• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Red Sox expand lead, Yanks lose & try to cheat the system

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett Part Of Blockbuster Talks Between Celtics, Nets

June 27, 2013 1:10 PM

BOSTON (CBS) — The NBA Draft takes place Thursday night, and the Boston Celtics appear to be very busy in the hours leading up to its start.
Yahoo! Sports’ Adrian Wojnarowski reported Thursday afternoon ([ame="[MEDIA=twitter]350297402273574913[/MEDIA]"]via Twitter[/ame]) that the Celtics and Brooklyn Nets are in talks about a potential blockbuster deal involving C’s captain Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett.
The package Brooklyn would send in return, [ame="[MEDIA=twitter]350298629044576258[/MEDIA]"]according to Wojnarowski[/ame], would be Kris Humphries, Gerald Wallace, Tornike Shengelia and three first-round picks.
Wojnarowski added that talks have not yet gotten to the point where the Celtics have talked to Garnett about waiving his no-trade clause.
Pierce, who will turn 36 in October, has one year and $15.3 million left on his contract. Garnett, 37, is due to make $11.5 next season and $12 million in 2013-14.

Last edited by a moderator:

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"KG would never play in NY"

-Rock Shagnessy

Jerzyjeff

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated USC as much as the Yankees and Detroit Bad Boyz but not as much as the Angels. I can't imagine in my lifetime hating any organized sports team as much as I did the Angels with Tim Salmon, Darin Erstad, Troy Glaus, Eckstein, Adam Kennedy, Krod, etc. That shit all went down during the housing boom when all these pretentious pricks were getting 4th mortgages to buy $100k jacked-up pickup trucks with designer wheels and plastering Angels shit all over it. Riding around with Jesse James-style sleeves of tats and Angels caps turned sideways with a skinny-ass blonde next to them. Hatred doesn't capture my feelings toward that time.

Got to let it go, Hammer.......let it gooooooooo.......

Mike Oxlodge

I'm better looking than U
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Ewww, look at those girls from NY barely wearing nothingon a hot summer day. That's so gross"

- Rock Hudson

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy genius better get to work if the Yanks wanna hang in this thing

Just Dirt being honest

they arent going to do anything big, as has been discussed in here

some tweaking probably

i dont want the Sox doing anythign major either, not if it costs top prospects

i like this team right now

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett Part Of Blockbuster Talks Between Celtics, Nets

BOSTON (CBS) — The NBA Draft takes place Thursday night, and the Boston Celtics appear to be very busy in the hours leading up to its start.
Yahoo! Sports’ Adrian Wojnarowski reported Thursday afternoon (via Twitter) that the Celtics and Brooklyn Nets are in talks about a potential blockbuster deal involving C’s captain Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett.
The package Brooklyn would send in return, according to Wojnarowski, would be Kris Humphries, Gerald Wallace, Tornike Shengelia and three first-round picks.
Wojnarowski added that talks have not yet gotten to the point where the Celtics have talked to Garnett about waiving his no-trade clause.
Pierce, who will turn 36 in October, has one year and $15.3 million left on his contract. Garnett, 37, is due to make $11.5 next season and $12 million in 2013-14.

Oh God no. Don't trade Pierce or KG within the division and that return isn't great considering the Nets will probably be good for a few years.

J_E_T_S

Rihanna >>> Emma
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yahoo! Sports’ Adrian Wojnarowski reported Thursday afternoon (via Twitter) that the Celtics and Brooklyn Nets are in talks about a potential blockbuster deal involving C’s captain Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett.
The package Brooklyn would send in return, according to Wojnarowski, would be Kris Humphries, Gerald Wallace, Tornike Shengelia and three first-round picks.

take it and run, dont look back, dont ever look back.

your not getting anything more

J_E_T_S

Rihanna >>> Emma
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh God no. Don't trade Pierce or KG within the division and that return isn't great considering the Nets will probably be good for a few years.

who the eff cares about "int he division".......when your going to suck, by the time the C's turn it around, those 2 will be retired.

Paul Fizzle

The Godfather of Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take "Famous careers ruined by Tom Brady" for 500 points Alex.

Which famous actress fell off the face of the Earth after dating Tom Brady?

- Who is Tara Reed

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone notice that Cano's slump started around the time the whole Biogenesis thing broke? Yeah, I did too.

Mike Oxlodge

I'm better looking than U
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take "Famous careers ruined by Tom Brady" for 500 points Alex.

Which famous actress fell off the face of the Earth after dating Tom Brady?

- Who is Tara Reed

When Tara Reid dumped him, the NFL sent her a yellow flag in the mail.

Most Driven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics have a chance to trade these two washed up guys for 3 1st rounders?

Do it

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy genius better get to work if the Yanks wanna hang in this thing

Just Dirt being honest

Do you think he comes back next year? I say he's gone, especially if they finish lower than second. Worrld called me a harlot for suggesting it, and said I shouldn't besmirch a true yankee's honor like that, cause Dirt wouldn't like it.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

see last page dirt said that thing about KG and NY?

thats where he got that from

i said the same thing you just did and dirt ran with it

they shouldnt trade them in the atlantic..but...if theyre gona rebuild, get what you can

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K, nuff busting balls

Iglesias a SS naturally?

I was a huge Middlebrooks fan, after the DL stint, I was really surprised by the quick trigger they used on him to AAA

Seems only trading Drew would open it up for him

Yes...Iggy is a natural SS and will end up back there at some point as long as he continues to hit at at least a league average SS level.

The quick trigger was forced by Iglesias...they tried a time share, but Iggy kept racking up multi-hit games while WMB struggled after the DL stint..

Drew has been spectacular at short...that's the biggest reason he's in the lineup everyday...and yes, it's possible that they trade him at some point, but not until WMB shows some signs he can be counted on again.

Muddy'ing things up even more is the presence of Bogaerts in Pawtucket and Cecchini i AA Portland...SS and 3b respectively...both will factor in this conversation by next spring training...if Bogaerts goes on a tear in AAA? Watch for him to be promoted...

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My reaction to anyone calling a trade involving two stiffs like Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce a "blockbuster."

tatum_channing_laughing_hysterically-1508.gif