• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors of a Dez Bryant Videotape

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Schefter said this morning the video is real, and this is a story he's been working on since September. A couple of things, first, if Schefter said it's real, that's bad news, IMO. He also said it's bad. The thing that jumps out to me though, is if Schefter has know about it for 6 months, then so has the Cowboys and the League, so it's either not criminal, or it could be something they've already dealt with, like perhaps a video of the deal with his mother.

September? Obviously it wasn't bad enough since he played the whole season. If it was Ray Rice like he never would have seen the field last season. Again..:bullshit:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
September? Obviously it wasn't bad enough since he played the whole season. If it was Ray Rice like he never would have seen the field last season. Again..:bullshit:

Because the league has never tried to cover things up... Ray Rice... cough cough.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this was known about since September why wouldn't he have reported on it during the whole domestic violence pile on that ensued, especially early in the season? Unless it's A) not clear it's him or B) it's old enough that the shock of it would have worn off. Something just doesn't add up about all of these rumors.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this was known about since September why wouldn't he have reported on it during the whole domestic violence pile on that ensued, especially early in the season? Unless it's A) not clear it's him or B) it's old enough that the shock of it would have worn off. Something just doesn't add up about all of these rumors.

My guess is it's rather old. Dez' last tweet does seem to refer to stuff in the past, maybe this is it. Seems kind of lame, but it doesn't seem to be completely BS either.

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the media had anything it would be all over the place. Nothing those vultures like betterbetter than a shit storm. If there's something out there being sold to the highest bidder thats fucked up.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the media had anything it would be all over the place. Nothing those vultures like betterbetter than a shit storm. If there's something out there being sold to the highest bidder thats fucked up.

"I've been working on this since September," Schefter said. "It's taken up a lot of my time this season, I'll say that.
"Well, listen, whatever we've been working on is not ready and maybe it never will be. Who knows? You've got to be very careful on these things. People can talk about videos, they can talk about this, they can talk about that. The fact of the matter is, it doesn't mean anything and it's really not fair to him right now until you have all your facts in line. Which we spent a long time trying to do."

I can't find any sense in these comments.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's probably 12 year old Dez doing something bone headed.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is reportedly years old. What Florio said is that numerous reporters have heard about it, but no one has gotten the video--probably because some scumbag has it and is demanding a lot of money for it. People like Schefter don't pay sources for information--that is not something reputable journalists do. But TMZ, which got the Ray Rice video, DOES pay, and is probably trying to add some zeroes to a check as we speak.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
deadspin has already posted saying to contact them and they will buy it.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a theory: maybe Jerrah already bought it to keep it under wraps?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Deadspin post is pretty funny.

The video is reportedly for sale to the highest bidder, or, alternately, being used to extort Bryant. To that we would add: to anyone in possession of the video, email us at Deadspin, and perhaps we will pay you money for the video.

We have been approached by multiple tipsters claiming to know what the video shows, and there are at least three conflicting versions. Notably, of all the people who have offered descriptions of what's on the tape, not one claims to have actually seen it. There's more than a hint of urban legend here.

http://deadspin.com/if-the-dez-bryant-video-exists-well-buy-it-1688021515

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also a Deadspin commenter had a classic line:

It would be a hell of a catch if you guys can secure it.

Another commenter:

I heard from a guy who heard from another guy that Bill Belichick has a video of Dez Bryant videotaping Colts GM Ryan Grigson letting air out of the balls while holding a rifle on a grassy knoll in Dallas.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also a Deadspin commenter had a classic line:

It would be a hell of a catch if you guys can secure it.

Another commenter:

I heard from a guy who heard from another guy that Bill Belichick has a video of Dez Bryant videotaping Colts GM Ryan Grigson letting air out of the balls while holding a rifle on a grassy knoll in Dallas.

between the rumored Dez video and the deflategate nonsense, that actually is probably the most reliable quote from any commenter.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But TMZ, which got the Ray Rice video, DOES pay, and is probably trying to add some zeroes to a check as we speak.

I just can't imagine the tape being worth more to TMZ than it is to Dez (who is set to sign what is likely to be close to a $100M deal as long as a tape of him doing something really bad doesn't come out).

This is either just a bad rumor....or bad enough that Dez opens up his pocketbook to keep it under wraps.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not the Cowboys leaking anything to keep his price down, especially if whatever is on the tape would risk suspension or worse. How does that help the Cowboys?

If it's one of Dez's old scumbag friends that kept an old tape, and the risk of him releasing it has been out since September then how is that guy still alive?

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a hard time believing that if shefter or anyone else had any clue of what this is, they wouldn't use the old "unnamed source" I mean when does one get to write a story without a named source and when does one not?

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am starting to call BS on this whole thing. Someone has nothing on tape, but wants you to think they have something, hoping someone pays for it. If this was so bad, worse than Rice, how does this go un-talked about for how long? This was done in a parking lot? OK so no one saw this and called the police? Wally World let some outrageous crime happen in their parking lot and said nothing to the police? IDK...Maybe it was a tape of the NE ball boy walking into the bathroom only to show Dez walking out in that guys cloths......