• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

rangers trade thoughts........

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he makes 13 million next year

Which I thought he was overpaid, but generally 1 WAR is valued at 4-5 million and he almost always gets to 3-4 WAR in a season, due to solid batting, baserunning and defensive numbers

He'd be a good stop gap for next year given the weakness of next years FA class.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No, he makes 13 million next year

Which I thought he was overpaid, but generally 1 WAR is valued at 4-5 million and he almost always gets to 3-4 WAR in a season, due to solid batting, baserunning and defensive numbers

And you certainly don't platoon that guy ... so you don't need to resign a #4 COF-only guy whose only hope is to be in a platoon.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that makes rios's price tag quite a bit higher though.......

Not really. Sox are looking to dump his salary as much as anything. If we eat the entire salary the demand will be less

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Cruz would be a huge blow to this team. But the thing is there really isn't anyone available that will contribute as much as him. The ONLY guy that MIGHT be available that I think could help out would be Cargo... and he would be incredibly expensive. But if we could just make it 50 games with an outfield of baker, beltre, and leonys I think we'll be fine come playoffs when Cruz is back. I would rather go get a pitcher than trade for an outfielder just because cruz is suspended, because I mean we're gonna get him back by the end of the season anyway.

btw Bartolo colon has GOTTA be on that list... he's too fat to be pitching this well. so its gonna be a loss for oakland too. we'll be fine. I still wanna get garza or gallardo though.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Losing Cruz would be a huge blow to this team. But the thing is there really isn't anyone available that will contribute as much as him. The ONLY guy that MIGHT be available that I think could help out would be Cargo... and he would be incredibly expensive. But if we could just make it 50 games with an outfield of baker, beltre, and leonys I think we'll be fine come playoffs when Cruz is back. I would rather go get a pitcher than trade for an outfielder just because cruz is suspended, because I mean we're gonna get him back by the end of the season anyway.

btw Bartolo colon has GOTTA be on that list... he's too fat to be pitching this well. so its gonna be a loss for oakland too. we'll be fine. I still wanna get garza or gallardo though.

Man ... you already got him dead, buried and risen after 50 games.

Union will not let stand anything MLB pronounces without going to court. If they were to let it proceed -- then there are 1200 MLB players who will wonder what their dues are paying for. And don't expect teams to sit by if an opponent with a name on the list isn't treated the same as their guy on the list.

MLB lawyers are going to be busy for years.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda the reverse of 2010 when TEX had to overpay in pitching prospects for spares like Jorge Cantu and Christian Guzman. Especially Guzman.

Yeah those guys, luckily those guys didn't cost anybody that ended up being worth a darn (apologies to Evan Reed and his 12 ML innings this year), especially Guzman b/c God he was awful here

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ he proposed Gallo & Profar for G. Stanton in one of his other columns today.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think our main focus needs to be on starting pitching. It is all about pitching and the Giants are proof of that. We cannot count on Lewis, Harrison and Feliz. Who knows if Ogando will ever stay healthy and would be better off in the pen. And Grimm and Tepesch (who I think could be a good pitcher some day) need to be at AAA. That leaves us with Darvish, Holland and Perez along with Wolf and Lindblom. If we can somehow shore up that rotation we will be solid in all areas with our pitching. And then I feel we have a chance to compete with anybody as we have enough offense to get the job done.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no proof ogando is better in the pen. Even if he only throws 150 innings/yr he's still for valuable as a starter.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no proof ogando is better in the pen. Even if he only throws 150 innings/yr he's still for valuable as a starter.

I am not saying he is better in the pen but I think he may be better off plus our pen would be better and deeper if he is there. But only if we strengthen our starting rotation. When he goes on the DL as one of our main rotation guys I think it is more of a hindrance than if it was to happen to him in the pen since it is our strength.

slugger82685

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone else think that we should make a compelling offer to the white sox to pry Sale from them?.....they are clearly going to be sellers and aside from Sale, they really dont have any chips that would net them top tier prospects. I really like Sale, I am a huge fan of power pitchers and he is locked up through at least 2017 and is already an ace pitching in the AL....I think a package starting with Profar and Perez might change their mind about trading him....anyone else have thoughts on this?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone else think that we should make a compelling offer to the white sox to pry Sale from them?.....they are clearly going to be sellers and aside from Sale, they really dont have any chips that would net them top tier prospects. I really like Sale, I am a huge fan of power pitchers and he is locked up through at least 2017 and is already an ace pitching in the AL....I think a package starting with Profar and Perez might change their mind about trading him....anyone else have thoughts on this?

Don't really want him on our payroll when his elbow explodes.