• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ricky Williams: I’d be a Hall of Famer if weed was legal

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had way more than 10 days, homey. They knew what day the letter selecting the random players testing was coming. So you stop smoking say, 3 weeks before the letter comes. If your name isn't in the letter. You can start smoking immediately. If your name is in the letter. You stay non-smoking for another 7 - 10 days making 28 -31 days you've been smoke-free. As well as all the shit you've taken the last 4 weeks cleansing your body. Easy 99,9999999999999999% that you pass. Dude who told me about it never failed a test.

A shitty way to spend your off season....

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None.

But timing is everything and you and I have been down this road before.

I don't care if everybody does.

Just so long as when they are doing something "important" they aren't. This would include a doctor about to operate, a pilot about to fly, a long haul truck driver on the road, etc.

But the same applies to booze.

What they do in their off hours has little or no impact if they don't do it while working.
I'm just trying to iron out the ground rules. You have often said pot is safer than other stuff already legal. When I carried a weapon for my job, I was given an no drinking alcohol 8 hours prior, will safe pot have a similar rule?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have often said pot is safer than other stuff already legal.

That's not a lie. Just look @ the # of annual prescription pill deaths per year compared to marijuana.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not a lie. Just look @ the # of annual prescription pill deaths per year compared to marijuana.
I won't argue prescription drugs have its problems, but how many are from purposely over dosing and or giving false info to doctors to get more than needed.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't argue prescription drugs have its problems, but how many are from purposely over dosing and or giving false info to doctors to get more than needed.

Good question, not really sure. I never mess w/ those high powered pain pills. Even after I have knee surgery in late 2010 I refused to take any.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know of one job that says you cannot be prescribe those, however they will pull you from your current duties if you are. You are not as hard up for MJ use as others are and my question to them is if it's so safe why not have cops and taxi drivers toking up on their cars?
I will never vote to legalize pot, but can except it medically if the Dr. Reefers didn't exist.

First of all, the canibinoids that I'm talking about come in pill form so there will be no "toking up". Second, what do those police or taxi drivers do when they're prescribed hydrocodone, tramadol, Zoloft, or Vicodin? Are they just allowed to continue work as normal, or like you said, are their duties altered? Whatever the particular protocol that they're under with those drugs should apply with canibinoid prescriptions.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question, not really sure. I never mess w/ those high powered pain pills. Even after I have knee surgery in late 2010 I refused to take any.
Same here, I stick to OTC Tylenol for my back pain. Can't take too much aspirin or ibuprofen because of past ulcer.
There's a lot of stuff that's bad out there, some is necessary some is not. If I had my way cigarettes would be so damn expensive no one could afford to smoke. I'd tax the hell out of them and alcohol. While I will drink, I often go months without even a beer so I'd be OK if both cigs and alcohol were banned.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id have 4 less arrests if Weed was legal

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, the canibinoids that I'm talking about come in pill form so there will be no "toking up". Second, what do those police or taxi drivers do when they're prescribed hydrocodone, tramadol, Zoloft, or Vicodin? Are they just allowed to continue work as normal, or like you said, are their duties altered? Whatever the particular protocol that they're under with those drugs should apply with canibinoid prescriptions.
Back in my active duty days my tasks were altered because I carried a weapon, and work near nukes. I'm fairly certain police are behind a desk when on certain script drugs.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here, I stick to OTC Tylenol for my back pain. Can't take too much aspirin or ibuprofen because of past ulcer.
There's a lot of stuff that's bad out there, some is necessary some is not. If I had my way cigarettes would be so damn expensive no one could afford to smoke. I'd tax the hell out of them and alcohol. While I will drink, I often go months without even a beer so I'd be OK if both cigs and alcohol were banned.

I was a heavy smoker & drinker for a long time. Finally quit 'em both once I moved to CO. back in '10. Don't miss either of them but I could kick myself for the money spent & all the failed attempts @ quitting smoking. Those damn cigarettes were tough for me to quit.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob Marley - weed HOF GOAT

Hefty toker but Cheech and Chong were the weed whisperers, and Willie has been doing it a lot longer than BM...
So while he ranks top 4 or 5, after the forefathers of the original weed head hippies IMO.....
It would be easy to start a Pot head HOF with these guys, they all already have several busts...:dhd:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back in my active duty days my tasks were altered because I carried a weapon, and work near nukes. I'm fairly certain police are behind a desk when on certain script drugs.

Well there ya go. Canibinoids that treat those same conditions should be an option and fall under the same professional protocol.

Though I don't know if the protocol is quite so cut & dry - this is San Fransisco PD's prescription drug policy:

• You can’t use any controlled substance unless it is prescribed by a physician.
  • If you are taking a medication you need to ask your doctor if it would cause impairment. If so, you need to tell your supervisor.
  • If you are using any medication (over the counter or prescribed) and you feel you are impaired you need to tell a supervisor.
It appears that the protocol is decided case by case by the supervisors.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just trying to iron out the ground rules. You have often said pot is safer than other stuff already legal. When I carried a weapon for my job, I was given an no drinking alcohol 8 hours prior, will safe pot have a similar rule?

So literally a good night's sleep.

I'd be OK with that for anybody. Doctor, pilot, Indian Chief.....

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it silly, this has been part of your argument all along.

It's silly because I never said it was any safer to use "on the job" than any other thing like booze.

All I've said is it's a better option than pumping guys full of opiods. Less addictive. Less harmful to internal organs. And as far as recreational things go, certainly less damage done than tobacco or booze.

You seem to get hung up on one thing and ignore everything else others say.

So aside from being silly, obtuse comes to mind.....

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hefty toker but Cheech and Chong were the weed whisperers, and Willie has been doing it a lot longer than BM...
So while he ranks top 4 or 5, after the forefathers of the original weed head hippies IMO.....
It would be easy to start a Pot head HOF with these guys, they all already have several busts...:dhd:

The Rastas are in a whole different league than those guys. They live the herb, it's a sacrament.

The rest are almost posers in comparison.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there ya go. Canibinoids that treat those same conditions should be an option and fall under the same professional protocol.

Though I don't know if the protocol is quite so cut & dry - this is San Fransisco PD's prescription drug policy:

• You can’t use any controlled substance unless it is prescribed by a physician.
  • If you are taking a medication you need to ask your doctor if it would cause impairment. If so, you need to tell your supervisor.
  • If you are using any medication (over the counter or prescribed) and you feel you are impaired you need to tell a supervisor.
It appears that the protocol is decided case by case by the supervisors.

There are Vancouver cops using the herb medicinally. One who I think was desk bound had a story on him as he stepped outside for his "break" while on desk duty. Pretty sure that's how it was, it was in the papers at the time.