• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If the Red Sox are going to trade Betts.....

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....please let it not be to the White Sox. There are rumors floating out there that the Red Sox don't think they'll be able to keep the young superstar when he becomes a FA after next year and may shop him in this offseason for some high end prospects and a roster player or two. All that for just a one year rental. Now if the Good Guys were one player away from the difference between going to or not going to the WS, I'd hope they would be open to such a trade. But we're not. Only a team on the precipice of a WS appearance should consider surrendering such trade capital for a one year rental, no matter how good he is. And there's no mistaking Bett's added value to any roster. We're just not ready yet to make such a trade, certainly not for a rental. Let's see who we can obtain in the coming months and let's see how our 2020 season progresses, then maybe (but not likely) cross that bridge when we come to it at the trade deadline - assuming Betts is still with his current team of course.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....please let it not be to the White Sox. There are rumors floating out there that the Red Sox don't think they'll be able to keep the young superstar when he becomes a FA after next year and may shop him in this offseason for some high end prospects and a roster player or two. All that for just a one year rental. Now if the Good Guys were one player away from the difference between going to or not going to the WS, I'd hope they would be open to such a trade. But we're not. Only a team on the precipice of a WS appearance should consider surrendering such trade capital for a one year rental, no matter how good he is. And there's no mistaking Bett's added value to any roster. We're just not ready yet to make such a trade, certainly not for a rental. Let's see who we can obtain in the coming months and let's see how our 2020 season progresses, then maybe (but not likely) cross that bridge when we come to it at the trade deadline - assuming Betts is still with his current team of course.
well, wouldn't it be unbelievably stupid to stretch like that for betts and not go after cole? i cannot believe they'd be that dumb ... tho it IS the sox!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, wouldn't it be unbelievably stupid to stretch like that for betts and not go after cole? i cannot believe they'd be that dumb ... tho it IS the sox!
IF we didn't go after Cole and yet IF we traded for Betts, then yes this would be incredibly dumb by the Sox powers that be. But I'm pretty certain that neither is going to happen, especially the latter. I only posted this because I read an article somewhere that the Red Sox are set on reducing payroll and Betts might be traded as a result of this. The writer mentioned our team among others who might be interested. I think tho he was just talking out of his ass and had no insight on the matter whatsoever.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be STUNNED if we gave away Luis Robert and another prospect for Betts. That would be horrible.