• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roquan Smith Requesting Trade

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough my brother
Bears have always known how to draft LBs. But often go to waste nowadays.
When the Ravens re vamp their LBs it is like they recharge their entire defense.
That is why it was no surprise to me, the ravens came calling for your good LB.

What sucks to be a bears fan right now is when you see your team getting rid of your good players.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears have always known how to draft LBs. But often go to waste nowadays.
When the Ravens re vamp their LBs it is like they recharge their entire defense.
That is why it was no surprise to me, the ravens came calling for your good LB.

What sucks to be a bears fan right now is when you see your team getting rid of your good players.
Can't argue with truth.

Well said.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can have win-win trades. So why not lose-lose?

I don’t know if Smith is a guy that I would sign to a top defensive contract. Let alone trading draft picks for the right to do it. And that is what the Ravens just did. They will hand him a $20M AAV contract in the off-season after this. I don’t think he has that type of impact. And certainly not the impact once you factor in the lost picks.

And from the Bears perspective, they completely messed this up. Could have gotten more for him than this and saved $10M if they would have traded him in the off-season. And it’s not like they didn’t know what Roquan’s agent was going to be asking for. The market at MLB is pretty carved in stone. And that $10M is a much bigger deal for a team as cheap as the Bears than it would be for your average NFL team. And the message this trade sends to a young team at this point in the season is not good.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And from the Bears perspective, they completely messed this up. Could have gotten more for him than this and saved $10M if they would have traded him in the off-season. And it’s not like they didn’t know what Roquan’s agent was going to be asking for. The market at MLB is pretty carved in stone. And that $10M is a much bigger deal for a team as cheap as the Bears than it would be for your average NFL team. And the message this trade sends to a young team at this point in the season is not good.
Roquan doesn't have an agent, he tried negotiating his contract directly. While everyone knew he wanted an extension and obviously for a lot of coin, he gave no clue as to how much until he provided the numbers at the initial meeting. Plus, as the talks went on he never budged from his 5 year/$100m demand. We'll have to wait and see if the Ravens feel he's worth that much.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, as the talks went on he never budged from his 5 year/$100m demand. We'll have to wait and see if the Ravens feel he's worth that much.
Not all that many play with the passion this guy does. A little give at 85 to 88 structured with front end cash woulda most likely got it done.

Right kinda leader through work and effort isn't always replaceable.

Chicago is fucked. I still feel sorry for for the great football fans

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile, Roquan Smith is quietly have a great season so far with Baltimore this season... Looks like the trade is panning out just fine...

4th in tackles: 54
1.5 sacks
4 PDs

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile, Roquan Smith is quietly have a great season so far with Baltimore this season... Looks like the trade is panning out just fine...

4th in tackles: 54
1.5 sacks
4 PDs
Yeah, for the Ravens