• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ricky Williams: I’d be a Hall of Famer if weed was legal

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So fucking what?

What about all the booze they consume? Purely recreational. And makes a bigger mess out of you than the herb over time.

But that's all good right?

Hypocrisy knows know bounds.... (I think Val Kilmer said that in Tombstone...)
One is a problem with the CBA and one is not. Why is this even a discussion? Do you not get that?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JUST FUCKING LEGALIZE IT.

Simple as that.

If he was a lush who kept it together he'd be fine.

But heaven forbid he's a pothead who kept it together.... Because his only issue was the herb. Not his performance.

I agree with you and its stupid than fuck that weed is in the situation its in. Both from being illegal in the vast majority of the US and being outlawed for NFL players.

One of the things that's stupider than 2 fucks though are NFL players who can't follow the proper recommended schedule of when and when not to get high. Hell, you don't even have to quit while you're playing. You just have to quit during certain times of the year. So its hard for me to garner any sympathy for a cat who can't exercise a modicum of self-control.

And when you start doing double secret probation stupid shit like saying fuck it and don't even show for your scheduled test. After you've already been popped a couple times. Somebody needs to take your ass out to the woodshed for some behavior modification and attitude adjustment seminars.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One is a problem with the CBA and one is not. Why is this even a discussion? Do you not get that?

What's not to get? But stupid rules are stupid rules.

I couldn't give to shits is people fire out the dumb players can't follow the rules bullshit.

It flat out simply should not be a rule.

Not performance enhancing, certainly not as damaging as opiods or the booze.

This is a perfect case for mass civil disobedience. What are they going to do? suspend everybody?

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you and its stupid than fuck that weed is in the situation its in. Both from being illegal in the vast majority of the US and being outlawed for NFL players.

One of the things that's stupider than 2 fucks though are NFL players who can't follow the proper recommended schedule of when and when not to get high. Hell, you don't even have to quit while you're playing. You just have to quit during certain times of the year. So its hard for me to garner any sympathy for a cat who can't exercise a modicum of self-control.

And when you start doing double secret probation stupid shit like saying fuck it and don't even show for your scheduled test. After you've already been popped a couple times. Somebody needs to take your ass out to the woodshed for some behavior modification and attitude adjustment seminars.

Quit certain times of the year, like the off season? Cause they nail you at training camp?

Dumb fucking rule that could easily be circumvented if all the lovers simply just said fuck you and did it.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? Wuh?

I saw Ricky on Bill Simmons the other day, don't need to read it. Guy is together. Ducks in a row.

Glad to hear that... Saw his 30/30 and while sure there may have been editing and such, wow, narcissist and really had some personality issues there. Glad to hear things are better for him.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think 99% of NFLers don't smoke weed?!

And I'm not in favor of changing rules for the smokers. I just think the players should have an alternative to prescription opioids for their pain. They entertain me. And it makes me sad to see them destroy their lives and bodies with that stuff. If they happen to enjoy the safer alternative, I really don't see the problem with that.
Let's not forget doctors have a morale and etical responsibility to not do more harm. They are supposed to manage a patients care. Sure it could be vicodin this month, perks the next... I'm not blaming physicians as this is a grey area. I happen to be sitiing with a trauma doctor right now. They could precsribe people of the same body composition one gets addicted the other doesn't. Bottom line it comes down to the individual. It's his body and he's part of his medical own medical management team. He should be aware that he could become addicted and manage it accordingly.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget doctors have a morale and etical responsibility to not do more harm. They are supposed to manage a patients care. Sure it could be vicodin this month, perks the next... I'm not blaming physicians as this is a grey area. I happen to be sitiing with a trauma doctor right now. They could precsribe people of the same body composition one gets addicted the other doesn't. Bottom line it comes down to the individual. It's his body and he's part of his medical own medical management team. He should be aware that he could become addicted and manage it accordingly.

I totally agree. But the fact is that these are young guys and most of them deal with a lot of pain. And that pain could cost them a job. I don't blame the doctors for the guys getting hooked, unless they're overprescribing, which isn't unheard of. And I would think that many of the doctors would welcome safer alternatives if they were available.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree. But the fact is that these are young guys and most of them deal with a lot of pain. And that pain could cost them a job. I don't blame the doctors for the guys getting hooked, unless they're overprescribing, which isn't unheard of. And I would think that many of the doctors would welcome safer alternatives if they were available.
Maybe, but other docs I'm sure enjoy that NFL paycheck and the perks that go with it.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but other docs I'm sure enjoy that NFL paycheck and the perks that go with it.

I'm not suggesting they quit or do something that would get them fired. Just that if safer alternatives were available they would probably prescribe them.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quit certain times of the year, like the off season? Cause they nail you at training camp?

Dumb fucking rule that could easily be circumvented if all the lovers simply just said fuck you and did it.

I've smoked weed with 2 different sets of NFL players/former NFL players. I don't wanna put anyone on front street far as their non-NFL business, but one of the dudes. Grew up in the same town I live in and his mom and I are peoples (we're real cool with each other) I've smoked with ol' girl's son several times. I dunno about now, but back then, late 90s/early 2000s. There were set dates well in advance for random players to be picked for a drug test from specific teams. In other words, players didn't know if they specifically were going to be tested, but they knew what day their team was scheduled to have random players picked to be tested. And that day wasn't the day of the actual test. It was just the day players got picked via postal mail and the date of the test was always 7-10 days away from there. So...................It could've changed now though, but the former player I know said you basically had to be a fuckin idiot or just not give a fuck to get caught. And he said a gang of players, offense, defense, and from all positions smoked.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have nothing against weed, but I do have something against stupid. Ricky Williams or any other player who gets busted for toking tree is simply stupid. Play 10 years, go to the HOF, retire a millionaire and smoke till you choke. Why is that so hard? The trade-off seems pretty handsome if you ask me.

Now, all you bong thumping week advocates who blame the NFL for Ricky Williams woes or any other idiots like him, you have the floor. And please... Remember the first 5 words of my post.

Ricky Williams: I’d be a Hall of Famer if weed was legal

He got on the bus with Willie. It really wan't his fault he was popped.

FTR, I agree with your analysis. Football then weed.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've smoked weed with 2 different sets of NFL players/former NFL players. I don't wanna put anyone on front street far as their non-NFL business, but one of the dudes. Grew up in the same town I live in and his mom and I are peoples (we're real cool with each other) I've smoked with ol' girl's son several times. I dunno about now, but back then, late 90s/early 2000s. There were set dates well in advance for random players to be picked for a drug test from specific teams. In other words, players didn't know if they specifically were going to be tested, but they knew what day their team was scheduled to have random players picked to be tested. And that day wasn't the day of the actual test. It was just the day players got picked via postal mail and the date of the test was always 7-10 days away from there. So...................It could've changed now though, but the former player I know said you basically had to be a fuckin idiot or just not give a fuck to get caught. And he said a gang of players, offense, defense, and from all positions smoked.

7-10 days isn't enough lead time to clear your system though.

I had to get tested for life insurance once. I passed but I was surprised as I had not really given myself enough time and knew it.

My lucky day I guess.