• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 2.1

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Good Guys having off today, now's a good time for the way-too-early predictions as to who won't be on the roster next year:

*Leury Garcia - Personally, I think this is a no-brainer. The man is a FA after this season and while his numbers are down from recent years past, he still brings incredible value with his multi-positional play and a switch bat.
*Zack Collins - Altho he's locked up thru '26, I have him tagged as an odd man out, likely via trade. He's an underperformer in the only 3 spots he can justify - C, 3B, 1B - all of which are crowded.
*Carlos Rodon - Free agent + having a monster year (assuming his latest injury doesn't derail the rest of his season) + his agent is Scott Boras = he gone.
*Evan Marshall - This is a toughie, being he's under control for another year. But after two previous outstanding seasons with the Good Guys as a key reliever, he's taken a huge step backwards in '21.
*Jake Lamb - A FA next season. Had a couple splashy moments here and there, but with a crowded roster, does he really have a place on the team?

Other possibles:

*Billy Hamilton - Love the defense, enthusiasm and surprisingly effective bat at times this man brings, but he's injured a lot and we're deep with OFers. And he's a FA in '22 to boot. Like to find a way of keeping him around.
*Danny Mendick - His might be more of a case of simply not making the parent roster, but available all season long in AAA should the need arise, which I'd label as all but definitely.
*Jimmy Lambert - Under control thru '25, but the man cannot stay healthy. We could be looking at trade bait here.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me correct one faux pas with respect to Collins with respect to his play. I said three spots were too crowded for him to make any headway, C, 3B, 1B. That should have been C, DH, 1B. Not sure why I put down 3B. Anyway, corrected now.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an interesting little stat from Fansided that I would have never guessed in a bazillion years:

Over the last 30 days, the White Sox are tied with the Cincinnati Reds atop the majors with 45 homers. Jose Abreu leads the team with 23 homers, yet eight of those have come during the second half of the season.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an interesting little stat from Fansided that I would have never guessed in a bazillion years:

Over the last 30 days, the White Sox are tied with the Cincinnati Reds atop the majors with 45 homers. Jose Abreu leads the team with 23 homers, yet eight of those have come during the second half of the season.
Mind blown - what a strange and beautiful season this is unfolding.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how do you call this game fair when every umpire has a different idea of where the strike zone is and NONE of them actually know? i'm under the impression that they get maybe 70% of the calls right. what good is that?
bring the freaking game into the 21st century!

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i often read/hear that the sox have an extrordinary bullpen with almost every guy able to come in and throw 96-98 sometime touching 100. but as i've watched these games, it seems the sox are NOT unique in this. the yankees have as much or more in velocity from their bp arms. and so does minnesota, and so do others. anyone else annoyed that our commentators regularly blow smoke up our collective asses?

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i often read/hear that the sox have an extrordinary bullpen with almost every guy able to come in and throw 96-98 sometime touching 100. but as i've watched these games, it seems the sox are NOT unique in this. the yankees have as much or more in velocity from their bp arms. and so does minnesota, and so do others. anyone else annoyed that our commentators regularly blow smoke up our collective asses?
As always…We’re not on an island. Lotta good teams. Hell…These Yankees were average byy bada bing bada boom no problemo with all star pickups at the deadline. Just what it is…

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I'm a Sox diehard and yes I do indulge in a nice glass of kool aid now and then. But from a purely neutral standpoint, until we can consistently beat teams with winning records or at the very least once in a while take a series from them, my hopes for a deep postseason run continue to wane.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least not all Sox news was of the dire nature today:

Also - Norge Vera - has finally thrown a pitch for the Sox in the DR league. 1 inning pitched - struck out the side. Vera is very likely the best pitching prospect furthest along ahead of the kids in A ball.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And boy, what a shame to lose two games to the stinking Yanks, especially when the Sox faithful have been filling those seats. More than 78k for the two game set.

On a more personal note, which will probably be TMI for you guys, I've been firming up my upcoming trip to the Chitown area with respect to my **gulp** 50th high school reunion. My nephew who is....get this...a diehard Cubs fan (poor fool) was kind enough to get us Sox tix for the 9/11 game against the Red Sox. Would be just my luck that Sale pitches against us that evening. But in any event, so happy that I'll be able to catch at least one game while I'm in town.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibility of seeing White Sox this weekend is falling rapidly because of stupid COVID...Sigh.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be surprised if you find out the Sox have dropped in BBA's opinion to the bottom of the minor league talent list - #30 our of #30.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be surprised if you find out the Sox have dropped in BBA's opinion to the bottom of the minor league talent list - #30 our of #30.
No Sox fan who even if only occasionally follows our farm clubs should not be surprised at all. It's been known for some time that our prospect talent pool was extremely top heavy. Once the cream of the crop graduated, there was little left, at least not for immediate help. We have some high schoolers who might make names for themselves in the next few years. But until then, it's free agents and the waiver wires for any upgrades.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must of missed this somewhere, but when the Sox get a base hit - the first thing they do on base is pump their fists together in an up and down motion while looking back to the dugout. Does anyone know what this tradition means, or why the Sox players do this?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must of missed this somewhere, but when the Sox get a base hit - the first thing they do on base is pump their fists together in an up and down motion while looking back to the dugout. Does anyone know what this tradition means, or why the Sox players do this?
Been wondering that myself. It seems each team has its own little style when getting on base. I suspect it was Timmay tho who started it for our club.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibility of seeing White Sox this weekend is falling rapidly because of stupid COVID...Sigh.

Have tickets in hand.

Will probably be only one in stadium (along with family) with masks on is my guess...BUT I'M GOIN BABY.