• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 2.1

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This forum is the black hole of Calcutta for positive thinkers. ;)
As a whole, White Sox fans are really bitchy right now. Which is kind of startling, given everything we have gone through to get to a point where we had the division all but locked away in early August.

I mean, I guess it makes sense. 2-3 years ago. Most fans mocked the idea that we did the right thing by trading away "established players" (most of which are irrelevant now) for "prospects". That it would never work out, etc. Now those same fans are bitching and moaning after it did work out about the next step in the process. *COUGH* Jiddy *COUGH* Iddy *COUGH* Others who escape my memory.

I remember I made a thread a few years back saying some here wouldn't deserve to celebrate a title when we became good in the 20's. I got laughed at by that crowd. I wish I could find it now, but I can't. lol

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a whole, White Sox fans are really bitchy right now. Which is kind of startling, given everything we have gone through to get to a point where we had the division all but locked away in early August.

I mean, I guess it makes sense. 2-3 years ago. Most fans mocked the idea that we did the right thing by trading away "established players" (most of which are irrelevant now) for "prospects". That it would never work out, etc. Now those same fans are bitching and moaning after it did work out about the next step in the process. *COUGH* Jiddy *COUGH* Iddy *COUGH* Others who escape my memory.

I remember I made a thread a few years back saying some here wouldn't deserve to celebrate a title when we became good in the 20's. I got laughed at by that crowd. I wish I could find it now, but I can't. lol

I'm bitching and moaning this season? If you say so.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankees are on a tear...Must be nice to have a decades' worth of big White Sox pickups over a couple days at the trade deadline.

But they don't have Dallas Keuchel's beard.

Advantage: Sox.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of the AL East. It blows my mind that we've made huge pickups, hit on multiple youth players, had our division fall apart around us....and the Red Sox-who I was told should be sh*t on a stick now that we raked 'em for the Sale trade-are right there with us record-wise while playing a large amount of their schedule vs the Rays/Yanks/Blue Jays. Some things never change. Sh*t ain't fair yo.

Hopefully we kick their ass again like 2005 come playoff time.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Crochet is sporting a piano player at the whorehouse moustache these days.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Intangibles is back officially.

Ain't gonna lie...I missed him after watching Collins play a lot. Dude is just...bad.

Let's see what this team can do at full strength.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RE: Our lineup now that it's full strength

My gut is this is what I'd like to see:

TA
Robert
Captain Lou
Eloy
Moncada
Grandal
Vaughn
Platoon (Leury/Goodwin/Sheets/etc)
Hernandez (for the turn back to TA...I didn't mind him at the 2 spot...but Robert is just too talented not to put up there)

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Sept 1st is when the rosters are expanded to 28. I also think that for one day only we'll have the roster at 29, being two of those five games against Cleveland will be a DH, and the league allows an extra body for those. So for those two additonal openings, who will the Sox call up? I see 5 realistic candidates:

Zack Collins
Danny Mendick
Gavin Sheets
Jake Burger
Matt Foster

Foster's the only pitcher I have listed here and my guess is he'll be the one called up for that DH. As to the other two spots which will be there all month long, I'd love to see Sheets and Burger get the respective nods, but it wouldn't shock me if it was Collins and Mendick. Collins brings that 3rd catcher alternative, along with a lefty bat, even if said bat is shitty, while Mendick always fills in well at 2b, SS, and 3b.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Sept 1st is when the rosters are expanded to 28. I also think that for one day only we'll have the roster at 29, being two of those five games against Cleveland will be a DH, and the league allows an extra body for those. So for those two additonal openings, who will the Sox call up? I see 5 realistic candidates:

Zack Collins
Danny Mendick
Gavin Sheets
Jake Burger
Matt Foster

Foster's the only pitcher I have listed here and my guess is he'll be the one called up for that DH. As to the other two spots which will be there all month long, I'd love to see Sheets and Burger get the respective nods, but it wouldn't shock me if it was Collins and Mendick. Collins brings that 3rd catcher alternative, along with a lefty bat, even if said bat is shitty, while Mendick always fills in well at 2b, SS, and 3b.
sheets & burger.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sheets has an automatic seat on the bench because the White Sox are still vulnerable to right handed pitching.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sheets & burger.
Sheets has an automatic seat on the bench because the White Sox are still vulnerable to right handed pitching.
I'm in full agreement, Sheets is the first name I think of when discussing the additions to the Sept roster. The only thing is Hahn agreeing with us as well?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should be the Sox rotation for the rest of the season:

1. Lynn
2. Rodon
3. Giolito
4. Cease
5. Lopez

TLR will have to do a little maneuvering to get the above in that specific order. Gio and Rodon can be switched if needed, but I like Cease at the 4 spot and Lopez has earned the right to finish the year in the rotation. We'll only go with 4 starters max in the playoffs, so he'll return to the pen at that time.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I recall getting somewhat chastised in here for suggesting that the Padres trade for Adam Frazier seemed to be pretty much for the sake of trading, being they were already set with the underrated Jake Cronenworth at the corner. I suspect it was because Frazier was a desired subject of trade wishes by some in here. Well, since he joined the Friars, Frazier been batting a paltry .227 with an equally paltry .540 OPS.

When it comes to projections on opinions, sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you. So far, that bear is tasting pretty good.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I recall getting somewhat chastised in here for suggesting that the Padres trade for Adam Frazier seemed to be pretty much for the sake of trading, being they were already set with the underrated Jake Cronenworth at the corner. I suspect it was because Frazier was a desired subject of trade wishes by some in here. Well, since he joined the Friars, Frazier been batting a paltry .227 with an equally paltry .540 OPS.

When it comes to projections on opinions, sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you. So far, that bear is tasting pretty good.

You want a butt pat? Fine. *butt pat*

Speaking of eating Bears...Aaron Donald is about to eat a Ginger Bear. My sadness cannot be quantified thinking about it.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want a butt pat? Fine. *butt pat*

Speaking of eating Bears...Aaron Donald is about to eat a Ginger Bear. My sadness cannot be quantified thinking about it.
#1, thanks for the butt pat, but I'm not sure why you left your hand on there for several seconds.
#2, Aaron Donald is just one of several reasons why I'm 100% for Fields not starting Sunday night, altho I trust Nagy will have some plays for him at some point in the game.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1, thanks for the butt pat, but I'm not sure why you left your hand on there for several seconds.
#2, Aaron Donald is just one of several reasons why I'm 100% for Fields not starting Sunday night, altho I trust Nagy will have some plays for him at some point in the game.

You know...I ran across something interesting that was relevant to your #2:

Not a huge fan of that guy/blog...but point taken.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no idea the Angels placed Jose Quintana on waivers. The Giants picked him up. I wouldn't have minded taking a flier on Jose and putting him the pen.