• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ricky Williams: I’d be a Hall of Famer if weed was legal

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have nothing against weed, but I do have something against stupid. Ricky Williams or any other player who gets busted for toking tree is simply stupid. Play 10 years, go to the HOF, retire a millionaire and smoke till you choke. Why is that so hard? The trade-off seems pretty handsome if you ask me.

Now, all you bong thumping week advocates who blame the NFL for Ricky Williams woes or any other idiots like him, you have the floor. And please... Remember the first 5 words of my post.

Ricky Williams: I’d be a Hall of Famer if weed was legal

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's probably right.

But he's also an idiot. Like you said, lay off the pipe until you're career is over and then smoke up all you want. It wasn't pot that kept him from being a Hall of Famer, it was lack of self control.

Reactions: GNG

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The usual, "it's not my fault" response. The truth is that he'd be a Hall of Famer if he didn't love weed more than football.

Like you said, Scoob, he's just stupid. Before he ever entered the league, he knew that marihuana use was prohibited. He did it anyway.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he dumb, or does he just not care? He never wanted to play pro football, he just was good at it so kept playing.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JUST FUCKING LEGALIZE IT.

Simple as that.

If he was a lush who kept it together he'd be fine.

But heaven forbid he's a pothead who kept it together.... Because his only issue was the herb. Not his performance.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Simple as that.

But heaven forbid he's a pothead who kept it together.... Because his only issue was the herb. Not his performance.
Go ahead and legalize it. But until they do, stay off it so it doesn't derail your career.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to think he just didn't care more than anything else, football was definitely not his top priority. If it wasn't weed, it'd be concussions or something with Ricky.

Last edited:

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Simple as that.

No. One of his issues was the herb. His main issue was ZERO self control. You're toeing that fine line of blaming the NFL and not Williams. I don't care what it is. If I had the talent of an NFL player they could tell me no sex and I would abide. I would have one worn out palm, but abide nonetheless.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's probably right. What's the problem?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. One of his issues was the herb. His main issue was ZERO self control. You're toeing that fine line of blaming the NFL and not Williams. I don't care what it is. If I had the talent of an NFL player they could tell me no sex and I would abide. I would have one worn out palm, but abide nonetheless.

Yep. Guys make all type of sacrifices in order to be pro athletes. They modify their diets in a major way, they workout all the time including times where they would probably prefer to do something else & they also carefully monitor various supplements, etc to stay out of trouble.

The payback is money, fame & on field success. Like others have said you can pretty much do what you want once you retire. BTW - just because something is legalized does not mean that players or any employees can automatically take a substance anytime they like.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be a nuclear physicist if it wasn't for hashish

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The BOZ would be in the HOF if they'd just legalize steroids. Just do it!

It's not that fucking hard. If you want to play major sports, you have to make certain sacrifices. What these players (From weed to HGH) are saying is that they don't have the will-power or the "want to" to make those sacrifices to be great. That is on them. The rest of the players all do that. Why do they think they need to be so damned special because they are too lazy or don't care enough to have some damn self-control.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Was his performance poor because of the herb? That is really all that should matter.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Guys make all type of sacrifices in order to be pro athletes. They modify their diets in a major way, they workout all the time including times where they would probably prefer to do something else & they also carefully monitor various supplements, etc to stay out of trouble.

The payback is money, fame & on field success. Like others have said you can pretty much do what you want once you retire. BTW - just because something is legalized does not mean that players or any employees can automatically take a substance anytime they like.

They also get pumped full of legal, destructive opiods..

Again, my theory is the NFL is in cahoots with big pharmaceutical..... Stranger things have happened...

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I doubt they'd consider marijuana to be a PED, but this is accurate.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be a nuclear physicist if it wasn't for hashish

3cf41f1a38eb9ba99080f932f794b1fe.jpg

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also get pumped full of legal, destructive opiods..

Again, my theory is the NFL is in cahoots with big pharmaceutical..... Stranger things have happened...

True. Regardless - players know the rules & I don't think that it should be tough to lay off certain things for a while until they retire. If they want to bitch & moan about it great - that is their right, but they don't have my sympathy.