• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roquan Smith Requesting Trade

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears are dropping the ball here. They are in a rebuild, but Roquan is a top 5 ILB and a piece they can build a defense around at just 25 years old.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year of his contract. Gonna have to pay him, he is well worth it, unless you want a one-year rental

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year of his contract. Gonna have to pay him, he is well worth it, unless you want a one-year rental
Bears have like $18m in cap space right now and projected to be around $90m next year (highest in the league)... They should have more than enough to pay that man.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come home to Georgia big fella. We need you bad.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading him would be a bit like the Jaguars trading away Jalen Ramsey. Whoever gets Smith would benefit way more than whatever the Bears get out of getting rid of him. Gotta pay him, imo.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading him would be a bit like the Jaguars trading away Jalen Ramsey. Whoever gets Smith would benefit way more than whatever the Bears get out of getting rid of him. Gotta pay him, imo.

Poor comparison.

The impact a CB like Ramsey has on the game isnt even comparable to Smith. This isnt you daddy's NFL anymore. MLB simply isnt the impact position that it used to be. You can't fake good MLB play.....but it isnt that hard to find either.

It's not hard to see the disconnect here in the least. Smith and his agent are looking at "LB contracts" like Bosa and the other edge rushers and is asking for WAY too much money compared to the really bad MLB contracts that are mostly fake that have been signed. Warner and Leonard's deals were for "AAV of close to $20M and for 5 years".....but those contract are fake. Closer to 3 years and $17M is what they were in reality.

If I'm the Bears, I wouldnt reset the MLB contract market for Smith either. We know the comparable contracts. Either sign a comparable or we can play the tag and trade game.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Roquan, but I wouldn’t be opposed to trading him for a first and some change. The bears got to rebuild and i wouldn’t mind seeing Roquan thrive in a better defense.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not like the bears are trying to win this year

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor comparison.

The impact a CB like Ramsey has on the game isnt even comparable to Smith. This isnt you daddy's NFL anymore. MLB simply isnt the impact position that it used to be. You can't fake good MLB play.....but it isnt that hard to find either.

It's not hard to see the disconnect here in the least. Smith and his agent are looking at "LB contracts" like Bosa and the other edge rushers and is asking for WAY too much money compared to the really bad MLB contracts that are mostly fake that have been signed. Warner and Leonard's deals were for "AAV of close to $20M and for 5 years".....but those contract are fake. Closer to 3 years and $17M is what they were in reality.

If I'm the Bears, I wouldnt reset the MLB contract market for Smith either. We know the comparable contracts. Either sign a comparable or we can play the tag and trade game.
I would say the interesting part about this comment is that WRs are now starting to make their value by lining up against linebackers. Kupp being the most obvious example and Jefferson is expected to do similar things next year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not like the bears are trying to win this year
I have noticed that when teams get really bad, its more of a two year fall into the abyss. Jags had top pick two years in a row. Browns had it two years in a row. Titans had it two years in a row. If thats the Bears, they should probably trade Fields, too.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have noticed that when teams get really bad, its more of a two year fall into the abyss. Jags had top pick two years in a row. Browns had it two years in a row. Titans had it two years in a row. If thats the Bears, they should probably trade Fields, too.
This year is about the GM evaluating young talent. I bet the bears make a huge splash in FA next year. It’s probably going to be a painful year to watch for bears fans, but it’s necessary.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year is about the GM evaluating young talent. I bet the bears make a huge splash in FA next year. It’s probably going to be a painful year to watch for bears fans, but it’s necessary.
Yeah, Im not really sure what to say about the Bears if they're rebuilding because the put a lot of chips into Fields and haven't put talent around him. There is a possibility that Fields has the worst oline and receiving corp in the league. I'm not sure I've seen this type of strategy before. You look at the Lions judging their talent and bringing in Goff who is just an ok veteran and it makes sense. Washington seems like they are in a similar spot. The QB is the 'known' and everyone else is being tested. On the Bears, there isnt a known commodity.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Im not really sure what to say about the Bears if they're rebuilding because the put a lot of chips into Fields and haven't put talent around him. There is a possibility that Fields has the worst oline and receiving corp in the league. I'm not sure I've seen this type of strategy before. You look at the Lions judging their talent and bringing in Goff who is just an ok veteran and it makes sense. Washington seems like they are in a similar spot. The QB is the 'known' and everyone else is being tested. On the Bears, there isnt a known commodity.
I get it. The bears could easily ruin any chance of fields succeeding in this league.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm wrong but I feel like the Bears fly under the radar as a bad organization. The Jets, Browns, Jags etc get justifiably crushed but somehow the Bears dodge the punches.