• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reports are out: Trubisky will NOT play on Sunday vs NYG

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't give to fucks about that play...it worked, who cares. What WAS stupid af was the clock management going into halftime.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't give to fucks about that play...it worked, who cares. What WAS stupid af was the clock management going into halftime.

We'll of course not.... ..It doesn't fit your clock management bitch.........Which btw,I agree with you on that.....

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if it didn't work....youd all be whining how dumb it was

But it worked... to perfection. The play call was perfectly timed and the design was perfect. So, what are we talking about here? In what universe is a play call that works SO PERFECTLY a bad one? It's an impossibly silly opinion.

It's not even like it was some broken play, that we fluked into the end zone. The play panned out exactly as designed and it created an open receiver for a huge TD.

no matter how crazy and dumb it was.

But how could it possibly be dumb when the everything the play is intended to do worked, caught NYG off-guard and gave us an easy TD? That's the definition of an intelligent play call.

This opinion wouldn't be SO BAD either if your alternative wasn't an even more rare and uncommon gimmick play call. WTF?

And yes,to this day they still run 300 lb guys in from the one

A) I never said it DOESN'T happen. However, it's not a regular part of any offense. It's something you run once a year to catch guys off-guard. Akiem Hicks is not going to begin getting carries in this offense. lol

B) Tackle eligible touchdown passes is not running your DT straight up the middle. I have not seen that once this season. The difference is that every team has multiple 300 pound guys up the middle to counter that. As opposed to when the Fridge did it and no one could push him back.

I am fairly certain that every big man TD outside of Hicks has been on tackle eligible pass plays.

The point is... that this isn't now apart of our offense. It's not something you continually go back to. This is an absurd conversation to even have. It's really just mindboggling to me.

"That HB pass which worked to perfection was horrifically stupid! They should have given to that 340 defensive tackle who had never handled a football on offense prior to today! Because that happens once or twice a decade! Bread and butter baby!"

We'll apparently that play worked so well,that there's no possible way it could never go wrong....
But hey,when the games on the line,we need to keep going to it....right?

And yes,using Hicks as rb was probably a one time thing cause teams now will be gearing up to stop him when he reports in........

And btw,I believe we had the ball on the 3 instead of the 1....
I'd rather seen the ball in Daniels hands or Cohen running it in,other than Cohen throwing it......
3 yrs is a long way to go for a 300 plus dt to run it in.......