• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ravens picked up Dallas Clark

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does that have anything to do with what I said? Boldin was his best weapon and they traded him for a bag of rocks.

It's hard man for diehard fans to see negative in losing a key player sometimes...hell, we have fans that think we're somehow better off w/o Wallace.

What micro posted about him being slow,etc. is true. PIT had a guy like that...he's now the alltime leading WR for the franchise...by a mile.

Everyone can and will be replaced in the NFL...I just don't see the toughness that Boldin displayed on the roster right now...we will find out in a couple of weeks.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard man for diehard fans to see negative in losing a key player sometimes...hell, we have fans that think we're somehow better off w/o Wallace.

What micro posted about him being slow,etc. is true. PIT had a guy like that...he's now the alltime leading WR for the franchise...by a mile.

Everyone can and will be replaced in the NFL...I just don't see the toughness that Boldin displayed on the roster right now...we will find out in a couple of weeks.

He's talking about Limas Sweed...

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does that have anything to do with what I said? Boldin was his best weapon and they traded him for a bag of rocks.

When the ravens finally won the sb, all that pressure was taken off of them. Letting Boldin go also showed to me that the ravens won it for Ray. Boldin was an off and on contributor for them, and didnt step up the other years in the playoffs. Maybe the ravens knew that. This is a smart organization that has seen enough flash players one year not do that again. But no one thought that Pita would get hurt before preseason in March. And they maybe also wanted to see if Flacco could do that without Boldin. Was it Flacco or Boldin that made the offense burst out for the ravens on their sb run? The raven want that to be Flacco. But the Pita thing wasnt seen coming at that point.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the ravens finally won the sb, all that pressure was taken off of them. Letting Boldin go also showed to me that the ravens won it for Ray. Boldin was an off and on contributor for them, and didnt step up the other years in the playoffs. Maybe the ravens knew that. This is a smart organization that has seen enough flash players one year not do that again. But no one thought that Pita would get hurt before preseason in March. And they maybe also wanted to see if Flacco could do that without Boldin. Was it Flacco or Boldin that made the offense burst out for the ravens on their sb run? The raven want that to be Flacco. But the Pita thing wasnt seen coming at that point.

I don't understand how anyone can think that Boldin didn't have that big of an impact through the playoffs last year??? I mean, did you even watch those games??? Boldin repeatedly bailed Flacco out on 3rd downs. It may have slid under the highlight radar because it wasn't a splash play per say, but if those 3rd down conversions didn't happen (particularly in the 4th quarter).... No Lombardi trophy! These conversions were absolutely crucial to their success. There was one 4th down conversion in the SB (or AFCCG?) that Flacco audibled on a 4th&1 to throw it instead of run it. Look up that highlight!!! You will see Boldin make a catch (from a terrible throw) over the back of a defender. It was a bonehead audible that paid off and made Flacco look good. Do you think any other receiver on that team could have made that catch? I watched every second of each game and I can tell you with 100% confidence that Boldin's presence will be sorely missed. He may have been slow, but his strength and route running skills were at the top of the NFL. Torrey is still a great receiver, so I'm not at all saying that their WR corps is doomed. They will continue to produce, but Flacco will need to prove his worth now more than ever.

Spare me the Steelers jokes Ravens fans... Just throwing out some knowledge for people that didn't watch the games as closely.

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens had to start rebuilding and the only way to do that was free up money. Boldin was asked to take a pay cut and refused.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens had to start rebuilding and the only way to do that was free up money. Boldin was asked to take a pay cut and refused.

That's completely understandable. However, I still think the Ravens could have gotten more out of the deal and/or didn't pay Flacco so much so that they could keep Boldin. Hindsight is always 20/20 though so nobody is really to blame. All I was trying to say is Boldin's presence will be sorely missed.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's completely understandable. However, I still think the Ravens could have gotten more out of the deal and/or didn't pay Flacco so much so that they could keep Boldin. Hindsight is always 20/20 though so nobody is really to blame. All I was trying to say is Boldin's presence will be sorely missed.

idk who was the SB mvp, but Boldin was definitely the playoff mvp for BAL...I think he'll be missed as well.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only a Steeler fan would remember that bust! lol!

Could do everything but catch the damn ball!

If by "bust" you meant "hall of famer" or "G.O.A.T." then yes... He was a total bust!

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand how anyone can think that Boldin didn't have that big of an impact through the playoffs last year??? I mean, did you even watch those games??? Boldin repeatedly bailed Flacco out on 3rd downs. It may have slid under the highlight radar because it wasn't a splash play per say, but if those 3rd down conversions didn't happen (particularly in the 4th quarter).... No Lombardi trophy! These conversions were absolutely crucial to their success. There was one 4th down conversion in the SB (or AFCCG?) that Flacco audibled on a 4th&1 to throw it instead of run it. Look up that highlight!!! You will see Boldin make a catch (from a terrible throw) over the back of a defender. It was a bonehead audible that paid off and made Flacco look good. Do you think any other receiver on that team could have made that catch? I watched every second of each game and I can tell you with 100% confidence that Boldin's presence will be sorely missed. He may have been slow, but his strength and route running skills were at the top of the NFL. Torrey is still a great receiver, so I'm not at all saying that their WR corps is doomed. They will continue to produce, but Flacco will need to prove his worth now more than ever.

Spare me the Steelers jokes Ravens fans... Just throwing out some knowledge for people that didn't watch the games as closely.

If thats the case I doubt Boldin would have done that again had he stayed. He didnt step up those other years in the playoffs.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are still a contender. They did not need to rebuild. Boldin was worth the money IMO.