• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ricky Williams: I’d be a Hall of Famer if weed was legal

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ricky Williams would have never been a HOfer even if his drug habit was legal.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see what that has to do with anything. NFL players aren't allowed to receive those prescriptions.
And neither can I nor anyone who I work with, even if our current jobs were in Washington or Colorado.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fact there are plenty of jobs in both states who can and will fire an employee who pops hot forcweed. It's not just the mean old NFL with these rules.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And neither can I nor anyone who I work with, even if our current jobs were in Washington or Colorado.

And if your job included constant injury to your head and body that would be very sad.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So not the NFL, or am I misunderstanding what you just said?

Honestly, I think the only jobs that should test for it are ones that don't allow their employees to be on anti-depressants, anti-anxiety pills and pain drugs. Which is not many jobs.

Last edited:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said it was safe to use. You got me confused with some body else . Pot is a drug,not to be compared to a medicine that any of us can use during working hours.

I used to have a guy that worked for me who was prescribed adderall. I told him not to take it at work because it was like working with a cokehead. There is an army within the American work force that shows up ever day on dangerous drugs. Most employers have their hands tied legally on this subject. He and I were friends, thats the only reason we could have that conversation.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I think the only jobs that should test for it are ones that don't allow their employees to be on anti-depressants, anti-anxiety pills and pain drugs. Which is not many jobs.
I don't know of one job that says you cannot be prescribe those, however they will pull you from your current duties if you are. You are not as hard up for MJ use as others are and my question to them is if it's so safe why not have cops and taxi drivers toking up on their cars?
I will never vote to legalize pot, but can except it medically if the Dr. Reefers didn't exist.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7-10 days isn't enough lead time to clear your system though.

I had to get tested for life insurance once. I passed but I was surprised as I had not really given myself enough time and knew it.

My lucky day I guess.

They had way more than 10 days, homey. They knew what day the letter selecting the random players testing was coming. So you stop smoking say, 3 weeks before the letter comes. If your name isn't in the letter. You can start smoking immediately. If your name is in the letter. You stay non-smoking for another 7 - 10 days making 28 -31 days you've been smoke-free. As well as all the shit you've taken the last 4 weeks cleansing your body. Easy 99,9999999999999999% that you pass. Dude who told me about it never failed a test.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had way more than 10 days, homey. They knew what day the letter selecting the random players testing was coming. So you stop smoking say, 3 weeks before the letter comes. If your name isn't in the letter. You can start smoking immediately. If your name is in the letter. You stay non-smoking for another 7 - 10 days making 28 -31 days you've been smoke-free. As well as all the shit you've taken the last 4 weeks cleansing your body. Easy 99,9999999999999999% that you pass. Dude who told me about it never failed a test.
See that's an addiction if if you ask me.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. I don't smoke weed hardly ever. Don't really care if it's legal. But it should be. Compared to the social and health evils of a LOT of other drugs, (including booze), it's pretty tame.

As an ex-bouncer, I can say with certainty that I've never had a stoner try to hit me with a chair. Can't say the same for piss-tanks.

Does it cure cancer, and make you a well adjusted person and keep your house tidy? Fvck no.

But it's not evil either, OR a 'gateway drug,' unless you're inclined to substance abuse anyway.
Can't disagree. I don't smoke weed, not against it, just tired of the over the top supporters who try and push their agenda. Heck I wish they would legalize and then tax the hell out of it along with all paraphernalia that's associated with it. Maybe we could knock down the deficit then?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't disagree. I don't smoke weed, not against it, just tired of the over the top supporters who try and push their agenda. Heck I wish they would legalize and then tax the hell out of it along with all paraphernalia that's associated with it. Maybe we could knock down the deficit then?

Both 'sides' are just as goofy. Manster is a good example of the true believers on the other side. Doesn't matter what the well thought out arguments are, he can't get his head around change being good.

But sure. The economic upside would be another reason to check the 'legalize' box.

And to be clear, there are ALWAYS going to be examples of people who abuse ANY drug. So sure, we all know undermotivated pot-heads who live for their next bong hit.

We ALSO all know a family member who drinks too much. My own is a high functioning alcoholic family member who in his mid 40's has fatty liver disease, and is starting to black out and do not so nice things to the people around him. Who will potentially lose his kids, and WILL lose his life to drinking if we don't manage to successfully intervene.

I kinda' wish his lack of motivation and a Doritos habit was all I had to worry about. Not which friend of his I should contact about an intervention, or which might tell him and torpedo said intervention.

Good times.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't give a shit if it's legal or not for recreational use.

I just believe in utilizing safe medical options. I would think everyone would...

Treating addicts as addicts and not criminals has more proponents all the time. But it takes people a long time to get their heads around it. Vancouver's needle exchange program just WORKS, but various levels of government have fought it tooth and nail.

But you know how you know you're moving the needle? When people you'd NEVER expect start changing their minds. When police chiefs start saying, 'yeah, this actually works.' When people start realizing that not only does it get more people OFF drugs, it's also pays for itself.

Safe injection site and needle exchange

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what jobs should not be allowed to smoke pot?

None.

But timing is everything and you and I have been down this road before.

I don't care if everybody does.

Just so long as when they are doing something "important" they aren't. This would include a doctor about to operate, a pilot about to fly, a long haul truck driver on the road, etc.

But the same applies to booze.

What they do in their off hours has little or no impact if they don't do it while working.