• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ravens picked up Dallas Clark

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can find guys to catch in the middle just not to the level of boldin and pitta. Teams had to game plan with those two guys in mind. My guess is Dickson and stokley do not scare many teams. Teams can now roll coverages to focus on smith and rice where before that was not the case.

why not if they aren't going to be getting the same attention as those guys they should be open more and catch more passes?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they aren't on close to the same level. You don't need to put as much effort into stopping them to stop them.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they aren't on close to the same level. You don't need to put as much effort into stopping them to stop them.

you could stop Boldin with one guy and that's all you're need with these new WR as well.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you could stop Boldin with one guy and that's all you're need with these new WR as well.

There really is no talking to you on this subject. People got an up close look last year in the playoffs of watching Boldin consistently out jump double teams and come down with the ball. Heck I saw him a couple of times triple teamed and still came down with the ball.

Boldin was and is a talented receiver. There is a reason that he can go from being the number 1 receiver for the Ravens to then the number 1 receiver now for the 49ers. He is that good. He might not have the speed of some of the top guys but having a guy who can go over the middle and make the tough catches in traffic is very beneficial to an offense.

I'm sorry but you are just full of crap if you think these new guys can come in and do what Boldin did for this team last year. He was the leader of that offense and when times were tough was the voice that kept that offense focused. He was the guy that late in games when they absolutely needed a first down was the guy to come up with the ball. He was the guy that when the pocket was collapsing around Flacco that he automatically threw it Boldin's way. That kind of trust only comes with time and talent.

catchbluefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think calling it a "brilliant move" is a pretty serious stretch. No doubt Clarke was one of the better tight ends "back in the day" but that day is a few years back in the rear view mirror. Teams weren't exactly lining up trying to sign him over the last few months. All that said, doesn't mean he can't be a decent contributor in a limited role.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There really is no talking to you on this subject. People got an up close look last year in the playoffs of watching Boldin consistently out jump double teams and come down with the ball. Heck I saw him a couple of times triple teamed and still came down with the ball.

Boldin was and is a talented receiver. There is a reason that he can go from being the number 1 receiver for the Ravens to then the number 1 receiver now for the 49ers. He is that good. He might not have the speed of some of the top guys but having a guy who can go over the middle and make the tough catches in traffic is very beneficial to an offense.

I'm sorry but you are just full of crap if you think these new guys can come in and do what Boldin did for this team last year. He was the leader of that offense and when times were tough was the voice that kept that offense focused. He was the guy that late in games when they absolutely needed a first down was the guy to come up with the ball. He was the guy that when the pocket was collapsing around Flacco that he automatically threw it Boldin's way. That kind of trust only comes with time and talent.

you should have watched more Ravens games last year, Boldin is overrated and SF fans will find that out soon enough.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you should have watched more Ravens games last year, Boldin is overrated and SF fans will find that out soon enough.

So what does that say about the rest of your receivers then if he is overrated? I guess when he was giving the Ravens the most yards, catches, and targets on the team Flacco thought he was overrated but decided to throw it his way anyway. I guess in the playoffs where he had about 150 yards more receiving than the next guy on the team and the most receptions and touchdowns of all the receivers he was completely overrated and the team will not miss that at all.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what does that say about the rest of your receivers then if he is overrated? I guess when he was giving the Ravens the most yards, catches, and targets on the team Flacco thought he was overrated but decided to throw it his way anyway. I guess in the playoffs where he had about 150 yards more receiving than the next guy on the team and the most receptions and touchdowns of all the receivers he was completely overrated and the team will not miss that at all.

it says nothing about the rest of the WR's on the Ravens. I would have much rather had Jones in the number 2 spot than Boldin. In fact i think most of Boldin receptions came out of the slot as the 3rd WR.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it says nothing about the rest of the WR's on the Ravens. I would have much rather had Jones in the number 2 spot than Boldin. In fact i think most of Boldin receptions came out of the slot as the 3rd WR.

HAHAHAHA oh goodness. Jones as the number 2 guy. Did you just watch the first preseason game and see him stand there as a guy jumped in front of him to intercept the pass? Yeah get ready for that all season. The guy has no desire to try and fight for the ball. He is a pure speed guy that has mediocre hands at best. He will make a couple of nice plays for the team but consistently cannot be counted on. Look at the playoffs where 3 of the 4 games he had one catch. Now given that one catch usually was for pretty good yards but you kind of hope your number 2 guy can give you more than 2 catches a game.

Seriously dude some of these posts of yours are just about as delusional as I have seen on this board. I'm done talking on this topic as I have had more intellectual conversations with a 4 year old.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clark is just another mediocore weapon Peyton Manning made look better than he truly was.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacoby jones is a kick returner and a guy you sneak deep in 4 WR sets. That's about it.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHAHAHA oh goodness. Jones as the number 2 guy. Did you just watch the first preseason game and see him stand there as a guy jumped in front of him to intercept the pass? Yeah get ready for that all season. The guy has no desire to try and fight for the ball. He is a pure speed guy that has mediocre hands at best. He will make a couple of nice plays for the team but consistently cannot be counted on. Look at the playoffs where 3 of the 4 games he had one catch. Now given that one catch usually was for pretty good yards but you kind of hope your number 2 guy can give you more than 2 catches a game.

Seriously dude some of these posts of yours are just about as delusional as I have seen on this board. I'm done talking on this topic as I have had more intellectual conversations with a 4 year old.

going back for that ball is something Jones will have to work on but him at the number two spot and Boldin in the slot worked out well last year, and that was my point. Boldin on the outside just doesn't work because a good CB can cover him like a glove.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
going back for that ball is something Jones will have to work on but him at the number two spot and Boldin in the slot worked out well last year, and that was my point. Boldin on the outside just doesn't work because a good CB can cover him like a glove.

Ok one more just because I can't resist. The reason it worked so well is Boldin required extra attention from the safety over the middle. The safety couldn't just cheat to the outside to help with Jones' speed. Now that there is nobody that has that ability over the middle like Boldin AND Pitta safeties will be able to cheat to the outside on both Smith and Jones. I don't know why this idea of Boldin and Pitta both going across the middle drawing extra attention from the outside is so hard for you to understand.

Also who cares if Boldin played a great deal in the slot. Welker did that for the Patriots and everybody considered him their number 1 receiver. It doesn't matter the position on the field if they produce from it. Boldin produced very well from the slot and the outside as well. Boldin also was a good run blocker which is a very underrated talent for a receiver. I have a hard time seeing Jones even want to tough a DB trying to block them. Again Boldin helped take pressure off of everybody else in that offense. There is a reason that for some players they say the stats don't tell the whole story. Boldin was a vocal leader and was the guy that did all the little things right on the field.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok one more just because I can't resist. The reason it worked so well is Boldin required extra attention from the safety over the middle. The safety couldn't just cheat to the outside to help with Jones' speed. Now that there is nobody that has that ability over the middle like Boldin AND Pitta safeties will be able to cheat to the outside on both Smith and Jones. I don't know why this idea of Boldin and Pitta both going across the middle drawing extra attention from the outside is so hard for you to understand.

Also who cares if Boldin played a great deal in the slot. Welker did that for the Patriots and everybody considered him their number 1 receiver. It doesn't matter the position on the field if they produce from it. Boldin produced very well from the slot and the outside as well. Boldin also was a good run blocker which is a very underrated talent for a receiver. I have a hard time seeing Jones even want to tough a DB trying to block them. Again Boldin helped take pressure off of everybody else in that offense. There is a reason that for some players they say the stats don't tell the whole story. Boldin was a vocal leader and was the guy that did all the little things right on the field.

No, Boldin didn't require extra help from safeties, LB were covering Boldin and he just out jumped them. LOL Boldin couldn't even out run a LB he had to find holes in the defense which any WR can do or out jump them again which any WR can do there is nothing special about Boldin other than his toughness. Boldin was never a true number one WR for the Ravens.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. You don't know football.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. You don't know football.

That's all you got....name me one WR that can't catch a jump ball, beside the midget named Wes Welker

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all you got....name me one WR that can't catch a jump ball, beside the midget named Wes Welker

With the speed and power of guys in the NFL these days a guy that can go up and get the ball over the top of a Corner is a nice weapon to have. When a guy sweeps out your legs while you are trying to catch a ball only those with the best of hands can hang on consistently which is what Boldin offered this team.

Also I would love for you to show something that points to Boldin being covered by linebackers more than corners this past season. I watched him in a few games and maybe a handful of plays would a team try and send a linebacker out to cover him. Now I will say some teams would play zone and since he did come over the middle he would get covered some by linebackers and safeties but that comes with the territory of running zone coverage not man to man.

Also I'm sorry but if you can't see that Boldin has been one of the better offensive weapons the Ravens have had I really do have to question your football knowledge as JDM did. He has put up good not great stats but none of the other receivers on the team have put up great stats either so one has to wonder if that then comes down to the quarterback not the receiver of who is lacking in talent. The fact that he put up thousand yard seasons with the Cardinals should show this guy is a very talented receiver. If a quarterback can't get it to him with his ability to outjump and catch the ball like he does then that is on the quarterback not Boldin. Kurt Warner definitely had no trouble getting the ball to him.