• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ramifications of Seahawks vs. 49ers Game

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgive me if this has been hashed and re-hashed on the individual boards but I'm not keeping up with that.

I'm curious, from a completely objective standpoint, what fans expect the ramifications to be for corresponding wins/losses for each team.

I'll start things off. If San Francisco loses at home, how devastated are they? I see this as a virtual must-win for San Fran. Am I wrong?

Hell yeah this is an important game if for no other reason than who the opponents are, obviously more important for the 9ers. The winner of this game gets a huge boost, and if the Hawks win it makes an indelible statement.

Hawks will be 12-1, and I believe this would be one of the high points in team history, they clinch the division and have to feel pretty good about themselves at this point, and their chances to take it all the way. Beating the 9ers today really leaves a mark psychologically. Statistically no issue if they lose, they will be 11-2 and have already clinched a playoff berth, still having a stellar year with great prospects looking forward.

The 9ers would be 9-4 and still in control of their own destiny, but on another level this is a huge game for them in the locker room, not the end of the world, but they want to dig deep and win this one by any means necessary. If they lose, 8-5 and both the Eagles and Cardinals can gain ground on them, they also realize they are going to have to step their game up moving forward.

I would say this game is much more important to the 9ers, but that urgency provides the Hawks with a pretty strong incentive to make their own statement.

3peet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Detroit winning it makes it more likely that SF will play in Philly in the Wildcard round. (that is if the Niners make it in)

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep will lose that other eye brow if/when they lose.

How much he cares about it will dictate his performance.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a must win as in keeping pace with other wildcard teams, but that's about it. Even if they lose they still have a shot at the last wildcard spot