• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

rangers trade thoughts........

gregrey972

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one that thought of the signing of Manny being a move made fearing the worst concerning Nellie and the whole PED situation lingering over his head? Couldn't that move just be the Rangers hedging their bets with as many insurance polices against losing Cruz's bat in the 2nd half of the year?

Swangin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one that thought of the signing of Manny being a move made fearing the worst concerning Nellie and the whole PED situation lingering over his head? Couldn't that move just be the Rangers hedging their bets with as many insurance polices against losing Cruz's bat in the 2nd half of the year?
I have a feeling Nelly won't miss any time this season, but not sure how all that is going to play out? Sure that could have come into play as well, there are several reasons why it makes sense to look at as many options as possible, especially a low risk like this one. And it could be as simple as, hey, lets be the team to take a flyer on this guy before another team does.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nolan Ryan has stated that he's not concerned about Nellie missing time this year, b/c even if they do hand down a sentence, there will probably be a pretty lengthy appeal process

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nolan Ryan has stated that he's not concerned about Nellie missing time this year, b/c even if they do hand down a sentence, there will probably be a pretty lengthy appeal process

^^ most definitely. And if anything does come down there are other teams that are in as bad if not worse position than TEX. But it won't.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Garza seeming to be the object of most people's affection

What are some trades some of you would offer up for this guy?

I'd offer a package centered around guys like Luke Jackson, Roman Mendez, Wilmer Font, Justin Grimm, Hanser Alberto, Neil Ramirez or to step it up maybe even Luis Sardinas

Obviously not all of these guys in one trade, but these are the some guys I would consider in a fair package for Garza

Sardinas would obviously reduce the amount of OTHER talent that would be included in said trade

Last edited by a moderator:

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
With Garza seeming to be the object of most people's affection

What are some trades some of you would offer up for this guy?

I'd offer a package centered around guys like Luke Jackson, Roman Mendez, Wilmer Font, Justin Grimm, Hanser Alberto, Neil Ramirez or to step it up maybe even Luis Sardinas

Obviously not all of these guys in one trade, but these are the some guys I would consider in a fair package for Garza

Sardinas would obviously reduce the amount of OTHER talent that would be included in said trade

Remind me again why TEX would want Garza and how he is enough of a plus over what TEX would give up to justify spending an assortment of future capital to acquire him.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remind me again why TEX would want Garza and how he is enough of a plus over what TEX would give up to justify spending an assortment of future capital to acquire him.

Jesus dude, chill

I've stated repeatedly I'm not for it... I'm just curious as to what other people would offer

And he is an upgrade over the 3 rookies, especially since there are no guarantees with the injured starters this year, he's simply a stopgap, if the price is right then its not a lateral move

If the trade is what Jim Bowden suggested, for Robbie Ross, then it is a lateral move

Once again, its an exercise into what others would offer, since they are the ones pushing for Garza

kdm1218

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus dude, chill

I've stated repeatedly I'm not for it... I'm just curious as to what other people would offer

And he is an upgrade over the 3 rookies, especially since there are no guarantees with the injured starters this year, he's simply a stopgap, if the price is right then its not a lateral move

If the trade is what Jim Bowden suggested, for Robbie Ross, then it is a lateral move

Once again, its an exercise into what others would offer, since they are the ones pushing for Garza
Thank goodness Bowden is not our GM.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jesus dude, chill

Okay ... wasn't aware you weren't keen on Garza. If Bowden suggests Garza for Ross ... then it at best a lateral move.

If this is just an exercise ... then I still think it would be important to figure out what Garza brings other than the rookies other than one more inning per outing perhaps.

If all TEX SPs were getting half way decent run support and weren't in a high leverage situation every time out their performance might be as good as what TEX might expect from a Garza-like SP acquisition.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay ... wasn't aware you weren't keen on Garza. If Bowden suggests Garza for Ross ... then it at best a lateral move.

If this is just an exercise ... then I still think it would be important to figure out what Garza brings other than the rookies other than one more inning per outing perhaps.

If all TEX SPs were getting half way decent run support and weren't in a high leverage situation every time out their performance might be as good as what TEX might expect from a Garza-like SP acquisition.

After looking through some of the people out there being offered, I'm a realist and based on commitment and other issues, Garza might be the best situation to help bolster the rotation, he's a rental, has had issues and is actually pitching well right now

Never been a fan, but on a one year rental and due to other issues I think the cost will be low enough to not be a lateral move

I mention prospects as they are the main form of compensation I'm interested in, if the cost was some prospects and David Murphy, then so be it, but losing David Murphy doesn't concern me, losing prospects does

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
After looking through some of the people out there being offered, I'm a realist and based on commitment and other issues, Garza might be the best situation to help bolster the rotation, he's a rental, has had issues and is actually pitching well right now

Never been a fan, but on a one year rental and due to other issues I think the cost will be low enough to not be a lateral move

I mention prospects as they are the main form of compensation I'm interested in, if the cost was some prospects and David Murphy, then so be it, but losing David Murphy doesn't concern me, losing prospects does

If TEX is able to swap Garza for Murphy and a lower pitching prospect ... I'd be all over that. If TEX were sellers at the deadline ... and Murphy performing better then someone might be offering TEX a similar prospect for him. So that might be a good deal as I doubt the Cubs would be overvalueing him if they see any opportunity to get something for him in return.

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I either want to go big, as in trading for Cliff Lee, or I want to stand pat and let our young guys continue to develop. I don't want to trade prospects for anyone who's not going to be a big replacement. We need some offensive help but I'd rather let Profar play in the of this season with Cruz and Martin. Next year we can resign Nellie to play DH, and go with an outfield of Kinsler, Martin, and free agent (possible the cuban defector), with Profar playing 2nd base.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rios and garza????? depends on the cost but i would think these two would be the best/cheapest options

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in the cuddyer/garza camp. Rios/Garza would be my #2-3 options.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in the cuddyer/garza camp. Rios/Garza would be my #2-3 options.

I can agree both ways, but in the end, it all depends on what the asking price is

Garza is the pitcher, especially with Tepesch going down today and Grimm continuing to stink it up, that I would think would be most cost effective

Lee will not come here, plus we would also have to agree to guarantee his final option year to get him to agree to do so, in addition to giving up assets and the other guaranteed years

Peavy, that injury history is way too long

Price, well it'll be too high

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree both ways, but in the end, it all depends on what the asking price is

Garza is the pitcher, especially with Tepesch going down today and Grimm continuing to stink it up, that I would think would be most cost effective

Lee will not come here, plus we would also have to agree to guarantee his final option year to get him to agree to do so, in addition to giving up assets and the other guaranteed years

Peavy, that injury history is way too long

Price, well it'll be too high

So what's your package for Garza?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already included a list of prospects I would package in various forms to the Cubs in a previous post

Well apparently I missed it so would you appease me?