• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RK to Eagles

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not what I expected and quite crappy by the WFT to let him go to a division opponent. This is not how our sacks leader, stand up guy, great teammate and true fixture who lead by example for a decade should have ended up. Seems to me there is no loyalty to players at all who were not part of their regime. Cannot say they should remain loyal to any previous players however, RK is an exception imo. This hurts!

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have no control over him going to the Eagles. He is a FA and will go wherever he wants, for the right money.

He wants to play. He isn’t as good as Sweat or Young. How much playing time will he get here?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a problem with the WTF going younger with Sweat and Young. The comment "he isn't as good as Sweat or Young" might be true but they have not been better yet. 5.5 sacks on 38% of the plays ... do the math ... it could have been over 10 sacks with more playing time.

The hand writing was on the wall with the two 7th round picks. They are young cheaper players. Better, not likely.

I wish Kerrigan well, he did whatever they wanted him to here and he played on some pretty shitty teams.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a problem with the WTF going younger with Sweat and Young. The comment "he isn't as good as Sweat or Young" might be true but they have not been better yet. 5.5 sacks on 38% of the plays ... do the math ... it could have been over 10 sacks with more playing time.

The hand writing was on the wall with the two 7th round picks. They are young cheaper players. Better, not likely.

I wish Kerrigan well, he did whatever they wanted him to here and he played on some pretty shitty teams.

Well, we can’t pay backups 10 million.

Within theory it could be better; however, he played on passing downs. Take that into consideration and now add in fatigue With his age.

This isn’t on Washington. We couldn’t keep RK here, unless he wanted close to league minimum and was willing to play less.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
instead of griping about him going to the eagles think back to the comments being made that he was past his prime and not worth the money . think back to numerous trade proposals. being offered here

i dont know his contract terms yet but none of you here would want to pay him

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone have the numbers on Kerrigan's Eagles contract?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have no control over him going to the Eagles. He is a FA and will go wherever he wants, for the right money.

He wants to play. He isn’t as good as Sweat or Young. How much playing time will he get here?
Understood completely but it would lend to the WFT making no considerable offer. RK would be a great rotational fit just as he will be in Philly. He won't start there either.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
instead of griping about him going to the eagles think back to the comments being made that he was past his prime and not worth the money . think back to numerous trade proposals. being offered here

Not sure what your saying... he is past his prime, will never be paid millions to be a backup etc. We just want him here on a reasonable vet offer as a backup. Cannot wait to see what the Eagles landed him for.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And please stop with the "none of you here would want to pay him", crap. At this stage RK is worth only backup money and means more to have him retire here than land with our division opponent for backup money likely. I think that is just asinine. Just my :2cents:.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And please stop with the "none of you here would want to pay him", crap. At this stage RK is worth only backup money and means more to have him retire here than land with our division opponent for backup money likely. I think that is just asinine. Just my :2cents:.

He is right. None of us would want to pay him.

I agree about backup money but maybe we didn’t want to disrespect him.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is right. None of us would want to pay him.

I agree about backup money but maybe we didn’t want to disrespect him.
Ryan Kerrigan is an Eagle. Let that sink in for a minute. Who would have ever thought. Dude paid his dues, got paid yes but you couldn't work something out to have him back and to retire having only worn a REDSKIN jersey? It's completely disrespectful and not the way great careers should end in DC. Besides Trent, which ended sadly enough, Kerrigan was the only other true great we have had here in 10 years that were drafted by the team, true REDSKINS and truly respected for their play by the fans. I'm not advocating for anything, I am merely stating how sad this day is in that true greats of one organization are treated with little respect. The front office should have done something to ensure he retired wearing only 1 uniform even if it cost them a few bucks. You really think we sweep Philly now that they have all intel? Magic 8 ball says, "not likely".

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe RK wants to continue his career and make as much money as possible ? and what should the team do when they dont want to pay him starter money ? he isnt beating out chase or sweat

with the eagles he has a chance to start

i cant see being upset with anyone because a guy wants to keep playing the sport he loves and the team doesnt have a place for him at market value

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Kerrigan is an Eagle. Let that sink in for a minute. Who would have ever thought. Dude paid his dues, got paid yes but you couldn't work something out to have him back and to retire having only worn a REDSKIN jersey? It's completely disrespectful and not the way great careers should end in DC. Besides Trent, which ended sadly enough, Kerrigan was the only other true great we have had here in 10 years that were drafted by the team, true REDSKINS and truly respected for their play by the fans. I'm not advocating for anything, I am merely stating how sad this day is in that true greats of one organization are treated with little respect. The front office should have done something to ensure he retired wearing only 1 uniform even if it cost them a few bucks. You really think we sweep Philly now that they have all intel? Magic 8 ball says, "not likely".
when he retires he can sign a contract and retire as a wft er . happens all the time

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not blaming or mad at either side. Youth won out and most times it will. Monk went to the Jets, Gary Clark to the Cardinals. I understand RR and I understand RK. I hope he does well. Hell I wouldn't mind if he had 4 sacks against the WTF as long as the WTF wins.

Now whether anyone can adequately replace Kerrigan behind Sweat and Young we will just have to wait and see. I am a big believer in JDR so I think he will find someone or something.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe RK wants to continue his career and make as much money as possible ? and what should the team do when they dont want to pay him starter money ? he isnt beating out chase or sweat

with the eagles he has a chance to start

i cant see being upset with anyone because a guy wants to keep playing the sport he loves and the team doesnt have a place for him at market value
RK has zero chance to start in Philly. He will be a rotational guy just like he was here. Having said that, let's see what the contract details are first.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when he retires he can sign a contract and retire as a wft er . happens all the time
Agreed dad, but I'm very old school and we "take care of our own". The guy has enough juice in the tank to play a role on this team just as he will for Philly. (On the field, in the locker room & with leadership) Sad to see him go and sad it did not end differently. While he has been compared to Von Miller and Khalil Mack in regards to sack numbers, production and longevity, he rarely was talked about in those circles, why was that? Also, Denver will never let their GREAT wear another uniform. Mack's situation was completely different.

It will be really weird watching him play against us 2x this season. Who has more sacks in those 2 games, RK or Sweat? We shall see I guess. I for one can see RK abusing Moses.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad day for us Skins fans, but im happy for RK. I hope he gets the reps he's looking for. I wanted him to comeback, but nine snaps was what he was getting last year.

I get it from his perspective. He will sign a one day contract with us and immediately go into the Ring of Fame.

One thing I did take away from this is that Ron has full reign. In years past Bruce and Dan would have given Ryan a hefty extension and pined for him to be on the field.

Change isn't always comfortable, but sometimes necessary.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad day for us Skins fans, but im happy for RK. I hope he gets the reps he's looking for. I wanted him to comeback, but nine snaps was what he was getting last year.

I get it from his perspective. He will sign a one day contract with us and immediately go into the Ring of Fame.

One thing I did take away from this is that Ron has full reign. In years past Bruce and Dan would have given Ryan a hefty extension and pined for him to be on the field.

Change isn't always comfortable, but sometimes necessary.
I guess, this situation stinks tho.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RK has zero chance to start in Philly. He will be a rotational guy just like he was here. Having said that, let's see what the contract details are first.
He has every chance to beat out graham and his 33 yr old body and 291/2 career sacks or Barnett and his avg 6 sacks a yr for 2 yrs

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kerrigan signed with the Eagles.
I too miss the old days when guys finished their careers here but that rarely happens anymore.

Once the contract comes out then you can say it sucks or I understand.

Kerrigan played a power game instead of a speed game or flashy game. Real football players know how tough he was. You didn't have to have a quick kick to defend RK but you better bring your manhood.