• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Richard Sherman Threatens to End Career of Reporter During Seahawks Presser

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, I don't care about the feelings of reporters any more. Most of them are just trolling now a days. I don't respect what their industry has become. So shoot me.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, I don't care about the feelings of reporters any more. Most of them are just trolling now a days. I don't respect what their industry has become. So shoot me.
Oh we get it. You don't like reporters so you're totally fine with people being a dick to them and threatening to ruin their careers. Forgive the rest of us if we think that's a pretty awful opinion to have.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was a good question -- one that most everyday fan probably wanted to ask. Sherm got hyper-defensive with his response, went overboard.

I agree that he went overboard. But I also think that's what Moore was going for.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh we get it. You don't like reporters so you're totally fine with people being a dick to them and threatening to ruin their careers. Forgive the rest of us if we think that's a pretty awful opinion to have.

Maybe it is an awful opinon. But Idgas, they turned their industry in to one where being first is better than being right, and if there's no story they'll create one.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't think it was fair? It was out of line?

I think it was a fine question. But it was trolling question, he wasn't looking for an answer, just an emotional response.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that he went overboard. But I also think that's what Moore was going for.
Maybe he was. But I'm glad for it because Sherman was completely out of line (as I've said on our board) for publicly calling out a coach, and someone needed to take him to task on it to send the message that it's not ok. If Jim Moore was the guy willing to step up to the plate, then good for him. Behavior like that needs to be put in check. Clearly PC is going to be more willing to let that stuff slide, which is one reason how we got to where we are with these antics.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he was. But I'm glad for it because Sherman was completely out of line (as I've said on our board) for publicly calling out a coach, and someone needed to take him to task on it to send the message that it's not ok. If Jim Moore was the guy willing to step up to the plate, then good for him. Behavior like that needs to be put in check. Clearly PC is going to be more willing to let that stuff slide, which is one reason how we got to where we are with these antics.

Yeah, and I agree that he was way outta line with his criticism of Bevell. I just don't think that journalists are the model of accountability nowadays.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must not have went to Stanford.

Prezactly

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was a fine question. But it was trolling question, he wasn't looking for an answer, just an emotional response.
It can't be a fine question and a trolling question.

Let me help you out a bit: the question was fine, Sherman's reaction was not.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a great example of what I'm talking about, thank you.

I know I am. I formed an opinion and Sherman keeps proving it right. Not sure your point.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It can't be a fine question and a trolling question.

Let me help you out a bit: the question was fine, Sherman's reaction was not.

Nah, I see lots of trolling nowadays that could be considered justified. Doesn't mean that the person being trolled should respect it as a serious question.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, I see lots of trolling nowadays that could be considered justified. Doesn't mean that the person being trolled should respect it as a serious question.

Sherman is supposed to be a professional; part of being a professional means not giving empty threats of ruining one's career, no matter how much of a "troll" they seem to be

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And sherman gave him one. Then he went beyond that and threatened the guy.

Dick move.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sure he needed to be taken to task by Pete and the Seahawks organization. Pete had his sit down with Sherman on the matter and that good enough for me. What Moore was trying to do is turn this molehill into a mountain and cause a lot turmoil for the entire Seahawks organization. Sherman problem is like a lot of folks he gets stupid when angry.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish we could back to simpler times, when our leaders were held to higher standards than our athletes. And our media still had credibility.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the 12 is just one big circle-jerk, got it. No one wants to hear negative or less-than-positive news, just tell us everything is great.

Essentially, we had fans calling for a beat writers head when he wrote about how Ken Griffey Junior fell asleep in the clubhouse instead of pinch hitting.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish we could back to simpler times, when our leaders were held to higher standards than our athletes. And our media still had credibility.

Xs4TtKRfCTE9G.gif