• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roquan Smith Requesting Trade

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears have like $18m in cap space right now and projected to be around $90m next year (highest in the league)... They should have more than enough to pay that man.
There is a reason they won't pay him. They're cheap.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wondered why Myles Jack was trending on twitter and got worried.
Well it had nothing to do with him and more the rumor bots going nuts over Smith coming to Pittsburgh. :L

Here is an example:

First off he isn't coming to Pittsburgh and second they couldn't afford him after this season. This team is not built to win this season (no guarantee at QB) so him as a rental is just stupid.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they still want the taxpayers to help them pay for a new stadium?

Of all 4 major sports, NFL owners especially have no reason to be cheap.
It's the fucking Bears. McCaskeys' are as cheap as they come.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm wrong but I feel like the Bears fly under the radar as a bad organization. The Jets, Browns, Jags etc get justifiably crushed but somehow the Bears dodge the punches.

Meh...We've had our division dominated by a HOF QB for almost 3 decades now. Sometimes sh*t happens.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year is about the GM evaluating young talent. I bet the bears make a huge splash in FA next year. It’s probably going to be a painful year to watch for bears fans, but it’s necessary.

It would be really interesting to see what the max offer the Bears would get for Smith right now should they make him available to the entire league.
If they did it at the beginning of the offseason.....I could see maybe getting a 2nd round plus a little. At this time of the year? Not going to get that much.

I just cant imagine any NFL team giving up a 1st rounder for the right to pay a MLB a record setting deal. Not in this day and age....and not one quite like Smith. Smith is really good....but there isnt anyone when asked to name the top 2 or 3 MLB's in the league right now that is going to bring his name up. Warner, Lenard and others have those top spots tied down. But then again......it only takes one.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Roquan, but I wouldn’t be opposed to trading him for a first and some change. The bears got to rebuild and i wouldn’t mind seeing Roquan thrive in a better defense.

I'm not seeing the value in trading a proven 25 year old when you have plenty of cap space and very few other proven players. Somebody has to be good. Dude has 4 good prime years for us before his 30s.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not seeing the value in trading a proven 25 year old when you have plenty of cap space and very few other proven players. Somebody has to be good. Dude has 4 good prime years for us before his 30s.
Yeah, let’s hang onto him through our crappy years and then when we’re good he will be on the decline. I say trade him before he declines. He might have a few spectacular years left, but it’s not helping us get anywhere. If we can get a first for him, we shouldn’t hesitate.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, let’s hang onto him through our crappy years and then when we’re good he will be on the decline. I say trade him before he declines. He might have a few spectacular years left, but it’s not helping us get anywhere. If we can get a first for him, we shouldn’t hesitate.

I mean, if we expect to be complete garbage 3 years from now I guess...But if it's a season or two of suckitude and then rising, Roquan will be 27 during that.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, if we expect to be complete garbage 3 years from now I guess...But if it's a season or two of suckitude and then rising, Roquan will be 27 during that.
I think we have three years of rebuilding the right way before we actually contend. They could just go the old bears route and sign players to patch holes, but I think Poles is trying to build it the right way. That means trading Roquan now. Especially if he’s not a fit for the scheme.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions have a long history of bad line backers. Smith would be the best they have had in over 20 years. If he is better than Spielman, than best they had since 1965.......

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions have been giving them cover, imo. But if the Bears fall below the Lions then I'd imagine Chicago media will really let the Bears know how bad things really are.

You would think law of averages would catch up with Lions at some point... they have never won the NFC North and need to go back to 1993 for their last divisional title (Central). TB has won the division (Central) more recently than Detroit back in 1999.

I really do hope the Lions can win the Super Bowl some day, their fans deserve it with how much suffering they have endured.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think law of averages would catch up with Lions at some point... they have never won the NFC North and need to go back to 1993 for their last divisional title (Central). TB has won the division (Central) more recently than Detroit back in 1999.

I really do hope the Lions can win the Super Bowl some day, their fans deserve it with how much suffering they have endured.
I look forward to the day I am called a bandwagon fan.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading him would be a bit like the Jaguars trading away Jalen Ramsey. Whoever gets Smith would benefit way more than whatever the Bears get out of getting rid of him. Gotta pay him, imo.

I wouldn't agree with this. There is a reason CB is considered one of the premium positions in the league no matter the scheme. Some teams still prioritize the Off-Ball LB, but with most schemes going the way of the Fangio scheme they are figuring out that they can get away with even below average LB's in the middle. Heck look at the starting LB's for LA last year and that defense was just fine.

Throw in teams are seeing that rarely does a LB live up to the contract. They are becoming like the RB of use them while on the rookie contract and then let them walk if they want big money. Health and just actual value they bring to the field just do not add up to paying big time for the position. There are exceptions every once in a while like I would pay Fred Warner if he were available and Smith is borderline that kind of conversation, but at this point I would stick with what I have offered if I am the Bears otherwise get what you can for him.