• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 2.1

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the broadcast last night - the Sox guys commented that since "June 1st - the White Sox have led the majors in home runs." I don't know if they were correct because the first thing I thought was he must have meant July 1. At any rate - the White Sox are now hitting HRs on the pace they hit them in 2020, but not how the Sox had to play to get out in front of the division this year.

Jimenez and Robert - both look to be in 100% great physical condition - and they really looked great at the plate. Personally, I'm waiting for the moment with Eloy shows up at the plate with the top three buttons undone. Jimenez seems to be playing LF well enough to hold off the critics.

I like Cesar Hernandez and I'm sure his teammates like him too because he takes up no media oxygen - and crowds no one the the TV camera frame. It's like he is invisible. He's out there everyday doing what he's told. Glad to see a guy on the roster who can lay done a very good bunt and is fast enough to beat it out.

I'm just amazed - every day in and day out - Jose Abreu has a remarkable impact on the game - at the plate and in the field. The Sox are blessed to have this guy around to set the example. I think on the @idseer complaint meter - Abreu has the fewest complaints - which is a relief all on its own in this forum.

I'm glad - as the story is told - that Hendriks' wife - noticed that he has been pitch tipping all season long. All fixed now. My question is - why didn't the White Sox notice this - they are staring at the guy from the dugout - they have every thing he throws video taped? This sounds like one of those things where we will get the "real" story in the Book or books written about this Sox season later on.

Jake Burger is playing 3rd and 2nd base in AAA now that he is back from the injured list. What the White Sox do with 2nd base next season will be interesting. I think Hernandez is proving worth the $6 million for next year, but we will see how that plays out. The fact that Burger is playing 2nd and 3rd should not go unnoticed by Moncada or Hernandez.

Sheets - is tearing it up in AAA since his return- just raining HRs and Doubles and multi-hit games.

If we win it all, I want Hendriks' wife up there singin' Don't Stop Believing in Grant Park.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have solved the White Sox players up and down first gesture after a hit mystery. It is a Tim Anderson created thing. Apparently - the gesture has been used in baseball to indicate to fielders to come in for batting practice. For Anderson - batting is a chance to "hit them with a stick." White Sox players make the gesture to indicate they are going to "beat them with the stick."

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are not seeing how important Timmy Anderson is to the White Sox offense - wake the F up!

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are not seeing how important Timmy Anderson is to the White Sox offense - wake the F up!

I like to refer to him as Ol' Tired Legs now....

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tshk tshk

Come on now Tired Legs...We gotta lead off here a baseball game!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all agree that at least by his standards, Pito has had a somewhat subpar season in a key number of statistical categories. For instance, he's nowhere near the leaders in such noted stats as BA, OPS, Slugging, and WAR. Yet for what could be the 3rd consecutive season, the man is seeking yet another RBI title. You'd have to go back to the '90-'92 seasons to find the last player to lead his league in ribs for 3 straight years (I'll let you guys figure it out who that was). And it's pretty much guaranteed that even if he doesn't win this season's title, his 3 year total will be the highest in the Majors regardless. Now that's impressive by anyone's standards.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seby Zavala seems to have pissed off TLR for not looking for a sign from the dugout on a 3-0 count that was converted into a came winning HR against Lynn. Zavala got a dressing down in front of his teammates when he returned to the dugout at the end of the inning. The other problem is Zavala has passed balls at an alarming rate.

All of a sudden - it looks like Collins might just survive again.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all agree that at least by his standards, Pito has had a somewhat subpar season in a key number of statistical categories. For instance, he's nowhere near the leaders in such noted stats as BA, OPS, Slugging, and WAR. Yet for for what could be the 3rd consecutive season, the man is seeking yet another RBI title. You'd have to go back to the '90-'92 seasons to find the last player to lead his league in ribs for 3 straight years (I'll let you guys figure it out who that was). And it's pretty much guaranteed that even if he doesn't win this season's title, his 3 year total will be the highest in the Majors regardless. Now that's impressive by anyone's standards.
To be fair to Abreu - he did not have Jimenez and Robert in the lineup protecting him from being pitched around for most of this season.

He is a wonder for RBIs. It's my favorite stat - so I defend it against scurrilous and slanderous insinuations that it is a meaningless stat.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair to Abreu - he did not have Jimenez and Robert in the lineup protecting him from being pitched around for most of this season.

He is a wonder for RBIs. It's my favorite stat - so I defend it against scurrilous and slanderous insinuations that it is a meaningless stat.
It's the Big Hurt's favorite stat, so you're in good company.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all agree that at least by his standards, Pito has had a somewhat subpar season in a key number of statistical categories. For instance, he's nowhere near the leaders in such noted stats as BA, OPS, Slugging, and WAR. Yet for what could be the 3rd consecutive season, the man is seeking yet another RBI title. You'd have to go back to the '90-'92 seasons to find the last player to lead his league in ribs for 3 straight years (I'll let you guys figure it out who that was). And it's pretty much guaranteed that even if he doesn't win this season's title, his 3 year total will be the highest in the Majors regardless. Now that's impressive by anyone's standards.
truth is he went thru a bad stretch in june where he only had 8 rbi's. the least he's had in every other month is 15 in august ... which isn't over yet. i clearly remember agonizing over his penchant for swinging for strike 3 two feet outside and in the dirt in june. with a normal june he'd have 111 rbi's now.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the playoffs were today..........

We'd be visiting Houston. As daunting as that looks, I think at this moment in time, I'd opt for them as opposed to facing the league leading Rays or the hottest team in baseball, the Yankees (of course this is assuming the Yanks would win their one game playoff against the current #2 WC team, the Red Sox).

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our magic number is Leury Garcia boys.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the playoffs were today..........

We'd be visiting Houston. As daunting as that looks, I think at this moment in time, I'd opt for them as opposed to facing the league leading Rays or the hottest team in baseball, the Yankees (of course this is assuming the Yanks would win their one game playoff against the current #2 WC team, the Red Sox).
I think the Sox match best against the A's - Rays - then the Astros and worst against the Yankees.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dead last boys.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dead last boys.

LOL - At least the rebuild worked - just think if we went through all that -were still no good, but had the 30th ranked minor league system.

Actually- it is not that bad. The Sox have Burger, Sheets and Cespedes all ready for the MLB roster next year and no openings for them outside of RF. One of those guys could be traded for some good talent - a little further away from the bigs.

I suspect the Sox will be rotating the DH if TLR is the manager still.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After today, the Sox have 33 games remaining. While the worst is behind us, those remaining contests still contain some pretty tough opponents, including a 5 game series at Cleveland. Regardless of the standings between us, you know they're gonna give it their all to try and win those games, even if they're mathematically eliminated by the time we face them. Taking away the Cleveland series for the moment:

*Of the other 28 games, 20 of them are against teams under .500.
*Back to the remaining 33.....16 games are at home, 17 on the road, and 11 of those 17 roadies are in a single stretch. Dayum!!!
*We still have 14 games remaining against our own division, 11 of which will be on the road. Dayum #2!!!
*The next 5 games will be the easiest batch for the rest of the season. 3 against the Cubs, 2 against the Pirates, all at home. We should sweep all 5, but we damn well better take at least 4 of them.