• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QBs Who'll never win a Super Bowl

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O-line health is the key. Look at the eagles last year, 4 out of 5 gone most of the season. On paper they have the best line in the NFCE IMO and one of the reasons I don't dismiss them as being able to contend this year.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O-line health is the key. Look at the eagles last year, 4 out of 5 gone most of the season. On paper they have the best line in the NFCE IMO and one of the reasons I don't dismiss them as being able to contend this year.

Thank you Kevin.....You always seem to read the posts and understand the direction intended. Next to QB, I think oline health is the most important thing for an offense. Joy may be right and the back ups are just as good but MY ONLY POINT MADE was the team record. I just asked the redskin fan to defend his point of superior depth Washington has over Dallas other than QB & RB

please explain to joy

thanks

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know exactly what you said. You made the point earlier that we were lucky that we didn't have any major injuries in the OL. My response is we have depth that can step in, except LT. You may have asked another poster to respond (I have no idea who) I just chose to also weigh in. Got it?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know exactly what you said. You made the point earlier that we were lucky that we didn't have any major injuries in the OL. My response is we have depth that can step in, except LT. You may have asked another poster to respond (I have no idea who) I just chose to also weigh in. Got it?

sorry....you still haven't a clue but you did take the opportunity to say what I am with, "you are blinded by you hate for all thing skins so I don't expect you to take an objective look"

I have said for months the oline injury free season had much to do with the success and I don't see any team being that lucky two years in a row. Your response was yes we do. That has to show itself.

But my main point about 6 to 8 wins had everything to do with what I see on your defense. It's funny to me that redskin fans have been pointing to depth issues for Dallas and I've yet to find ONE redskin fan that can point this obvious depth out to me. You sure didn't and I gave you QB & RB.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry....you still haven't a clue but you did take the opportunity to say what I am with, "you are blinded by you hate for all thing skins so I don't expect you to take an objective look"

I have said for months the oline injury free season had much to do with the success and I don't see any team being that lucky two years in a row. Your response was yes we do. That has to show itself.

But my main point about 6 to 8 wins had everything to do with what I see on your defense. It's funny to me that redskin fans have been pointing to depth issues for Dallas and I've yet to find ONE redskin fan that can point this obvious depth out to me. You sure didn't and I gave you QB & RB.

So you didn't read what I said about our safety or ILB situation?

If you want to have an intelligent debate without the petty statements and immature insults, ill be more than happy to oblige. You have yet to prove to me you can do that, however. But I'll give it a shot.

Our defense is a question mark. Our front 7 is strong, just like yours. Across the DL and OLB corps, we have playmakers and we have depth. The only areas where we lack depth is ILB and NT. where we are weak is against the pass. While our ILBs are stout against the run, they are routinely exposed over the middle against bigger TEs. The wittens of the league tend to have field days against us.

Moreover, or secondary was very weak last year and lacked depth. We went a long way this year to attempt to shore that up. I'm actually optimistic about our CB situation. We signed biggers as a back up and drafted Amerson. Both are having great camps and I expect Amerson to break the starting line up over Wilson at some point in the season

Our safety situation is our biggest question mark. While we drafted 2 highly touted safeties, one is already lost for the season due to injury and Rambo has struggled in open field tackling. It can be a problem if your starting FS can't tackle in the open field. He is the last line of defense. Merriweather should be back this year. Because he was injured all last year, we really don't know if we have the pro bowl merriweather or the one that didn't pan out in Chicago. In any event, if he can stay healthy, he is an upgrade over what we had last year. He can't be worse. Reed doughty is our first back up. Real good against the run, a liability against the pass. Used in certain situations, he can be very effective, but he is not an every down safety, which is what he has had to be the last teo years.

My best guess is that our defense will improve this year, but still be our weak link. We will have much better pass rush this year which will help out the secondary. I'll guess we will finish middle if the pack, maybe slightly lower, this year on defense.

So, is that objective enough for you? Your turn. What's your honest thoughts on your team's strengths and weaknesses?

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its interesting that you went to QB ratings as your indicator that RG3 is better than Romo. If thats the way you want to go, grasshopper, lol, use that same search engine to pull up not only 2013 ratings but ALL TIME QB ratings. If thats the tool you want to use, Romo is a first ballot Hall of Famer. Which is it Bro, you cant have it both ways?

Great comeback line. You forgot one thing though every fan base Except the Cowboys are allowed to use that kind of logic.:scratch:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great comeback line. You forgot one thing though every fan base Except the Cowboys are allowed to use that kind of logic.:scratch:

Nope - feel free to use that logic for Romo. This isn't baseball. Players are generally not deemed HOF worthy based on stats. It is generally all about the rings & playoff runs. If RG3 falls short in this area over time like Romo or shortens his career due to health then he will be no better - time will tell.

If some of the Boys fans want to be in denial & throw a party over Romo's stats & wins in non-critical games - great - have at it. However - until proven differently - he will be judged by his failure in meaningful games as it should be.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did this thread only become about Tony Not winning a SB. Wasn't the initial thought which QB(S) won't win a SB. The fact of the matter I can take a shot in the dark or through a dart at a dart board and have a chance in picking which QB's won't when a SB. Lets google search the last 20 SB's and you will learn maybe 10-12 at most names or on that list. So there will be a hole lot of guys who are not SB champs to see 8 of the current names in the NFL now ever listed as SB champion is a long shot over the next 20 yrs. This Radio host used Romo's name cause she knew the phones would light up. :L

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope - feel free to use that logic for Romo. This isn't baseball. Players are generally not deemed HOF worthy based on stats. It is generally all about the rings & playoff runs. If RG3 falls short in this area over time like Romo or shortens his career due to health then he will be no better - time will tell.

If some of the Boys fans want to be in denial & throw a party over Romo's stats & wins in non-critical games - great - have at it. However - until proven differently - he will be judged by his failure in meaningful games as it should be.

I think you missed the intended point of what is being debated. None is saying Romo's a HOFer. The point is you can't rationalize RGIII career stats (1yr) to credit him as a future SB winner nor should we as Cowboys fan use Romo's stats as an argument that he should be a HOFer(even though his states alone suggest he's good enough). RGIII will be great if he remains healthy, but I think the Odds are in my favor if I see he won't win a SB. That won't nor should it take away from him being great one day if it never happens.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you missed the intended point of what is being debated. None is saying Romo's a HOFer. The point is you can't rationalize RGIII career stats (1yr) to credit him as a future SB winner nor should we as Cowboys fan use Romo's stats as an argument that he should be a HOFer(even though his states alone suggest he's good enough). RGIII will be great if he remains healthy, but I think the Odds are in my favor if I see he won't win a SB. That won't nor should it take away from him being great one day if it never happens.

Again - stats don't generally get you into the HOF. For that to occur you would have to be a once-in-a-lifetime type player like Barry Sanders - don't see Romo in that category.

How are the odds in your favor that RG3 won't win a SB? If he stays healthy the odds are actually not too bad. He took them to the playoffs in his first year & beginning next season the Redskins will actually have cap space to possibly vastly improve this team. Why would that not result in a team that has a legit shot for possibly the next 5+ years? I am not stating that it definitely will happen - just that there is a pretty decent chance.

For the most part the Redskins are built for the future. You can primarily thank Shanahan for that since he changed the overall culture for this organization. Only time will tell.

66Victoria96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did this thread only become about Tony Not winning a SB. Wasn't the initial thought which QB(S) won't win a SB. The fact of the matter I can take a shot in the dark or through a dart at a dart board and have a chance in picking which QB's won't when a SB. Lets google search the last 20 SB's and you will learn maybe 10-12 at most names or on that list. So there will be a hole lot of guys who are not SB champs to see 8 of the current names in the NFL now ever listed as SB champion is a long shot over the next 20 yrs. This Radio host used Romo's name cause she knew the phones would light up. :L
No! She used Romo's name for the simple reason that no other QB or team has been so over hyped over the last several years than Romo. Secondly, Romo's name was the consensus among listeners.
Your last paragraph is only a feeble attempt to disguise Romo's continuous "choke" job year after year.
It must be frustrating and tiresome as a Dallas fan to have to come on these sitese to defend Romo rather than to accept him for what he is. In the end, when his career is over, he'll be lumped in with other QBs who put up pretty numbers but when it came time to win the "big game'" he CHOKED.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No! She used Romo's name for the simple reason that no other QB or team has been so over hyped over the last several years than Romo. Secondly, Romo's name was the consensus among listeners.
Your last paragraph is only a feeble attempt to disguise Romo's continuous "choke" job year after year.
It must be frustrating and tiresome as a Dallas fan to have to come on these sitese to defend Romo rather than to accept him for what he is. In the end, when his career is over, he'll be lumped in with other QBs who put up pretty numbers but when it came time to win the "big game'" he CHOKED.

Yep & it is not simply the fact that Romo doesn't win SBs. He doesn't come anywhere close & for the most part loses every critical game (or his team does if you want to get technical but QBs always have to accept the blame). This is much different than say Jim Kelly who went to multiple SBs & came close to winning one or even McNabb who went to one & went to numerous NFC championship games.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny guys pump the breaks Any person in their right mind knows the only way Romo even sniffs the HOF is with a ring you guys are so ready to attack its funny. I believe Romo's 1st year as a starter he did take his team to the playoffs. Funny enough the Seahawks did him in to. Miami Fan thought Their Odds with Marino were good to he never came close again. Like I said I believe the Odds or against him just my belief especially with the current make up of the Skins roster. I don't think yo guys have a SB roster just my opinion. It's obvious your gonna dis-agree. Only time will tell. The one thing we can agree on is I can't we tell the 2 teams play. 66 I don't know what your talking about with my last paragraph. Not defending Romo only stated a fact if your talking about his stats.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you didn't read what I said about our safety or ILB situation?

If you want to have an intelligent debate without the petty statements and immature insults, ill be more than happy to oblige. You have yet to prove to me you can do that, however. But I'll give it a shot.

Our defense is a question mark. Our front 7 is strong, just like yours. Across the DL and OLB corps, we have playmakers and we have depth. The only areas where we lack depth is ILB and NT. where we are weak is against the pass. While our ILBs are stout against the run, they are routinely exposed over the middle against bigger TEs. The wittens of the league tend to have field days against us.

Moreover, or secondary was very weak last year and lacked depth. We went a long way this year to attempt to shore that up. I'm actually optimistic about our CB situation. We signed biggers as a back up and drafted Amerson. Both are having great camps and I expect Amerson to break the starting line up over Wilson at some point in the season

Our safety situation is our biggest question mark. While we drafted 2 highly touted safeties, one is already lost for the season due to injury and Rambo has struggled in open field tackling. It can be a problem if your starting FS can't tackle in the open field. He is the last line of defense. Merriweather should be back this year. Because he was injured all last year, we really don't know if we have the pro bowl merriweather or the one that didn't pan out in Chicago. In any event, if he can stay healthy, he is an upgrade over what we had last year. He can't be worse. Reed doughty is our first back up. Real good against the run, a liability against the pass. Used in certain situations, he can be very effective, but he is not an every down safety, which is what he has had to be the last teo years.

My best guess is that our defense will improve this year, but still be our weak link. We will have much better pass rush this year which will help out the secondary. I'll guess we will finish middle if the pack, maybe slightly lower, this year on defense.

So, is that objective enough for you? Your turn. What's your honest thoughts on your team's strengths and weaknesses?

first of all....petty statements and immature insults IS ALL YOU"VE brought here.
MY GOD, can you read???

SO, Now we're giving OUR opinions of our respective teams defense?

guess I need to play along here.

Dallas has questions as stated by darn near every football analyst and many poke fun of the Kiffin hire and his job at USC. I don't think much has been said about the Marinelli hire and his influence scheme wise. Dallas will get up field with a huge emphases on take-aways, could leave running lanes but Marinelli & Kiffin look at the Dallas top two linebackers as a younger version of the Chicago tandem filling those lanes....remains to be seen but no question Lee & Carter have game and both excel in coverage from the linebacker spot. Ware, Spencer, Hatcher, Ratliff and their B/U's looked so good to the new d-coaches, they didn't upgrade through the draft...even with Floyd on the board. The coaches elected to stay pat and they had Jerry's ear big time in March/April.

Dallas has about as questionable safety play this year coming in as Washington does. Much is going to depend on the development of the rookies, 1st & 2nd year players. I do like Wilcox and his limited experience at a smaller school more than I do your 6th round starter from a huge school. Both will have growing pains as most all rookies do. How fast the learn will be the question. I don't like Merriweather's game when healthy. He gambles and gets burned. The edge to me is at corner where I think Carr/Mo/Scandrick have a huge edge over Hall and any two you throw out there.

Now if we assume health for both defenses....where on defense do you see your team stronger than Dallas? I love Fletcher's game but he showed signs last year of being a step late. How is that going to work this season?

OH well.....you asked my opinion

Last edited by a moderator:

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warren Moon didn't ever come close to sniffing a SB. He's a 1st ballett HOFer. If the numbers a QB put up are great enough he can make the hall not saying Romo Will. Either way he's got a long way to go. It's not likely. Personally I think McNabb deserves to be there.

FLSkinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! This thread got off topic. We should have a thread on who team is better Cowboys or the Skins and let the thoughts fly.

Getting back on topic.

Saying that a QB will not win a playoff is just opinion at this point. No one thought Dilfer would ever win one and look what happened. With saying that, my Belief is that RG3 has a better shot then Romo, due to youth and his ability to get the team on board at the right time. I have watched a lot of games with Cowboy fans and it was always with, when with the shoe drop and Romo screws it up with an untimely mistake. That has to be brought into the conversation. Mario played in a SB and won a lot of Playoff games, but did not have the TEAM to pull it off. Romo has the team but just can not get past the mistakes in that big game.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if Andy Dalton can't at least win a playoff game this year, he has to be added to the list. 2 1st round TEs, AJ Green, a good/great oline, a good defense. Dalton takes WAY too many sacks and there is no rhyme or reason for it.

I think Freeman probably isn't accurate enough to win a Super Bowl. I think Tampa Bay has put together the talent (assuming they stay healthy) so he is on the hook this year.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty much the last few pages of this thread need to go to the smack talk thread

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warren Moon didn't ever come close to sniffing a SB. He's a 1st ballett HOFer. If the numbers a QB put up are great enough he can make the hall not saying Romo Will. Either way he's got a long way to go. It's not likely. Personally I think McNabb deserves to be there.

NFL Career Passing Yards Leaders - Pro-Football-Reference.com

Are you for real? Warren Moon is still # 5 among NFL passers in yards & those numbers are much lower than they should be since he was kept out of the league for quite a while since it was tough for black QBs back then. Add in his CFL #s & he is almost at the top. You also need to account for the fact that it is much, much easier for QBs to rack up yards in the current NFL.

IMO - Moon falls into the same category as Barry Sanders. He had relatively limited playoff success but his accomplishments are far superior to just about anyone.