• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ravens picked up Dallas Clark

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So essentially you are saying you are right in he is not the same player as Boldin but can do the things he can but chooses not to for some odd reason? So he can but won't. So that is like saying I can rob a bank but won't so either way it doesn't happen. When somebody uses words like "Can't" instead of "Won't" is where you seem to get hung up on. Even though they have different meanings does it really matter in the end if they both end up being the same result of him not going and making the jump ball catches and essentially making himself a one hit wonder of going deep?

yes there is a huge difference between can't and won't or doesn't .....example, i can't have a baby, vs i won't have a baby...... there is a huge difference just ask any woman that CAN'T have a child.

i hate the word can't, i hate hearing people say they can't, and i hate it when people say a person can't when they obviously can, it's just plain ignorant.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes there is a huge difference between can't and won't or doesn't .....example, i can't have a baby, vs i won't have a baby...... there is a huge difference just ask any woman that CAN'T have a child.

i hate the word can't, i hate hearing people say they can't, and i hate it when people say a person can't when they obviously can, it's just plain ignorant.

I understand your frustration and yes a woman in that situation would be very upset. What I am saying is here in this situation how much of a difference does it really make in the grand scheme of things when they both end in the same result? I'm sorry that the word "Can't" upsets you so much but in this situation he "Won't" do the things that Boldin did for this team.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can't, though. It's really not he can but he won't. He isn't big enough, he isn't strong enough and he doesn't have good enough hands. The lack of aggressiveness is only a small part of the issue.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can't, though. It's really not he can but he won't. He isn't big enough, he isn't strong enough and he doesn't have good enough hands. The lack of aggressiveness is only a small part of the issue.

wow you can't stop trolling.........:wtf2: is wrong with you son?

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand your frustration and yes a woman in that situation would be very upset. What I am saying is here in this situation how much of a difference does it really make in the grand scheme of things when they both end in the same result? I'm sorry that the word "Can't" upsets you so much but in this situation he "Won't" do the things that Boldin did for this team.

I never said he would do the same things that Boldin did for the team.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you want a reaction or something, but you're being pretty pathetic in this thread. Just give it up already.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said he would do the same things that Boldin did for the team.

You have been saying this whole time how overrated Boldin is and that anybody could just step in and do what he does. Well if that is the case then wouldn't more teams have better production out of receivers these days? This whole conversation has been based around this idea that Jones will make a great number 2 receiver and "Can" do all the things that Boldin did and more. Now all of a sudden you are backing off that idea?

I'm sorry but your ability to try and mix around words to make your argument has been ridiculous. Saying somebody "Can" do something but yet "Won't" do that something sounds more like a politician than an actual good football conversation.

I have been trying to ask the question how do the Ravens think they can replace what they have now lost in Boldin and Pitta. Your response has been the young guys and Jacoby Jones will do just fine because Boldin was overrated and anybody "Can" do what he did on the football field. You even tried to argue that he was covered by Linebackers more than Corners yet have produced nothing to actually back up that claim.

Also JDM is right in not every player can truly do what another player can. Boldin was a bigger stronger guy than Jones and has better body control which makes it easier for him to go up and make the catches that he does. Not every player has the exact same type of hands where some of them have hands that make it easier to catch the football whether it be they have bigger hands or softer hands. Some players have better hand eye coordination making it easier to catch. Those kind of things a player cannot just all of a sudden have. Boldin has proven to be consistent throughout his career with having great hands and being able to make the tough catches in traffic where Jacoby Jones has been known for his dropped passes and unwillingness to fight for the ball.

That is something else that really can't be taught to a player in that aggressiveness is something that either comes natural or isn't there. There are some players that love to get hit and others that shy away from it. This is a chemical thing within a person in which some have it and others don't.

Remember how your kindergarten teacher used to tell you that you were special and unique? Well in a sense she is right in you are different than other people and chemically how you are made up and things that you "Can" and "Cannot" do are somewhat controlled by genetics.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is why the Ravens signed Dallas Clark and Stokely...

1)Lee Evans --- dropped perfect pass
2)TJ Houshamazadah---- dropped pass

Flacco needs receivers that can catch if it wasn't for these 2 ass-clowns the Ravens are in Super Bowls back to back and maybe 3 times in 5 years. Dallas Clark and Stokely can catch and we already have speed these guys are situational receivers for the Ravens.

:nod:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They let his best guy at that go to the best team in the NFC.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have been saying this whole time how overrated Boldin is and that anybody could just step in and do what he does. Well if that is the case then wouldn't more teams have better production out of receivers these days? This whole conversation has been based around this idea that Jones will make a great number 2 receiver and "Can" do all the things that Boldin did and more. Now all of a sudden you are backing off that idea?

I'm sorry but your ability to try and mix around words to make your argument has been ridiculous. Saying somebody "Can" do something but yet "Won't" do that something sounds more like a politician than an actual good football conversation.

I have been trying to ask the question how do the Ravens think they can replace what they have now lost in Boldin and Pitta. Your response has been the young guys and Jacoby Jones will do just fine because Boldin was overrated and anybody "Can" do what he did on the football field. You even tried to argue that he was covered by Linebackers more than Corners yet have produced nothing to actually back up that claim.

Also JDM is right in not every player can truly do what another player can. Boldin was a bigger stronger guy than Jones and has better body control which makes it easier for him to go up and make the catches that he does. Not every player has the exact same type of hands where some of them have hands that make it easier to catch the football whether it be they have bigger hands or softer hands. Some players have better hand eye coordination making it easier to catch. Those kind of things a player cannot just all of a sudden have. Boldin has proven to be consistent throughout his career with having great hands and being able to make the tough catches in traffic where Jacoby Jones has been known for his dropped passes and unwillingness to fight for the ball.

That is something else that really can't be taught to a player in that aggressiveness is something that either comes natural or isn't there. There are some players that love to get hit and others that shy away from it. This is a chemical thing within a person in which some have it and others don't.

Remember how your kindergarten teacher used to tell you that you were special and unique? Well in a sense she is right in you are different than other people and chemically how you are made up and things that you "Can" and "Cannot" do are somewhat controlled by genetics.

:wtf2: you're making it sound like i said Jones is exactly like Boldin and i never said any such thing. I just think Boldin is old, slow, and has a hard time getting open and if it wasn't for his ability to go up and get the ball he'd be out of the NFL. He is great at going up and getting the ball but winning a jump ball isn't anything special and completion percentage isn't good on those plays. Boldin is the best I've ever seen at winning jump balls and his percentage of coming down with the ball is better than most, but that's not something i want my WR to only be able to do. I'd much rather have younger faster, coach-able talent than Boldin because i (Ravens) can teach a player how to fight for the ball. That's not a natural talent and something that can be coached.

The only reason i brought up Jones is because when Jones payed the number two spot last year Boldin moved to the slot and that's where most of his catches came from. Jones, Boldin and Smith were good last year. To me Boldin isn't a number one WR or a number two at this point, he is a slot or a hybrid TE/WR. I hope one of the many WR's we have can step in and fill the production of Boldin, not do the exact same fucking thing Boldin did. There will never be another player like Boldin but i'm positive his production can be replaced and will be replaced, maybe this year maybe 10 years from now IDK, but i know his production will be replaced.

Not stop your damn crying and get it through your head i'm not mad Boldin is gone and i think his departure makes the Ravens Better. GOT IT?????

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf2: you're making it sound like i said Jones is exactly like Boldin and i never said any such thing. I just think Boldin is old, slow, and has a hard time getting open and if it wasn't for his ability to go up and get the ball he'd be out of the NFL. He is great at going up and getting the ball but winning a jump ball isn't anything special and completion percentage isn't good on those plays. Boldin is the best I've ever seen at winning jump balls and his percentage of coming down with the ball is better than most, but that's not something i want my WR to only be able to do. I'd much rather have younger faster, coach-able talent than Boldin because i (Ravens) can teach a player how to fight for the ball. That's not a natural talent and something that can be coached.

The only reason i brought up Jones is because when Jones payed the number two spot last year Boldin moved to the slot and that's where most of his catches came from. Jones, Boldin and Smith were good last year. To me Boldin isn't a number one WR or a number two at this point, he is a slot or a hybrid TE/WR. I hope one of the many WR's we have can step in and fill the production of Boldin, not do the exact same fucking thing Boldin did. There will never be another player like Boldin but i'm positive his production can be replaced and will be replaced, maybe this year maybe 10 years from now IDK, but i know his production will be replaced.

Not stop your damn crying and get it through your head i'm not mad Boldin is gone and i think his departure makes the Ravens Better. GOT IT?????

Well that old slow guy just lead your team in yards, catches, and targets so he must be doing something right. Again I have to say if you don't think Boldin is a number 1 receiver then what does that say about the rest of your guys if he was the top guy on the team? Does that mean that Smith isn't even a number 2 type receiver maybe not even a number 3? What about Jones then does that bump him to a number 4 or 5?

Also I would love to see how you would teach Jones to fight for the ball. The guy would be peeing in his pants every time that type of drill came up in practice. He has always shied away from contact.

I'm not the one crying here. I am trying to get you to use stats to back up what you are trying to say of how the team won't miss Boldin but all you keep doing is calling him old and slow yet using nothing to back that up. You also are the one that keeps leaning on name calling to try and get your points across or mixing words around and pointing towards hypotheticals about players that they are all of a sudden going to be able to do something they have never done before. I guess good luck to the Ravens passing game this year.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that old slow guy just lead your team in yards, catches, and targets so he must be doing something right. Again I have to say if you don't think Boldin is a number 1 receiver then what does that say about the rest of your guys if he was the top guy on the team? Does that mean that Smith isn't even a number 2 type receiver maybe not even a number 3? What about Jones then does that bump him to a number 4 or 5?

Also I would love to see how you would teach Jones to fight for the ball. The guy would be peeing in his pants every time that type of drill came up in practice. He has always shied away from contact.

I'm not the one crying here. I am trying to get you to use stats to back up what you are trying to say of how the team won't miss Boldin but all you keep doing is calling him old and slow yet using nothing to back that up. You also are the one that keeps leaning on name calling to try and get your points across or mixing words around and pointing towards hypotheticals about players that they are all of a sudden going to be able to do something they have never done before. I guess good luck to the Ravens passing game this year.

:lol: you want stats on guys that have limited playing time, and haven't had a chance to prove themselves, really? Oh yea Didn't i say IDK if his production will be matched this year, that it could be 10 year from now?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: you want stats on guys that have limited playing time, and haven't had a chance to prove themselves, really? Oh yea Didn't i say IDK if his production will be matched this year, that it could be 10 year from now?

Well I would hope in the next 10 years you would have somebody that could have 1000 yards receiving.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I would hope in the next 10 years you would have somebody that could have 1000 yards receiving.

I think a Ravens WR will have 1000 yard season this year, maybe even 2.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a Ravens WR will have 1000 yard season this year, maybe even 2.

Flacco has only had one receiver ever go over a thousand yards in his entire time in the nfl and all of sudden he is going to have 2 after losing two of his top three targets from the year before? COME ON MAN!!

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flacco has only had one receiver ever go over a thousand yards in his entire time in the nfl and all of sudden he is going to have 2 after losing two of his top three targets from the year before? COME ON MAN!!

i think Caldwell's system will make the difference, off course i only have last year playoff run to go off of, so i could be wrong, but i like my chance of at least one.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that they need late help at TE and WR makes the boldin move more baffling to me. I know pitta hurts but I don't get letting boldin go without a plan in place.

They won the superbowl. Its time for Flacco to step up and show he can do it all season without the guidance of Lewis on that defense.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does that have anything to do with what I said? Boldin was his best weapon and they traded him for a bag of rocks.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does that have anything to do with what I said? Boldin was his best weapon and they traded him for a bag of rocks.

:agree: ... Trading Boldin is really going to bite them in the ass this year. Especially if anything happens to Torrey Smith. I've heard a bunch of people talk up Jacoby Jones, but he is nothing more than a special teams talent. He is just like Devin Hester, no hands! The Texans dropped him because of it. And adding Clark was not much of an "Ozzie" move as it was a "Caldwell" move. Clark knows his system so it was a no brainer.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Torrey smith is very good. We'll see how he fares without boldin, though. Special teamer is the perfect description of jacoby jones. If you're relying on anything more than putting him as your fourth guy and sneaking him deep, you're going to be upset.