is actually in (doing more than showing up after the fact).

Video of the police report changes nothing.

I see. So you ignore my first two comments and focus on my last comment because it isn't explicitly clear enough.

You're right Ford. If there is a video and Dez Bryant isn't in it or it is a video of him playing canasta, then there is no story. I didn't think it would be necessary to make that point but let's not leave any pedantic stone unturned I guess.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have already seen where the NFL doesn't care until video shows up. Doesn't matter how old or if they already punished.

It sounds like there isn't anything for Dez to have done wrong, unless the video is of another incident all together.

We've already seen the NFL throw around various allegations without any proof of any wrong doing [see deflategate].

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see. So you ignore my first two comments and focus on my last comment because it isn't explicitly clear enough.

You're right Ford. If there is a video and Dez Bryant isn't in it or it is a video of him playing canasta, then there is no story. I didn't think it would be necessary to make that point but let's not leave any pedantic stone unturned I guess.
Just because all parties said there was nothing bad happening to a cop doesn't mean that something didn't happen.

I don't care about this stuff at all. This is my first time in this thread but I was morbidly curious because I kept hearing about the "very bad" video which seems to still be a myth so far.

However if a video does come out of Bryant beating on a girl, that isn't not going to end well for him.

The issue is over whether there is a video. If there is no video there is literally no story.

If there is a video, then things change dramatically.

Your first comment says the equivalent of the report is lying. Your second comment is the one I said was wrong.

I didn't ignore anything, I took every post you made in this thread into account actually.

"Pedantic" is funny. You come out saying that the police report doesn't mean shit, then say the video changes everything. But I'm in the wrong here. Funny shit, hawk. Throw shit at the wall, hope it sticks, and then blame others when they point out what you are doing.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think? If they prop it up as "worse than Ray Rice" and then it comes out as something that is grainy, old, and not even positive it is Dez then they killed their own momentum IMO. Over-hype and then failing to deliver could kill a story pretty quick.

Yes, but you get sites like TMZ that will pay $$$ for it.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What part of "If there is no video there is literally no story" was unclear to you?

If there is a video, meaning a video that show Bryant engaging in actions that would get him in trouble, then things change. Which means that if no such video materializes then this is a non-story.

I honestly don't get why you are picking a fight with me over this. Have I even suggested that there is a video?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but you get sites like TMZ that will pay $$$ for it.

that's true. If they are successful in getting big cash, then they win. If their hope is to really take Dez down, they could fail.

I think it is a money grab

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What part of "If there is no video there is literally no story" was unclear to you?

If there is a video, meaning a video that show Bryant engaging in actions that would get him in trouble, then things change. Which means that if no such video materializes then this is a non-story.

I honestly don't get why you are picking a fight with me over this.

I'm not picking a fight. Video or not, there is no story unless someone thinks like you do and that the police report is false.

If a video comes out that is exactly what is on the report, a video is still out and it doesn't mean squat. Your comments when taken in their entirety is nothing but stirring the pot, and anyone that points that out is picking a fight with you, I guess.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the speculation and theorizing by the media is just maddening. The bar has really, really dropped in reporting and integrity these days.

This trend to crush people via social media is truly frightening and totally irresponsible, imo.

Just as crazy as a rush to judge what did/did not take place. We need all the facts.

I get it, people enjoy discussing other people's dirty laundry, especially if that person is a well recognized persona. But the level of scrutiny and bashing has gotten completely out of hand. I realize shock media is what makes headlines these days, but it makes it no less disgusting.

Reality is, half the media is 'promoting' stirring the pot before all the facts are in. Smdh.