• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reports are out: Trubisky will NOT play on Sunday vs NYG

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm disturbed that they're still listing Trubisky's status as day to day, the same status he's been in the the past few weeks. There's no question, he HAS to be ready for the Rams game. Hell, even with him in there we might lose anyway, but without him, I see virtually no chance.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm disturbed that they're still listing Trubisky's status as day to day, the same status he's been in the the past few weeks. There's no question, he HAS to be ready for the Rams game. Hell, even with him in there we might lose anyway, but without him, I see virtually no chance.

I am starting to think that his injury is worse than they've let on, and am becoming skeptical as to his availability any time soon.

I hope Harrison Smith gets hit by a bus. Cheapshot cunt.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they've done that the last few games too. He scored last week. Prolly cuz no one expects him to do anything.

He is fucking woeful as a returner tho. I cringe every time he brings it out. He killed us from the onset, and did ya notice that their next kickoff, they pooched it short so that he HAD to return it? They knew our weak-link too.

Sadly, Cunningham isn't much better....so it's not changing anytime soon.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still annoyed with Nagy and his coaching going into the half.

I would love to hear his take on what the fuck he was thinking there.

Mountain of momentum going into the half, and it's like he didn't want that, so let's be sure to give that momentum right back to the Giants, by being completely fucking retarded.

Another play called that I absolutely disagreed with was the last play at the end of regulation...…….1st and goal with a second left and we hand the ball off to Cohen so he can throw a pass...…...wtf was that?......granted it worked,but if it didn't,we`d all be screaming about it...…..

myself,Id handed that ball off to Hicks again,rather than leave it in the hands of a rb to throw a pass for a game winner.....

And to tell you the truth,im glad we didn't hand it off to howard,Im thoroughly done with him...….Granted he didn't get much of a chance in the 2nd half,but he hasn't shown enough from me to warrant him getting that ball with what hes shown through out this past season……….

Oh well..on to the Rams.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another play called that I absolutely disagreed with was the last play at the end of regulation...…….1st and goal with a second left and we hand the ball off to Cohen so he can throw a pass...…...wtf was that?......granted it worked,but if it didn't,we`d all be screaming about it...…..

myself,Id handed that ball off to Hicks again,rather than leave it in the hands of a rb to throw a pass for a game winner.....

And to tell you the truth,im glad we didn't hand it off to howard,Im thoroughly done with him...….Granted he didn't get much of a chance in the 2nd half,but he hasn't shown enough from me to warrant him getting that ball with what hes shown through out this past season……….

Oh well..on to the Rams.

Howard was really good yesterday, though. If anything, we should have given it to him more.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard was really good yesterday, though. If anything, we should have given it to him more.

he did.....and we didn't....he had a total of what 3 runs in the 2nd half for 8 yds?
But hell,Cohen was absolutely on fire in the 2nd half...…..

Still didn't care for that call by Nagy...…….And still would have given it to Hicks over howard.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the game. Howard didn't look great to me as usual. His longest runs came when they were expecting pass. Cohen is the lone playmaker in the back field.

It was pretty rainy out there. Chase Daniels is horrible. I thought he was horrible last week too despite his stats. Chase really really reminded me of Trubisky last year. Just unable to consistently make accurate passes.

Just a side note. There were a lot of Bears fans. I mean we were everywhere. It was great to see.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s going on Bears klan? U fucking hosers.

Was about to fly up to Chitown this weekend and hang with my cousin, but too much work travel and sick kids making it hard.

Is Trubs playing this Sunday or wat?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he did.....and we didn't....he had a total of what 3 runs in the 2nd half for 8 yds?
But hell,Cohen was absolutely on fire in the 2nd half...…..

Still didn't care for that call by Nagy...…….And still would have given it to Hicks over howard.

Yeah... having a RB throw a pass from the 1 is ludicrous. Handing off to your defensive tackle who has handled a football one time in his career? That's your bread and butter right there.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s going on Bears klan? U fucking hosers.

Was about to fly up to Chitown this weekend and hang with my cousin, but too much work travel and sick kids making it hard.

Is Trubs playing this Sunday or wat?

The consensus had been assumed to be "Yes"

However, there appears to be some lingering questions still. I would bet on him playing, but it's not looking like the slam-dunk that many thought.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i havent been up on things, just curios

is it his throwing shoulder?
Also what exactly did they say this issue with his shoulder was, if they said at all

im a therapist, always curious with injuries

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i havent been up on things, just curios

is it his throwing shoulder?
Also what exactly did they say this issue with his shoulder was, if they said at all

im a therapist, always curious with injuries

Yes, throwing shoulder

It is reported to be a sprained AC joint - the degree of sprain is anyone's guess right now

Come Sunday he will be 3 weeks removed from the injury

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, throwing shoulder

It is reported to be a sprained AC joint - the degree of sprain is anyone's guess right now

Come Sunday he will be 3 weeks removed from the injury
Yuck that can really hamper overhead motions, and if beyond a grade 1 can spell big trouble. Good
Luck

beareezyfaneezy

eezy livin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They said the same thing about Mack and Robinson the week they came back.

Jay Glazer said on the FOX pre-game show that Trubisky would have played on Sunday if it were a playoff game. That leads me to believe they were hoping to give him one more week of rest for a game they woulda/shoulda/coulda won. As has been mentioned in this thread, lesson learned for a rookie coach.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... having a RB throw a pass from the 1 is ludicrous. Handing off to your defensive tackle who has handled a football one time in his career? That's your bread and butter right there.

id took my chances with Akiem over a pass from Cohen...That was just downright dumb...…..

Last edited:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id took my chances with Akiem over a pass from Cohen...That was just downright dumb...…..

Yeah, it was so dumb that the play design worked to create a wide open TD to a receiver that had no one within 5 feet of him... with the game on the line.

Sorry, you don't get to call a play dumb when it works to perfection. It literally couldn't have gone better.

Running Akiem Hicks on the goal line is a one time thing... that's not a part of our offense. It's not something you keep going back to. In the 80's when we had the ONLY 300+ pound guy in all of professional sports - it was a different story.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They said the same thing about Mack and Robinson the week they came back.

Jay Glazer said on the FOX pre-game show that Trubisky would have played on Sunday if it were a playoff game. That leads me to believe they were hoping to give him one more week of rest for a game they woulda/shoulda/coulda won. As has been mentioned in this thread, lesson learned for a rookie coach.

Yeah, I think he's back. However, with the bolded - they also said Trubisky would have played a Sunday game the week of Thanksgiving. Then he didn't return a full week after that.

Amukamara kind of let it slip that he thinks Trubisky is good to go, though. Video leaked of them having a game night on Monday. Trubs was hammering ping pong shots with his throwing shoulder against Amukamara - like full on throwing his whole weight into it. Then when asked about the video - Amukamara said (paraphrasing) "I mean, you all know he's throwing... right? I'm not breaking that news to you. I won't speak beyond that."

That made me feel pretty good.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it was so dumb that the play design worked to create a wide open TD to a receiver that had no one within 5 feet of him... with the game on the line.

Sorry, you don't get to call a play dumb when it works to perfection. It literally couldn't have gone better.

Running Akiem Hicks on the goal line is a one time thing... that's not a part of our offense. It's not something you keep going back to. In the 80's when we had the ONLY 300+ pound guy in all of professional sports - it was a different story.

And if it didn't work....youd all be whining how dumb it was......that was my whole point...….I was like wtf when Burton handed the ball to Cohen and he pulled up to throw it...….Then it was like :yes:

And now Im still like that was :crazy: but hey it woeked so its all good.......
When things work out,it goes unsaid...…..no matter how crazy and dumb it was.

And yes,to this day they still run 300 lb guys in from the one......Just like these 300lb guys still go out for passes in the endzone……….

There has been 4 tds from dts or ots this year...…..so ya,it still happens.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if it didn't work....youd all be whining how dumb it was......that was my whole point...….I was like wtf when Burton handed the ball to Cohen and he pulled up to throw it...….Then it was like :yes:

And now Im still like that was :crazy: but hey it woeked so its all good.......
When things work out,it goes unsaid...…..no matter how crazy and dumb it was.

And yes,to this day they still run 300 lb guys in from the one......Just like these 300lb guys still go out for passes in the endzone……….

There has been 4 tds from dts or ots this year...…..so ya,it still happens.

And if it didn't work....youd all be whining how dumb it was

But it worked... to perfection. The play call was perfectly timed and the design was perfect. So, what are we talking about here? In what universe is a play call that works SO PERFECTLY a bad one? It's an impossibly silly opinion.

It's not even like it was some broken play, that we fluked into the end zone. The play panned out exactly as designed and it created an open receiver for a huge TD.

no matter how crazy and dumb it was.

But how could it possibly be dumb when the everything the play is intended to do worked, caught NYG off-guard and gave us an easy TD? That's the definition of an intelligent play call.

This opinion wouldn't be SO BAD either if your alternative wasn't an even more rare and uncommon gimmick play call. WTF?

And yes,to this day they still run 300 lb guys in from the one

A) I never said it DOESN'T happen. However, it's not a regular part of any offense. It's something you run once a year to catch guys off-guard. Akiem Hicks is not going to begin getting carries in this offense. lol

B) Tackle eligible touchdown passes is not running your DT straight up the middle. I have not seen that once this season. The difference is that every team has multiple 300 pound guys up the middle to counter that. As opposed to when the Fridge did it and no one could push him back.

I am fairly certain that every big man TD outside of Hicks has been on tackle eligible pass plays.

The point is... that this isn't now apart of our offense. It's not something you continually go back to. This is an absurd conversation to even have. It's really just mindboggling to me.

"That HB pass which worked to perfection was horrifically stupid! They should have given to that 340 defensive tackle who had never handled a football on offense prior to today! Because that happens once or twice a decade! Bread and butter baby!"