• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 2.1

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The amount of innings the Sox are giving Zavala - should be a pretty loud message to Collins. Then, Seby rocks a 3 homer night. I think we have an answer to who the back up catcher is when Grandal has returned.

Collins has been atrocious and since we have Grandal the pressure on the guy as a backup is as low as you’re gonna see. Not good.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collins has been atrocious and since we have Grandal the pressure on the guy as a backup is as low as you’re gonna see. Not good.
For some time Seby has been rated as the best defensive catcher in the Sox minor league system. The knock on him has always been a lack of stick, particularly in the power department. Cracking those three homers certainly helped his cause. Plus, since the switching hitting Grandal hits best from the left side, Zavala offers a RH bat alternative, whereas Collins is just another lefty bat. I think we all felt this was Zack's make or break year and sadly it's been break.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The chances are - Zach Collins won't be on a playoff roster of these White Sox.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
two trading chips - collins and lopez.
LOL - if the Sox could trade Collins he would be gone already. As far as I'm concerned Lopez can stay where he is as long he performs in relief like he has recently.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL - if the Sox could trade Collins he would be gone already. As far as I'm concerned Lopez can stay where he is as long he performs in relief like he has recently.
hmmmm. remember when EVERYONE here wanted lopez gone? hoping he'd show a smidgen of decency so that someone MIGHT have an interest? now that he's done that we want to keep him? LOL!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmmm. remember when EVERYONE here wanted lopez gone? hoping he'd show a smidgen of decency so that someone MIGHT have an interest? now that he's done that we want to keep him? LOL!
The Sox can go to the trade market and say - if you want Lopez - you have to take Collins.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have no problems if Lopez was offered in some sort of trade package, but otherwise I'm with Mingo - so long as he keeps pitching the way he's been, he should remain on the roster.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will not forgive you guys if Lopez pitches relief work for us in a playoff game that is still competitive.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have no problems if Lopez was offered in some sort of trade package, but otherwise I'm with Mingo - so long as he keeps pitching the way he's been, he should remain on the roster.
that kind of thinking means he stays forever, for if he's good you want to keep him and if he's bad nobody will want him.
smart money trades him NOW!

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that kind of thinking means he stays forever, for if he's good you want to keep him and if he's bad nobody will want him.
smart money trades him NOW!

Trade deadline has passed. Is there anything we can really do?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew Vaughn had turned a corner recently. That's obvious. I didn't realize just how good he has been for the past month-plus, though. Not until read this, anyway.

Vaughn is .343/.389/.588 with six home runs, 16 RBI and 18 runs scored over the last 30 contests.

Just under a .1000 OPS since late June. That's some serious hitting. He's really starting to turn into the offensive force we all had hoped he would be. Let's hope it continues, as the league will continue to get a profile on him as well.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew Vaughn had turned a corner recently. That's obvious. I didn't realize just how good he has been for the past month-plus, though. Not until read this, anyway.

Vaughn is .343/.389/.588 with six home runs, 16 RBI and 18 runs scored over the last 30 contests.

Just under a .1000 OPS since late June. That's some serious hitting. He's really starting to turn into the offensive force we all had hoped he would be. Let's hope it continues, as the league will continue to get a profile on him as well.
It's his serious approach - with no highs and now lows - that allows Vaughn to get better and better. He will be a monster in the lineup in a year or two.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yessir...I like him. More like him please.

a5c16d7f-3ebe-4311-bcb2-c148a95142e1_text.gif

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally...............a double digit lead on Cleveland. 10.5 up on them after their loss to the Tigers tonite. I want to build up this lead as much as possible because we're not far from the most brutal part of our schedule. After tomorrow's game against the Cubs, we go to Minny for 3 there. After that, whew!!

4 vs a very hot Yankees club
4 vs an always tough Oakland squad
3 at best record in the AL Tampa
4 at also very hot Toronto

That's one friggin nasty stretch by anyone's definition.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally...............a double digit lead on Cleveland. 10.5 up on them after their loss to the Tigers tonite. I want to build up this lead as much as possible because we're not far from the most brutal part of our schedule. After tomorrow's game against the Cubs, we go to Minny for 3 there. After that, whew!!

There isn't a chance in hell Cleveland catches the Sox this year tough schedule or no. But it would be nice to not be the 3 seed in the playoffs.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bring them on - got to play with the big boys if you are going to succeed like a big boy.

On the bright side of a lot of road games - it may allow TLR and the team get back to the spring training lineup and figure out the best crew for the playoffs.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised to see the White Sox give starts to Stiever, Lambert, McClure, Rey Lopez and maybe Jason Billious in the dog days of summer - to save the starters arms until cooler weather shows up.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't a chance in hell Cleveland catches the Sox this year tough schedule or no. But it would be nice to not be the 3 seed in the playoffs.
While I always take the Yogitude of 'it ain't over till it's over', I do agree that the chances of the Guardians taking the Central range anywhere from slim to none, and slim just left the building with Elvis. But as you also pointed out, there's the bigger picture of the playoff seeding. I'd of course love to have the Good Guys with the top seed at season's end, but I'd happily settle for 2nd banana. So yes, these upcoming series are super crucial in this endeavor.