• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Custom settings trade analyzer?

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know of any trade analyzer tools that allow for entering custom settings? I am trying to prove a point in my $ league where 2 teams were approved for a lopsided trade that some in the league did not have a chance to veto so now, after the fact, there is a heated discussions going on in our league FB IM group and the teams involved say it's not as lopsided as we are making out because of our inflated QB scoring model. I would like to run it through a trade analyzer but it wouldn't accurate unless it allows for custom scoring. The trade in question to follow.

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should point out that the team that received Gibbs and rice is currently in second place, two games behind me and although I don't play him again in the regular season I do believe this trade could unfairly alter the playoffs. I know some of you are going to ask me why I'm playing in such a league but it's a league that's been going on for close to 10 years that originally started with a group of friends who were big ffb fans and who all participated in the beginning but as happens in life, Friends lose interest in things and often drift away from each other and now the league has five teams that pay attention and participate as should be expected and the others are very casual about it so the leagues and its final death throws unless the commish decides to take it online entirely and accept people from outside of the friends circle. It is what it is, I just wanted to see it on the screen with a trade analyzer that could give an accurate review of it.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 QB league, and a point per completion?? No spank you very much.

Given the 2 QB aspect, AND the 1 pt per completion...yeah can't argue against the trade. Friggin Tommy Devito is probably worth Gibbs

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a outlandish trade if QBs have inflated value due to the scoring system.

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm just over valuing Gibbs and under valuing Murray. Okie dokie.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm just over valuing Gibbs and under valuing Murray. Okie dokie.
The two QB part, I was gonna ask, then I saw the lineups.

Then I saw the scoring projections. Woowzers.

I might have like five backup QBs in that setup. Idk.

Gibbs did very well with his opportunity as pretty much lone back. Healthy Monty changes things.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with the others, with your scoring settings and 2 QB starting roster, good QBs are worth 2 good position players easily in trade. Especially one with historical top 5 QB production

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should point out that the team that received Gibbs and rice is currently in second place, two games behind me and although I don't play him again in the regular season I do believe this trade could unfairly alter the playoffs. I know some of you are going to ask me why I'm playing in such a league but it's a league that's been going on for close to 10 years that originally started with a group of friends who were big ffb fans and who all participated in the beginning but as happens in life, Friends lose interest in things and often drift away from each other and now the league has five teams that pay attention and participate as should be expected and the others are very casual about it so the leagues and its final death throws unless the commish decides to take it online entirely and accept people from outside of the friends circle. It is what it is, I just wanted to see it on the screen with a trade analyzer that could give an accurate review of it.

Does seem like a panic trade to me... as the guy has lawrence...

But doesnt seem like a vetoable trade... just a bad one...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thought about a bit more this morning..it's not just that QB scoring, it's the format.
10 teams, 2 QB's, that's 20 starting QB's every week, you know everyone has at least one back up, that's 30 QB's rostered, minimum. Only 32 play any given week, less during bye week time.

I can only imagine the mad dash to the wavier wire every time a QB gets injured.

its a position scarcity thing compounded with a semi-crazy scoring system

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thought about a bit more this morning..it's not just that QB scoring, it's the format.
10 teams, 2 QB's, that's 20 starting QB's every week, you know everyone has at least one back up, that's 30 QB's rostered, minimum. Only 32 play any given week, less during bye week time.

I can only imagine the mad dash to the wavier wire every time a QB gets injured.

its a position scarcity thing compounded with a semi-crazy scoring system

The part that surprised me or seemed a little odd is that the team that traded the qb was the one who needed the qb more...

while the other could of used both Gibbs and rice more...

he even dropped aj Dillon... a player the other team would be starting right now...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The part that surprised me or seemed a little odd is that the team that traded the qb was the one who needed the qb more...

while the other could of used both Gibbs and rice more...

he even dropped aj Dillon... a player the other team would be starting right now...
Yeah it's funky, admittedly.

But then you get into personal preferences, maybe he has no faith in Murray and figured he'd get while the getting is good. Maybe the other dude doesn't feel Gibbs is stable enough now that Monty is back, maybe either or both didn't like the ROS schedules... maybe it's just bad judgement

Who knows.

But value vs value.. tough to say it's a bad deal deal

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it's funky, admittedly.

But then you get into personal preferences, maybe he has no faith in Murray and figured he'd get while the getting is good. Maybe the other dude doesn't feel Gibbs is stable enough now that Monty is back, maybe either or both didn't like the ROS schedules... maybe it's just bad judgement

Who knows.

But value vs value.. tough to say it's a bad deal deal

meh... i think it is a bad trade.... now bad, doesnt mean veto worthy... and i dont think it is close to that.... but i can see why people are upset with it...

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I use dynasty trade calculator because they let you customize the settings. Here is what it came up with on this trade. Can't get much more even. Now this is dynasty and it doesn't state whether this is a dynasty league or a redraft, but I'm not sure it matters that much since they are all young.

1700162143786.png

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I use dynasty trade calculator because they let you customize the settings. Here is what it came up with on this trade. Can't get much more even. Now this is dynasty and it doesn't state whether this is a dynasty league or a redraft, but I'm not sure it matters that much since they are all young.

View attachment 346344

its a 2QB league, not SF, so that might give Murray a slight edge instead of the package