• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ravens picked up Dallas Clark

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stokely

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a kick returner. That's it. If he was more you would have more than an old pre draft projection.

catchbluefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hasn't Clark's past 2 QB's have been Painter and Freeman? it's no wonder his stats have dropped.
I don't dispute that may have contributed to his pretty slim numbers over the past 3 years but there is a reason why he was available for so long last year and the only team that finally showed any real interest (after the pats threw him a bone by working him out) was Tampa.

The ravens have a clear need and seeing if someone like clark can fill it is what teams that are well managed do; but to call picking up a guy that no one has wanted until now can't be described as a brilliant move at this point.

On the other hand if he has a year like he had way back in 2009 or even 2008.......

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a kick returner. That's it. If he was more you would have more than an old pre draft projection.

wrong again he is a WR that also returns kicks.....smh, are you sure you've been watching football?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wrong again he is a WR that also returns kicks.....smh, are you sure you've been watching football?

So is devin Hester. That doesn't mean he can actually play WR. Have fun expecting him to catch it without any traffic, let alone a jump ball.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is devin Hester. That doesn't mean he can actually play WR. Have fun expecting him to catch it without any traffic, let alone a jump ball.

SMH....my god you're dumb

[YOUTUBE][ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2AwRAjweF8]JACOBY JONES SUPER BOWL TD CATCH! - YouTube[/ame][/YOUTUBE]

catchbluefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rave, I wonder how many responses you would have got to this post if your hadn't kicked it off by calling the signing a "brilliant move"?

I actually think the your post is the only brilliant thing that is happening here. Well played sir.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rave, I wonder how many responses you would have got to this post if your hadn't kicked it off by calling the signing a "brilliant move"?

I actually think the your post is the only brilliant thing that is happening here. Well played sir.

i think it was a good move, you replace a good pass catching TE with a proven pass catching TE, granted he is older, but it's going to be hard to find a cheaper version of Pitta.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think it was a good move, you replace a good pass catching TE with a proven pass catching TE, granted he is older, but it's going to be hard to find a cheaper version of Pitta.

Clark is a somewhat proven pass catching TE. His wrist injury has really hurt his ability to catch the football and his age has slowed him down quite a bit. I will say it was a good move in the fact that the Ravens really had no other options at this point.

Now to your Jacoby Jones thoughts...If the guy was a good WR he would have done more up to this point in his career. He is a return man masquerading as a WR just like Devin Hester. They are good return men who offer a little value as a receiver but not as an every down receiver.

Even his deep ball ability is overrated in the fact that for being a guy that is supposed to catch a lot of deep passes he only averages 13 yards a catch. Usually big play guys have a higher number like in the 17-19 range. Seriously the best this guy should be on any team is a rotation/situational receiver not an every down receiver.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clark is a somewhat proven pass catching TE. His wrist injury has really hurt his ability to catch the football and his age has slowed him down quite a bit. I will say it was a good move in the fact that the Ravens really had no other options at this point.

Now to your Jacoby Jones thoughts...If the guy was a good WR he would have done more up to this point in his career. He is a return man masquerading as a WR just like Devin Hester. They are good return men who offer a little value as a receiver but not as an every down receiver.

Even his deep ball ability is overrated in the fact that for being a guy that is supposed to catch a lot of deep passes he only averages 13 yards a catch. Usually big play guys have a higher number like in the 17-19 range. Seriously the best this guy should be on any team is a rotation/situational receiver not an every down receiver.

The Ravens have other options at WR besides Jones like Doss, and Williams, who are my choices to be the number 2 next to Smith.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacoby Jones does not have the hands to be an every down receiver. The Ravens would be wise not to change his role on the team one bit.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacoby Jones does not have the hands to be an every down receiver. The Ravens would be wise not to change his role on the team one bit.

Thank you. He's solid at what he does but when you ask me "Who can't go up and get the ball like Anquan Boldin?" and tell me I don't know football when I say Jacoby Jones is not that kind of guy, it's hard to take someone seriously.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens have other options at WR besides Jones like Doss, and Williams, who are my choices to be the number 2 next to Smith.

I understand that they have other options other than Jones. The question that has been presented here is why bring in Stokley at this late in the game? Is it because those guys have not stepped up like the FO and coaching staff thought they would? As an outsider looking in that is what it seems. Same with Dallas Clark and bringing him in so late to the game.

Right now my biggest thought in all of this is how is the Ravens offense going to function? I know they have a good OL and a good set of running backs but the team will need to take pressure off of them by throwing the football. Beyond Smith right now the Ravens have very little to offer. Pitta and Boldin last year at least opened things up for everybody else plus they both were pretty good blockers for the run game. Right now if Jones is the number 2 receiver the team could be in some trouble. You usually like to have a mix of different kinds of receivers so that you can attack all levels of the defense but at this moment the Ravens look like they have 2 speed guys who do not go over the middle and a long list of average guys next to them that have proven nothing and look like they have struggled up to this point in the Off Season to really make a name for themselves. All of this makes life a little easier for Defensive Coordinators to game plan to really force the Ravens out of their strengths (the run game) and have to beat teams through the air.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you. He's solid at what he does but when you ask me "who can't go up and get the ball like Anquan Boldin?" and tell me I don't know football when I say Jacoby Jones is not that kind of guy, it's hard to take someone seriously.

there is a difference between can't and doesn't.....Jones Doesn't go up and get the ball like Boldin but to say he can't is wrong.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that they have other options other than Jones. The question that has been presented here is why bring in Stokley at this late in the game? Is it because those guys have not stepped up like the FO and coaching staff thought they would? As an outsider looking in that is what it seems. Same with Dallas Clark and bringing him in so late to the game.

Right now my biggest thought in all of this is how is the Ravens offense going to function? I know they have a good OL and a good set of running backs but the team will need to take pressure off of them by throwing the football. Beyond Smith right now the Ravens have very little to offer. Pitta and Boldin last year at least opened things up for everybody else plus they both were pretty good blockers for the run game. Right now if Jones is the number 2 receiver the team could be in some trouble. You usually like to have a mix of different kinds of receivers so that you can attack all levels of the defense but at this moment the Ravens look like they have 2 speed guys who do not go over the middle and a long list of average guys next to them that have proven nothing and look like they have struggled up to this point in the Off Season to really make a name for themselves. All of this makes life a little easier for Defensive Coordinators to game plan to really force the Ravens out of their strengths (the run game) and have to beat teams through the air.

Same way it operated last year, Ravens were never a pass first team, that's not how we roll. Ravens are a run first team and use the pass to keep safeties from stacking the box. If the safeties do start stacking the box then we throw deep with Smith. I understand we are young at WR but in todays NFL it's getting easier to find WR's as well i think Doss and Williams will step up and a rookie might step into the spot light.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can't. He is not capable. He is a kick returner who might make a catch if he sneaks behind the defense.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can't. He is not capable. He is a kick returner who might make a catch if he sneaks behind the defense.

troll troll troll your boat......do you ever stop trolling?