• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 2.1

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some quick random thoughts prior to today's game:

*The Sox are going for their 4th series sweep against the Cubbies since the advent of interleague play, last having accomplished this back in 2012.
*No one is expecting Cesar Hernandez to match our dearly departed Nick Madrigal at plate efficiency, but what he has done in less than a week is equal Nick's HR total during the latter's entire tenure with the Sox.
*Hendriks has nicknamed Kopech, Kimbrel, and himself as the Ponytail Trio.
*Luis Robert could possibly join the roster as early as the upcoming Twins series, but at the latest should suited up by the following series against the Yankees and the Field of Dreams game.
*Cease has no doubt been hot-n-cold this year, yet a solid batch of Ks in today's game could vault him into the top 6 or 7 in the Majors with respect to SOs.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My early vote on the Cesar Hernandez acquisition - is grade A. Hernandez doesn't hog any lime light, but he has some impact on every game he plays.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing the end of August, but that's strictly a guess only. I really don't have a clue.
At full strength this team should be able to score more to keep up with the great pitching. The playoffs are a crapshoot always but they have as good a chance as any other team and better than some.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is Grandal due back?
Grandal is already running the bases in practice. He might be two weeks away. They are still trying to decide if Grandal needs a rehab assignment or not.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect Robert's return will eliminate any rotations into playing CF for the Sox. Engel, Hamilton, Brian Goodman, L. Garcia and Gavin Sheets will have to share RF - while JImenez and Vaughn share LF.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect Robert's return will eliminate any rotations into playing CF for the Sox. Engel, Hamilton, Brian Goodman, L. Garcia and Gavin Sheets will have to share RF - while JImenez and Vaughn share LF.

Sheets is probably the odd man out in that situation. His pt is probably gonna be nil or close to it.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grandal is already running the bases in practice. He might be two weeks away. They are still trying to decide if Grandal needs a rehab assignment or not.

My condolences to the Collins family. May he RIP in his new uniform.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hope you are wrong. i'd like a starting outfield of vaughn, robert and engel with no rotations at all! eloy should not be in the outfield imo.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hope you are wrong. i'd like a starting outfield of vaughn, robert and engel with no rotations at all! eloy should not be in the outfield imo.
I agree that would be the current "A" list for a white sox outfield.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My guess is the absolute earliest our team/coaches will consider making Eloy a full-time DH is when Abreu is no longer on the team...but I would actually bet longer than that.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is the absolute earliest our team/coaches will consider making Eloy a full-time DH is when Abreu is no longer on the team...but I would actually bet longer than that.
but abreu isn't the dh :scratch:
and i presume he'll continue at first base since he's now a real asset there.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but abreu isn't the dh :scratch:
and i presume he'll continue at first base since he's now a real asset there.
if eloy stay in left then who's the dh? vaughn? there's no where else for vaughn to play and i assure you he will play! since vaughn is a better left fielder then why the hell would eloy stay there? to keep him happy? somehow i don't think tlr cares about that.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say - now is not the time to pick a fight with Eloy over LF. Eloy needs to be in his happy place frame of mind. You don't waste a 10 game lead going into august by picking a fight with your best power hitter. After the season is another story all together.

I have two observations about Eloy - it's selfish for him to require he play in the field and secondly - he actually seems to have learned something about playing the outfield down on his rehab assignment. Eloy looks to be in top shape and he goes after balls in the field under control since his return. In a sense he is fighting for his job - and notices the competition. If you want to go back to Old School baseball rules - Jimenez should be allowed to return to his former position after an injury.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say - now is not the time to pick a fight with Eloy over LF. Eloy needs to be in his happy place frame of mind. You don't waste a 10 game lead going into august by picking a fight with your best power hitter. After the season is another story all together.

I have two observations about Eloy - it's selfish for him to require he play in the field and secondly - he actually seems to have learned something about playing the outfield down on his rehab assignment. Eloy looks to be in top shape and he goes after balls in the field under control since his return. In a sense he is fighting for his job - and notices the competition. If you want to go back to Old School baseball rules - Jimenez should be allowed to return to his former position after an injury.
that's no rule!!! :nono:

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eloy in left and vaughn dh is like arod at 3rd and jeter at short. salving a jerk player (jeter) does more harm than good.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Excellent summation. And I agree that it is being a little selfish on Eloy's part to insist he should be out there in left when he is without question the worst OFer on the team. But I also agree that he seems to have learned something during his absence, because I have to admit he's playing the position much better - at least by his standards, which of course is a very low bar to set. And it does seem that we now have an embarrassment of riches when it comes to outfield depth and talent. I seem to recall in recent memory when the OF was perhaps our weakest defensive unit.