• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors of a Dez Bryant Videotape

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not the Cowboys leaking anything to keep his price down, especially if whatever is on the tape would risk suspension or worse. How does that help the Cowboys?

If it's one of Dez's old scumbag friends that kept an old tape, and the risk of him releasing it has been out since September then how is that guy still alive?[/QUOTE]

Because Aaron Hernandez is not available.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so at what point is it considered defamation Schefter? You say theres supposed to be a video, but you haven't seen it. Then you say that it may not even be Dez in the video. Then the video may never surface

Asked about the rumors of a Dez Bryant video, Schefter said (measuring his words very carefully) that he has heard about the video and that he knows what’s on it.

I’ve been working on this since September,” Schefter said. “There’s a lot involved.”

Schefter also said he doesn’t know whether the video will come out.

“It’s taken up a lot of my time this season,” Schefter added, explaining that what he’s been working on isn’t ready and may never be.

From Florio:
Since Friday, it’s definitely taken up plenty of my time. I’ve spent lots of time on the phone trying to determine whether the video exists, and I’ve submitted a request under the Texas Public Information Act to the appropriate agency, with the goal of getting the video (if it exists) and any related documents (if they exist).

This shit is gonna be pretty sad if someone doesn't come up with that damn video and that guy loses millions over a bunch of rumors

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so at what point is it considered defamation Schefter? You say theres supposed to be a video, but you haven't seen it. Then you say that it may not even be Dez in the video. Then the video may never surface

Asked about the rumors of a Dez Bryant video, Schefter said (measuring his words very carefully) that he has heard about the video and that he knows what’s on it.

I’ve been working on this since September,” Schefter said. “There’s a lot involved.”

Schefter also said he doesn’t know whether the video will come out.

“It’s taken up a lot of my time this season,” Schefter added, explaining that what he’s been working on isn’t ready and may never be.

From Florio:
Since Friday, it’s definitely taken up plenty of my time. I’ve spent lots of time on the phone trying to determine whether the video exists, and I’ve submitted a request under the Texas Public Information Act to the appropriate agency, with the goal of getting the video (if it exists) and any related documents (if they exist).

This shit is gonna be pretty sad if someone doesn't come up with that damn video and that guy loses millions over a bunch of rumors
Totally agree, not to mention, in the police report, a guy was dragging a girl from one car to another, which is bad, but a long way from 5 times worse than Ray Rice. That's if Dez was even the one that did it

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am starting to call BS on this whole thing. Someone has nothing on tape, but wants you to think they have something, hoping someone pays for it. If this was so bad, worse than Rice, how does this go un-talked about for how long? This was done in a parking lot? OK so no one saw this and called the police? Wally World let some outrageous crime happen in their parking lot and said nothing to the police? IDK...Maybe it was a tape of the NE ball boy walking into the bathroom only to show Dez walking out in that guys cloths......

If that's true, Schefters career is over and so is anyone else who claims to have seen the screenshot.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are many posters on here that wished dez was on their team. Best red zone receiver in nfl

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until this "ghost" video actually appears and clearly shows Dez Bryant doing something bad he is getting smeared unfairly. Mike Florio should be ashamed of himself for speculating without proof he is a Lawyer ......... opps answered my own question he knows how to smear someone legally and not get sued and just walk away while trying to ruin somebody.

Just bring out the evidence if it exists and lets get this over and done.

Slimy Ambulance chasing Lawyers

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until this "ghost" video actually appears and clearly shows Dez Bryant doing something bad he is getting smeared unfairly. Mike Florio should be ashamed of himself for speculating without proof he is a Lawyer ......... opps answered my own question he knows how to smear someone legally and not get sued and just walk away while trying to ruin somebody.

Florio is definitely an ass if nothing comes of this. People have to remember that Schefter only confirmed

1. This has been a rumor going back to at least September
  2. It's content apparently is very damaging if it does exist
  3. We do not know anything else for certain, including if Dez was ever really involved.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, and I wonder why this is coming out just as Dez faces a crucial contract situation. Hmm.

At least Ian Rappaport did reporting it seems and sought public records. It sounds like something happened at this Wal-Mart, but whether anyone has video of it, still remains to be seen. I suspect the rumor is that there is video of him hitting his own mother.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's true, Schefters career is over and so is anyone else who claims to have seen the screenshot.

Wouldn't hurt my feelings at all.

Chris Mortensen > Adam Schefter

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

screen shots can be photoshopped. Just ask Doobs. And we've all seen Wal-Mart videos, which are very grainy to begin with. I think Dez has a defamation case against anyone that has talked about it and claiming it to be him.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The supposed incident per Florio. Still no video proof:

The report mentions that an unknown person called the police to explain that a black female was “being dragged from one vehicle to another vehicle” by a black male. The vehicle the woman was dragged from was a Mercedes registered to Dez Bryant.

When a police officer responded, a Wal-Mart security guard explained that he arrived at the scene with the door to the Mercedes still open and a child’s toy on the ground, but that no one was present. Then, two men pulled up in an Escalade registered to Dez Bryant. The two men, Carl King and Christopher Mitchell, said they received a call from the alleged victim, asking them to pick up “her” Mercedes.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
screen shots can be photoshopped. Just ask Doobs. And we've all seen Wal-Mart videos, which are very grainy to begin with. I think Dez has a defamation case against anyone that has talked about it and claiming it to be him.

Libel and slander are very difficult to prove in court. I doubt Dez would win, but he has enough money to cause a shitstorm if he wants to do so.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florio is definitely an ass if nothing comes of this. People have to remember that Schefter only confirmed

1. This has been a rumor going back to at least September
  2. It's content apparently is very damaging if it does exist
  3. We do not know anything else for certain, including if Dez was ever really involved.

I thought Schefter said he knows the tape exists and knows what is on it. So what if it doesn't exist?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True. He could sign a reasonable contract with Dallas now and then get millions more from Florio and Schefter and everyone else :)

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The supposed incident per Florio. Still no video proof:

The report mentions that an unknown person called the police to explain that a black female was “being dragged from one vehicle to another vehicle” by a black male. The vehicle the woman was dragged from was a Mercedes registered to Dez Bryant.

When a police officer responded, a Wal-Mart security guard explained that he arrived at the scene with the door to the Mercedes still open and a child’s toy on the ground, but that no one was present. Then, two men pulled up in an Escalade registered to Dez Bryant. The two men, Carl King and Christopher Mitchell, said they received a call from the alleged victim, asking them to pick up “her” Mercedes.
Sounds like Dez Bryants vehicle is in trouble, but a report I heard had Dez showing up after police were already there.