• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ricky Williams: I’d be a Hall of Famer if weed was legal

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take your big red Bozo the Clown nose off and accept that opiods are highly addictive and can be lethal.

Just cause they are legal doesn't make them good. And vice versa.

For sure Big Pharma has an active lobby against the herb.
Tell me we should do away with those addictive opiods next time you or a loved one has sustained a major trauma. There is a place for opiods. That's why they are supposed to be controlled. Abusing sugar is bad.
I just didn't agree with you trying to use abuse of opiods for your campaign to legalize weed.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a misunderstanding! He was just trying to deal with the pain, man!
nysz89mp3zbuigo8jouc.jpg

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then I think you're really undersetimating the amount of pain involved involved in their proffession.

And I agree with the part about the cba. You have to follow rules if you want to play. But some rules are worth breaking, including ones that affect your long term health and well being. And as someone who has seen many lives destroyed by pain killer and opiod addiction, I definitely can see breaking a rule to just use something less damaging. Not an excuse, you still have to deal with the consequences if caught. Many people are comparing this to their own jobs and the rules there, and unless you're a crash test dummy, I don't think it's at all comparable and judgement should be given out carefully.
Sorry, but these guys are almost all using pot for recreational purposes.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nysz89mp3zbuigo8jouc.jpg
Exactly. In a few years when he gets caught we will hear the bull shit about how he only uses pot for pain management

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably. But it also helps with the pain. And if it's embraced, less of them will abuse harder drugs, that's all I'm saying.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably. But it also helps with the pain. And if it's embraced, less of them will abuse harder drugs, that's all I'm saying.
Generally agree. I'm just not giving them a pass for using it and believing their reason was something other than wanting to smoke pot. I would be all for the league drastically changing the rules towards pot smoking suspensions (and as a Cowboy fan retroactively!!!) or even removing it from testing altogether and only acting if arrests are made...which isn't likely unless you go all Nate Newton or Sam Hurd...

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because people like weed that doesn't mean it's not an effective tool for pain management.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Generally agree. I'm just not giving them a pass for using it and believing their reason was something other than wanting to smoke pot. I would be all for the league drastically changing the rules towards pot smoking suspensions (and as a Cowboy fan retroactively!!!) or even removing it from testing altogether and only acting if arrests are made...which isn't likely unless you go all Nate Newton or Sam Hurd...

I'm not giving anyone a pass. I'm just not judging either. Drugs of some sort are damn near a necessity for these guys.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And for most, I don't believe pain to be the reason for them to smoke weed. But I do believe that benefits of weed can be the reason to avoid harder drugs for many.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nysz89mp3zbuigo8jouc.jpg
Exactly. In a few years when he gets caught we will hear the bull shit about how he only uses pot for pain management

How about Vicodin? Should he only be allowed to take it for his inevitable pain management if he doesn't like the way it makes him feel? Good luck with that!

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Vicodin? Should he only be allowed to take it for his inevitable pain management if he doesn't like the way it makes him feel? Good luck with that!
He's not smoking pot for pain management, though. That's my point. He's smoking it because he likes it.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me we should do away with those addictive opiods next time you or a loved one has sustained a major trauma. There is a place for opiods. That's why they are supposed to be controlled. Abusing sugar is bad.
I just didn't agree with you trying to use abuse of opiods for your campaign to legalize weed.

I never said do away with them no idea where you got that.

All I'm saying is the NFL hands them out like fucking candy and they are infinitely more destructive than the herb.

Why do you think that guy (McLain?) is hooked on his cough syrup drink?

When he was playing Jim McMahon was hooked. Brett Favre was hooked. It's almost impossible to take opiods regularly and not get hooked, they are that insidious.

So a "greener" alternative should be offered since it exists. Not exclusively, but as an option.

You should see the array of drugs my son takes for his epilepsy. If we could get our hands on the high cannabinoid (as opposed to cannabinol) we'd for sure give that a whirl. Taking 7 pills twice a day cannot be good for your liver and things in general. Especially since if I were to down those same 7 pills I'd be on the floor in less than an hour....

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O to be called a moron by a twit.
I never called you a moron. I said your post was moronic. However, as I continue to ready more of your posts I'm beginning to think you actually are a moron.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So fucking what?

What about all the booze they consume? Purely recreational. And makes a bigger mess out of you than the herb over time.

But that's all good right?

Hypocrisy knows know bounds.... (I think Val Kilmer said that in Tombstone...)

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not smoking pot for pain management, though. That's my point. He's smoking it because he likes it.

Definitely. I got your point, and I agree. But I don't think you're getting my point. Who cares if he likes it? He'll probably like Vicodin even more when the Dolphins doctors prescribe it to him.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If nothing else Tunsil needs to find some type of medication to combat stupidity. Something tells me that he will be involved in several other incidents down the road.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had the talent of an NFL player they could tell me no sex and I would abide. I would have one worn out palm, but abide nonetheless.

You say that as if you haven't worn a hole clear through your right palm. I see you.