• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers 1B hole

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any speculation out there as to who may fill 1B for Texas? Donnie Murphy the rest of the way doesn't seem doable for real life, let alone fantasy. With Morales gone to Minny, I think the Rangers missed an easy fix. Anyone hear anything out on the rumor mill for possible external options?

As for internal options, I see Joey Gallo was promoted to Double-A, but I'd give him a 1% chance to be seen in the majors this year.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for internal options

and apparently Brad Snyder was moved to 1B in Triple-A last night... he's a bomber/K'er, so I guess it's better than Chirinos/Murphy.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any speculation out there as to who may fill 1B for Texas? Donnie Murphy the rest of the way doesn't seem doable for real life, let alone fantasy. With Morales gone to Minny, I think the Rangers missed an easy fix. Anyone hear anything out on the rumor mill for possible external options?

As for internal options, I see Joey Gallo was promoted to Double-A, but I'd give him a 1% chance to be seen in the majors this year.

Rangers are screwed. Wouldn't surprise me to see some sort of trade happen. They missed the boat on Morales. Even if Mitch Moreland were healthy, he's still...Mitch Moreland. :rollseyes:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a piece from the Dallas Morning News that discusses possible answers to the OP's question:
Here are the Rangers' options, both inside and outside the organization, after Mitch Moreland's injury | Dallas Morning News

Excerpt:
"These are the possibilities for first base:— Activate Jim Adduci from the disabled list, if he receives a good medical report on Monday. Adduci re-injured his right pinkie finger while playing first base on injury-rehabilitation assignment with Triple-A Round Rock on Saturday night and fears the digit may be broken.
— Bring back catcher J.P. Arencibia from Round Rock and alternate Chirinos and Gimenez between catcher and first base. Having Arencibia would allow Washington to use Chirinos and Gimenez at the same time.
— Give Brad Snyder a crash course in the art of first base. Snyder is hitting .289 with 18 homers, 51 RBIs and a .939 OPS in his eighth season at Triple-A, but he has appeared at first base once in a 12-year career. He debuted there on Sunday with Round Rock.
— Check a thin market.
According to several major-league officials, Pittsburgh’s Gaby Sanchez, Washington minor-leaguer Tyler Moore, Kelly Johnson of the New York Yankees and Philadelphia’s John Mayberry Jr., a former Rangers first-round draft choice, are available.
No one will help out the Rangers with a cut-rate deal."