• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers in Seattle for a 4 game Memorial Day weekend set: 5/27-30

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing both games in Anaheim put the Rangers in last place in the AL West. The M's are in third, but only a game and a half ahead of the Rangers and with a worse run differential. There will be no Gibson this series unfortunately, and the SPs will be Allard, Lyles, Folty, and Yang. Hoping for a good showing from Allard and a bounce back for Yang. The other two... will happen.

In draft news, here's an article from yesterday that has us taking Leiter:

Mock Draft: HS prospects surging up boards

F Kyle Seager.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keith Law has his first mock up today with us taking Lawlar. He says there are two separate rumors about which way the Rangers are leaning. Here is his take.

2. Texas Rangers: Jordan Lawlar, SS, Jesuit College Prep (TX)

I hear two conflicting rumors on Texas. One is that they want someone who can get to the majors fast — Davis or one of the two Vandy arms. The other is that they can’t pass on Lawlar, a local kid with some exceptional tools, and whom team president Jon Daniels is said to have seen in person multiple times.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing both games in Anaheim put the Rangers in last place in the AL West. The M's are in third, but only a game and a half ahead of the Rangers and with a worse run differential. There will be no Gibson this series unfortunately, and the SPs will be Allard, Lyles, Folty, and Yang. Hoping for a good showing from Allard and a bounce back for Yang. The other two... will happen.

In draft news, here's an article from yesterday that has us taking Leiter:

Mock Draft: HS prospects surging up boards

F Kyle Seager.
When that mock first went up last night it was different. They must have posted the wrong one. I like this one better.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keith Law has his first mock up today with us taking Lawlar. He says there are two separate rumors about which way the Rangers are leaning. Here is his take.

2. Texas Rangers: Jordan Lawlar, SS, Jesuit College Prep (TX)

I hear two conflicting rumors on Texas. One is that they want someone who can get to the majors fast — Davis or one of the two Vandy arms. The other is that they can’t pass on Lawlar, a local kid with some exceptional tools, and whom team president Jon Daniels is said to have seen in person multiple times.

Wouldn't every team want someone who can get to the majors fast?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it depends on the projected skill level. In next year's draft there is a high school kid who is supposed to be a once in a decade level talent. In that case, you take the one who would take longer. That is not the case in this draft though.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it depends on the projected skill level. In next year's draft there is a high school kid who is supposed to be a once in a decade level talent. In that case, you take the one who would take longer. That is not the case in this draft though.

Fair point. That just sounded weird to me at first.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't believe in luck, but this team sure seems to have more than their share of injuries to top 30 prospects.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except we have 4 SS in our top 30 with Acosta, Acuna, Tejeda & Seisse and with the exception of possibly Seisse I think they all have a star next to their names and a good future

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except we have 4 SS in our top 30 with Acosta, Acuna, Tejeda & Seisse and with the exception of possibly Seisse I think they all have a star next to their names and a good future
And, there are rumors that they are planning on pursuing a SS in free agency in a few months

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, there are rumors that they are planning on pursuing a SS in free agency in a few months
Sounds like IKF has a short future especially if Jung works out. Not taking in account IKF could compete for second or UIF