• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors of a Dez Bryant Videotape

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jerry Jones likes the player (and he likes Dez), he'll pay him. That is if the cap allows it.

He's been more circumspect of late though, and would like to keep Murray if possible ( probably let him try the market, but still wants to keep him).

Put the franchise tag on Dez if cant get a deal . Just have to convince the player that getting the tag and good money for one year, does not mean you wont get the big contract next year. But Bryant has an agent who is going to push hard.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think it's a possibility that the Dallas Cowboys have in their possession a video of Dez Bryant in some compromising position and are blackmailing him that if he does not give them a big discount with his contract, they will release the video to the public.

By asking this question you are saying that is a possibility. Go ahead and say that is a possibility.

I want your answer on record so everybody can see you lose all of your credibility in 1 statement if you haven't already.

No. But what I AM saying is that I would not put it past the Cowboys to leak a scurrilous rumor to the media to scare other teams and weaken Dez's negotiating position at the same time they try to sign him to a contract. I have no idea whether a video exists and neither apparently did Mike Florio, but he went on the air and talked about it anyway.

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The general sports media has about the same creditability as the Hoop. That being said, business is business and no stunt is too under handed for big business. Jerry Jones didn't leverage his promising future selling shoes into an oil empire and then into a multi-billion dollar sports franchise by having impeachable moral values.
A dozen glasses of Johnny Walker Blue will sooth an aching conscious if it becomes a problem.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. But what I AM saying is that I would not put it past the Cowboys to leak a scurrilous rumor to the media to scare other teams and weaken Dez's negotiating position at the same time they try to sign him to a contract. I have no idea whether a video exists and neither apparently did Mike Florio, but he went on the air and talked about it anyway.

You are still saying the same thing.
But now your adding the Cowboys are sabotaging Dez as well.

It's one thing to hate the Cowboys organization. I get that. But when your hate makes you say things that make you look like a jackass ...it's time to take a step back.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez is an absolute beast on the field, hope the Boys find a way to keep his head on straight. Someone that can talk some sense to him needs to sit him down and explain how all this media BS, is not some conspiracy to keep him from getting paid. Keep doing and saying the right things and you'll get paid Dez, go off the deep end and you get tagged. Jerry needs to nut up and pay the kid and lets move onto some other needs.
I agree. You never hurt your team by paying great players in their prime what they are worth. You get killed when you overpay older players, big name FA's who don't fit your system, and less talented players because you don't have a ready replacement

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched a video of Dez making a brilliant catch in green bay. It was a damn catch!! Cowboys screwed over yet again

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't buy it.
Not to say there aren't videos with Bryant out there, but to say that there is some deal breaking video is a ploy by folks to try and create leverage with Bryant during negotiations. If there was such a video, it would have been sold and spread like wildfire.

I have a video of Bryant in a very bad situation.
It depicts him not catching a pass for the winning TD in a playoff game - very bad!!!!!!

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched a video of Dez making a brilliant catch in green bay. It was a damn catch!! Cowboys screwed over yet again

tumblr_m4qffwnOsy1rwcc6bo1_250.gif

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez is a spaz, but I'd love to have him on my team.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's one thing to hate the Cowboys organization. I get that. But when your hate makes you say things that make you look like a jackass ...it's time to take a step back.

This board would completely dry up and die if all of us didn't get to go on our little hate filled rants that make us look like a jackasses!