• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers in Seattle for a 4 game Memorial Day weekend set: 5/27-30

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jason Martin getting to start in LF tonight.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:While this one is less odd, given that many pitchers do it, this section gives me an excuse to post a gif of Hans Crouse’s infrequently used shimmy-shake delivery. I love his selective deployment of the delivery alterations that disrupt the opposing hitter’s timing. The guy Crouse did this to had raked against Frisco’s other pitchers, and Crouse’s disruption of his timing did a great job to ensure he did not succeed against him."

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wonder where we are in our re-build.

I think we're definitely on track. Pieces are in place. I think Woody tinkers with the lineup too much. I'd like to see a set order and ride that for a few weeks.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're definitely on track. Pieces are in place. I think Woody tinkers with the lineup too much. I'd like to see a set order and ride that for a few weeks.
You make a good point in a set order for a few weeks. We must find out who can be relied upon to produce runs with some consistency.
Also, we need to establish who will be set position players. Will Jung be at 3rd? Will we draft a SS and displace IKF or will IKF compete for 2B? Who knows? Some of these questions will be answered soon. Just a few thoughts come to mind regarding where we are today.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make a good point in a set order for a few weeks. We must find out who can be relied upon to produce runs with some consistency.
Also, we need to establish who will be set position players. Will Jung be at 3rd? Will we draft a SS and displace IKF or will IKF compete for 2B? Who knows? Some of these questions will be answered soon. Just a few thoughts come to mind regarding where we are today.

We'll certainly have a better idea after the draft, trade deadline, the minor seasons, and obviously the MLB season.

But I think they need to focus on some things. Calhoun/IKF at 1-2. Keep them there and find out if they are top of the order guys. They know Calhoun projects as a full-time DH, so now the question is where does his bat go in the lineup. Give him a shot to be a leadoff hitter. Stick with Garcia at cleanup. I think Lowe and Gallo (and probably Solak too) are interchangeable at 3 and 5 at this point.

Not a fan of running Davis out there (no disrespect to the guy but he's here because we had to jettison Elvis). Lots of guys aren't going to be here in a year or two, but I also don't want to run a lot of kids out there before their time, especially since they got screwed out of proper development years last season. Gonna have to ride some shitty at bats from the likes of guys like Davis and Heim this season, but I'm OK with that.