• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 2.1

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of Nelson Cruz in Tampa. That guy always hits us well and Tampa is a likely postseason opponent.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap, did anyone see this coming???????

he's ba-a-ack!

ok i don't think this nut case is going to help us. TRADE HIM!

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland Guardians happened. I look forward to "Sox now undefeated all-time vs. Cleveland Guardians" post.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland Guardians happened. I look forward to "Sox now undefeated all-time vs. Cleveland Guardians" post.
I get that they thought going back to their old name the Spiders was too icky, but with how big Spider Man is now they are leaving easy marketing on the table

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we draw closer to the trade deadline:

*Wow, if the Twins are legitimately shopping both Buxton and Berrios, if those trades go thru, they'll be entering the Dark Ages for a number of years.
*Looks like the Friars are or already have closed in on a trade for Frazier. It's getting to the point where they seem to be trading just for trading's sake. And yet they're still mired in 3rd place in the NL Central.
*Will the Cubs empty their cupboard?
*I'm fine if Hahn stands pat, but I think we could use some fortification in the pen. If we have to go for a positional player, Eduardo Escobar would make for a nice fit and as a rental, shouldn't cost much in trade capital.
*Amazing that despite some seriously mediocre play of late by our boyz, we still own a 9 game lead over the equally inept Guardians (gonna be tough getting use to that new moniker).

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we draw closer to the trade deadline:

*Wow, if the Twins are legitimately shopping both Buxton and Berrios, if those trades go thru, they'll be entering the Dark Ages for a number of years.
If they're smart that's exactly what they do...bottom out hard and collect prospects just like the Sox did 4-5 years ago. Build for 3 years and then you're good enough to sign a couple FAs and compete.
*Looks like the Friars are or already have closed in on a trade for Frazier. It's getting to the point where they seem to be trading just for trading's sake.
Um, no, he helps them
And yet they're still mired in 3rd place in the NL Central.
'Mired'? They are a lock for a wild card (looks like the NLWest is getting 3 teams in the playoffs) and still very much in the hunt for that division
*Will the Cubs empty their cupboard?
They should too, see above
*I'm fine if Hahn stands pat, but I think we could use some fortification in the pen. If we have to go for a positional player, Eduardo Escobar would make for a nice fit and as a rental, shouldn't cost much in trade capital.
Trevor Story? I don't care if they deal good prospects, this is the window and this is where you go for it.
*Amazing that despite some seriously mediocre play of late by our boyz, we still own a 9 game lead over the equally inept Guardians (gonna be tough getting use to that new moniker).
That is a dumb name but like everything we'll get used to it. It's good that the ALCentral sucks except the Sox, but it also means they maybe won't be as sharp in the playoffs as the teams that had to fight for it

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...The Story guy fits...I'm also hearing Whit Merrifield...I'm sure we're kicking the tires. It's about what we have to give up. I guess we'll see. I actually expect us to do nothing because teams always overpay and that'll push us out.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the least - the Sox need a reliable 7-8th inning set up man. Bummer and Heuer have been so iffy.

This next month really isn't about winning - as much as it will be about getting the starters ready to be at their best come playoff time. Eloy - Robert and Grandal will all have to take their ABs to get ready and sharp. We should see an entirely different team play in the playoffs than played during the regular season.

I think Jake Burger is the most likely talent to sweeten a trade deal - for two reasons - 1) his injury history - 2) he has not real spot in the lineup. If so, please trade him to the NL.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How good are White Sox player evaluations?

All the way up to the majors - even from his college scouting - the word was Vaughn doesn't really have a position on the field - maybe 1st base - but basically DH. Then Andrew Vaughn gets to the Major Leagues and goes out and plays LF - like a seasoned pro - then they threw him over to RF (made an error) - and last night he got to play 2nd base (where he caught two pop ups and assisted in a double play with a scoop toss to TA no less. It turns out he plays all the positions - and he was the Sox's best hitter for the entire month of July. I just love this guy - Andrew Vaughn!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, no, he helps them

'Mired'? They are a lock for a wild card (looks like the NLWest is getting 3 teams in the playoffs) and still very much in the hunt for that division
Too lazy to respond to each of your responses to my previous post. The reason I thought the Padres might be overdoing it is because while I agree that Frazier could help them, they're now a bit crowded at the 2b-1b spot to the point they're now possibly looking to trade Hosmer so that Jake Cronenworth can slide over to 1st - otherwise, what are you going to do with him? He's not exactly chopped liver, he's a very decent stick and glove.

And yes, 3rd place in the NL West at this point is still making the playoffs, but you're just one screw up game from waiting for 2022. That's a mighty thin line IMO.

Now you may not agree with my line of reasoning, but hopefully you can understand why I said this.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to take care of the Indi....oops, Guardians....these next two games to continue putting distance between our two clubs. And in checking the upcoming schedule, we have an opportunity to build up some wins, as we have 3 game sets against the Royals, Cubs, and Twins. We better take care of business here because after those three, the schedule gets much tougher when we face the likes of the Yankees, A's, Rays, and Jays. That's a load right there.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to take care of the Indi....oops, Guardians....these next two games to continue putting distance between our two clubs. And in checking the upcoming schedule, we have an opportunity to build up some wins, as we have 3 game sets against the Royals, Cubs, and Twins. We better take care of business here because after those three, the schedule gets much tougher when we face the likes of the Yankees, A's, Rays, and Jays. That's a load right there.
Solid rhyme too

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm I a bad person?

My first thought about liberating Cuba is that would be good for White Sox baseball. So it goes without saying - What's good for White Sox baseball is good for the world in general.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For years I explained for many - unwitting prisoners of conversing with me - the "Ex-Cubs Factor" in deciding playoff worthiness of baseball teams. All you had to do was count the number of ex-Cubbies on any team and the team with the fewest Ex-Cubs would be my favorite for winning it all. This system worked remarkable well for me over decades of baseball history.

That is a cursed that has been broken. Thank goodness.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For years I explained for many - unwitting prisoners of conversing with me - the "Ex-Cubs Factor" in deciding playoff worthiness of baseball teams. All you had to do was count the number of ex-Cubbies on any team and the team with the fewest Ex-Cubs would be my favorite for winning it all. This system worked remarkable well for me over decades of baseball history.

That is a cursed that has been broken. Thank goodness.
Yep, my dad taught me that same thing. Doesn't work now that they won one.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The amount of innings the Sox are giving Zavala - should be a pretty loud message to Collins. Then, Seby rocks a 3 homer night. I think we have an answer to who the back up catcher is when Grandal has returned.