• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 2.1

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only a true White Sox fan would scribe such a hilarious, yet sensible article:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have tickets in hand.

Will probably be only one in stadium (along with family) with masks on is my guess...BUT I'M GOIN BABY.
Tonite's game? If so, lucky you, Lynn is starting.

My tix are for the Red Sox game on 9/11 which my nephew got for me. No doubt there will be a tribute, along with a moment of silence with respect to that fateful date from 20 years ago.

And no, I won't be wearing a mask - fully vaxxed baby!!!

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonite's game? If so, lucky you, Lynn is starting.

My tix are for the Red Sox game on 9/11 which my nephew got for me. No doubt there will be a tribute, along with a moment of silence with respect to that fateful date from 20 years ago.

And no, I won't be wearing a mask - fully vaxxed baby!!!

Saturday...I'm in Florida! Looks like Keuchel for us. Wifey and I are fully vaxxed, but the kiddos aren't...My eldest is 13 now and needs an appt which was supposed to be this weekend...but dad pulled rank on that for a baseball game...My youngest can't get one yet...so I'm not gonna make them wear while I won't...We roll together.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saturday...I'm in Florida! Looks like Keuchel for us. Wifey and I are fully vaxxed, but the kiddos aren't...My eldest is 13 now and needs an appt which was supposed to be this weekend...but dad pulled rank on that for a baseball game...My youngest can't get one yet...so I'm not gonna make them wear while I won't...We roll together.
I remember you saying you live in Florida, but I thought you might be up there in Chitown on vacay or something. Damn Rays, can never figure them out. On paper you wouldn't think that much of them. Hell, I didn't even have them making the playoffs this year, yet here they are with the best record in the AL and third best in all of baseball. Quite possibly the best run organization in just about all of team sports, in particular when considering their annual miserly payroll.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My family: "Meh, I don't want to get there early for some stupid bobblehead...It's not even a White Sox...Who is Tyler Glasnow?!?"

Me: "Silence family...We get there when the doors open." - while planning to send said Bobbleheads away for rating and posting about it for @ChiSoxFan

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My family: "Meh, I don't want to get there early for some stupid bobblehead...It's not even a White Sox...Who is Tyler Glasnow?!?"

Me: "Silence family...We get there when the doors open." - while planning to send said Bobbleheads away for rating and posting about it for @ChiSoxFan
You better run on the field.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You better run on the field.

I haven't seen a Chicago team (that I like) win a professional sports event in-person this century....Bears since 2000: 0-4 White Sox since 2000: 0-8 Bulls since 2000: 0-3. 0-15 in total.

(To clarify "that I like" I did go to two games Cubs/Marlins (Games 4 and 5) of the Bartman NLCS...Cubs won 4. So 1-1 there.)

We're f*cked Saturday. Better win the bookends if we want to take this upcoming series.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen a Chicago team (that I like) win a professional sports event in-person this century....Bears since 2000: 0-4 White Sox since 2000: 0-8 Bulls since 2000: 0-3. 0-15 in total.

(To clarify "that I like" I did go to two games Cubs/Marlins (Games 4 and 5) of the Bartman NLCS...Cubs won 4. So 1-1 there.)

We're f*cked Saturday. Better win the bookends if we want to take this upcoming series.
Every run of luck - good and bad - has to come to end sometime. I'm rooting for you.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Every run of luck - good and bad - has to come to end sometime. I'm rooting for you.
I'm pulling for you too Jidster. No doubt Saturday's pitching matchup, Patino v Keuchel, seems to favor the kid (he seems to love pitching in that empty stadium), but Dallas turned in some solid innings after getting off to a so-so start. He needs to focus on those first couple of innings.

I'll always have fond memories of the '73 season. I was still living in the Chitown area that year and managed to attend 10 ballgames, including a doubleheader. The Sox won all 10.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man...I hope you guys are right. I've seen some doozies of losses in this stretch...From Parkey missing a game-winning kick in Miami...to the Bears losing to Weather (Just realized this was in 99, not this century, but close enough)...to Billy Koch destroying my 4th of July...to Shaq/Wade dunking the Bulls in the playoffs. It's been a sh*t run.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man...I hope you guys are right. I've seen some doozies of losses in this stretch...From Parkey missing a game-winning kick in Miami...to the Bears losing to Weather (Just realized this was in 99, not this century, but close enough)...to Billy Koch destroying my 4th of July...to Shaq/Wade dunking the Bulls in the playoffs. It's been a sh*t run.
maybe you should change your loyalties? :rain:

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just dawned on me that I might have the opportunity to see a White Sox playoff game in-person if they end up facing the Rays...something I have never experienced. (also never experienced a Bears playoff game in-person...have been lucky enough to see 2 Bulls playoffs games in-person...One in the 72 win season vs. the Knicks...then one down here in Miami vs Shaq/Wade).

Might have to cash in on that opportunity...

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
random thought. is everyone aware that for the last 34 games the sox, while building that big al central lead has played .500 ball?
not encouraged.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
random thought. is everyone aware that for the last 34 games the sox, while building that big al central lead has played .500 ball?
not encouraged.
Warned you guys way back in ST that the 2nd half was gonna be a lot tougher than the 1st.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the Sox just executed what in Hockey would be a line shift - playing 500 ball at this stage is not ideal and not a death knell.

Right now the Yankees are the hottest team in baseball - they are coming from behind, but based on baseball history - they will cool off some before the end of September. The 2005 world champions a had terrible 40 game stretch they didn't pull out of until the week before the playoffs.

Baseball is a dynamic sport where emotions, technique and focus can come and go individually and collectively in the fortunes of the team.

I suspect Tony La Russa will make a run for the #1 seed and that would be sweet.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The waaaaaaaaaaaaay too early 2022 Sox Spring Training schedule:

The Mrs and I are planning a x-country mega trip early next Spring, and it's my wish and expectation that the vaycay kicks off with a visit to Camelback Ranch. Not sure at this point exactly when we're heading out, but it's likely to be early March, so there are 3 midweek dates which intrigue me. 3/1 against the Royals, 3/3 against the Reds, 3/8 against the Rangers, altho this one will be a split squad game. For us, when attending any ST game, there are two important criteria which much be met. (1) it has to be a game during the week and (2) it has to be against an opponent that does not have a large fan base in AZ. The reason for both of these is quite simple. Fewer tickets are sold, subsequently better seats are made available. In fact, it's not unusual to pay for lesser priced seats, then make our way to the higher priced ones due to the lack of crowd, plus the ushers never check your tix anyway.

I usually avoid selecting a game in which the Sox are splitting the roster to play two games, such as the one against the Rangers. Normally, I wouldn't consider it, but the date might end up being closer to the start of our trip, so at this point I can't rule it out. In any event, for those who give a rat's ass about Spring Training and whether I go to one of the games, here it is.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the broadcast last night - the Sox guys commented that since "June 1st - the White Sox have led the majors in home runs." I don't know if they were correct because the first thing I thought was he must have meant July 1. At any rate - the White Sox are now hitting HRs on the pace they hit them in 2020, but not how the Sox had to play to get out in front of the division this year.

Jimenez and Robert - both look to be in 100% great physical condition - and they really looked great at the plate. Personally, I'm waiting for the moment with Eloy shows up at the plate with the top three buttons undone. Jimenez seems to be playing LF well enough to hold off the critics.

I like Cesar Hernandez and I'm sure his teammates like him too because he takes up no media oxygen - and crowds no one the the TV camera frame. It's like he is invisible. He's out there everyday doing what he's told. Glad to see a guy on the roster who can lay done a very good bunt and is fast enough to beat it out.

I'm just amazed - every day in and day out - Jose Abreu has a remarkable impact on the game - at the plate and in the field. The Sox are blessed to have this guy around to set the example. I think on the @idseer complaint meter - Abreu has the fewest complaints - which is a relief all on its own in this forum.

I'm glad - as the story is told - that Hendriks' wife - noticed that he has been pitch tipping all season long. All fixed now. My question is - why didn't the White Sox notice this - they are staring at the guy from the dugout - they have every thing he throws video taped? This sounds like one of those things where we will get the "real" story in the Book or books written about this Sox season later on.

Jake Burger is playing 3rd and 2nd base in AAA now that he is back from the injured list. What the White Sox do with 2nd base next season will be interesting. I think Hernandez is proving worth the $6 million for next year, but we will see how that plays out. The fact that Burger is playing 2nd and 3rd should not go unnoticed by Moncada or Hernandez.

Sheets - is tearing it up in AAA since his return- just raining HRs and Doubles and multi-hit games.