• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

rangers trade thoughts........

Specs.Toporcer

RangerSince72
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did y'all hear that Texas just signed Manny Ramirez to a minor league deal?

skilledwolf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only problem I have wit this is I don't think it solves our LF problem. During his career, Manny was a poor LF, and he's surely gotten worse with age. So the only way this solves LF is if Profar starts playing there (which I don't recommend). Still, even if it fails, we aren't paying him much and it will only cost us a few snickers from the other teams. Solid move.

kdm1218

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No -- LAD had him on their 25-man ... TEX is just kicking the tires via a minor league deal. If it works out ... they control him and he's off the market. Think it is a good move. He's actually been hitting pretty well in Taiwan until last month.
At least it's nothing guaranteed like what we gave Berkman. Just feel like if he had anything worth having, he'd already be with a club. This reminds me of Oswalt deal last year, just doubting Manny ever sets foot in RBIA.

Wkbrdr2234

Ranger Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only problem I have wit this is I don't think it solves our LF problem. During his career, Manny was a poor LF, and he's surely gotten worse with age. So the only way this solves LF is if Profar starts playing there (which I don't recommend). Still, even if it fails, we aren't paying him much and it will only cost us a few snickers from the other teams. Solid move.
We didn't sign him to be a LF, I think JD made that pretty clear. He will DH if anything. Oswalt was much more expensive and more of a risk. Manny is a low risk, potential high reward. I don't see a problem with the sign.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I just read that.

that's great JD, thanks.....WS here we come.

why stop there, sign Canseco too

It's a no risk signing. If he can hit JD looks like a genius. If he can't, nothing ventured, nothing lost.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No -- LAD had him on their 25-man ... TEX is just kicking the tires via a minor league deal. If it works out ... they control him and he's off the market. Think it is a good move. He's actually been hitting pretty well in Taiwan until last month.

a 41 y/o hitting well in Tawain? This is a guy that QUIT the MLB because he didn't want to be tested.
okay, he's overcome his addiction to Steroids
he's still 41

There's nothing left to say, I don't care if he was signed to a single A deal.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a genius is the last thing he looks like.

If he can hit, that's exactly what he looks like. If not, what did we lose? You seem to have a problem with JD but the fact is he is THE REASON this team is a perennial contender. Not your beloved manager.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idiotic. Reeks of LAD.

I'm truly stunned.
Is there any thing called self-respect any longer?

We don't need Manny, there are plenty of guys that are low risk.

Would Sabean go after Manny? Cards, name a team you respect
no
Would any GM that cares about fans have this guy put a Rangers uni on?
no

I'm tired about hearing what a genius JD is, I feel like it's been a constant slap in the face since the offseason. I hold out hope that he's up to something and will make us all proud
41 y/o Manny Ramirez
I draw the line there.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm truly stunned.
Is there any thing called self-respect any longer?

We don't need Manny, there are plenty of guys that are low risk.

Would Sabean go after Manny? Cards, name a team you respect
no
Would any GM that cares about fans have this guy put a Rangers uni on?
no

I'm tired about hearing what a genius JD is, I feel like it's been a constant slap in the face since the offseason. I hold out hope that he's up to something and will make us all proud
41 y/o Manny Ramirez
I draw the line there.

It's a minor league contract. There's nothing ventured. Quit whining and see it for what it is. JD has built this Franchise into what it is. A perennial contender. Period.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he can hit, that's exactly what he looks like. If not, what did we lose? You seem to have a problem with JD but the fact is he is THE REASON this team is a perennial contender. Not your beloved manager.

you are the biggest JD homer I have ever seen, if he pulled someone out of their grave, you'd cheer him on.
beloved manager?
try and stay on topic

no GM that respected their fans, nor their team would have this guy put on a Rangers uniform.

you're trying to tell me there aren't other guys that he can gamble on?
Give me a break...you must not think very highly of him
I did.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are the biggest JD homer I have ever seen, if he pulled someone out of their grave, you'd cheer him on.
beloved manager?
try and stay on topic

no GM that respected their fans, nor their team would have this guy put on a Rangers uniform.

you're trying to tell me there aren't other guys that he can gamble on?
Give me a break...you must not think very highly of him
I did.

Quit bitching. It costs the rangers nothing. There's other moves to be made. I don't think this move will reap any benefits to be honest, but I'm objective enough to see that hurts nothing. You're looking for someone to blame as long as that person isn't wash and you picked the most asinine person. The GM that took this franchise from bankrupt to perennial contender. And frankly, you look foolish. Get the fuck over it.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quit bitching. It costs the rangers nothing. There's other moves to be made. I don't think this move will reap any benefits to be honest, but I'm objective enough to see that hurts nothing. You're looking for someone to blame as long as that person isn't wash and you picked the most asinine person. The GM that took this franchise from bankrupt to perennial contender. And frankly, you look foolish. Get the fuck over it.

you still don't get it. It's an embarrassment to this organization to have him suit up at all.

you need to get the fuck over a lot of things....namely any that dares to disagree with you

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you still don't get it. It's an embarrassment to this organization to have him suit up at all.

you need to get the fuck over a lot of things....namely any that dares to disagree with you

Like I said. All I see is pointless bitching from you. Just a bunch of over emotional rants with little or no intelligent thought behind them.