• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QBs Who'll never win a Super Bowl

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny guys pump the breaks Any person in their right mind knows the only way Romo even sniffs the HOF is with a ring you guys are so ready to attack its funny. I believe Romo's 1st year as a starter he did take his team to the playoffs. Funny enough the Seahawks did him in to. Miami Fan thought Their Odds with Marino were good to he never came close again. Like I said I believe the Odds or against him just my belief especially with the current make up of the Skins roster. I don't think yo guys have a SB roster just my opinion. It's obvious your gonna dis-agree. Only time will tell. The one thing we can agree on is I can't we tell the 2 teams play. 66 I don't know what your talking about with my last paragraph. Not defending Romo only stated a fact if your talking about his stats.

I made it pretty clear with my post that I thought the Redskins best chances would be after this season when they have more cap space. Beyond that - how do you classify who has a SB roster? This isn't the NBA where the predetermined best team wins every year. The Giants won two SBs when pretty much nobody thought they would come close. I recall their first of these two teams was against your vaunted team that had lots of pro-bowlers when I believe the Giants only had one. They also beat the Pats when it was pretty much penciled in that they would be champs.

I see no reason why with good health & a few tweaks that RG3 cannot be part of a SB contending team within the next 2-3 years. Of course as a Boys fan you will always disagree with statements such as that but who cares.

66Victoria96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny guys pump the breaks Any person in their right mind knows the only way Romo even sniffs the HOF is with a ring you guys are so ready to attack its funny. I believe Romo's 1st year as a starter he did take his team to the playoffs. Funny enough the Seahawks did him in to. Miami Fan thought Their Odds with Marino were good to he never came close again. Like I said I believe the Odds or against him just my belief especially with the current make up of the Skins roster. I don't think yo guys have a SB roster just my opinion. It's obvious your gonna dis-agree. Only time will tell. The one thing we can agree on is I can't we tell the 2 teams play. 66 I don't know what your talking about with my last paragraph. Not defending Romo only stated a fact if your talking about his stats.
I didn't expect you to understand. You can quote all the stats you want. The one stat that stands out above all else is Romo's inability to "win" a game when everything is on the line.
I can take his career stats as well and compare them to the next QB of future and past. I will guarantee you one thing. Those QBs that are in the H.O.F, weather they've won a Super Bowl or not, do have one thing in common. They either changed the game or position, had a moment of significance in their career, and won the "big" game.
Perfect example is Joe Namath. Probably has the worst stats of any QB in the H.O.F. but his stature in the A.F.C. and winning the "big one" in S.B. 3 when they were overwhelming underdogs, got him in.
Jurgenson, Tarkenton, Fouts, K.Anderson, Moon, Kelly, to name a few, never won a SB. However, they either impacted the position and set records at the time many thought were unattainable. Romo has done nothing close to merit any sniff of HOF consideration.
As I said before, he'll be lumped in with other QBs like DeBerg, J. Hart, J. Everett, D. Kreig, Testaverde, K. Collins and other QBs in history who have pretty numbers but no playoff success.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
66 can't even read your thread you just want to have a pissing contest. Socal I don't expect to persuade a skins fan to see my point of view being that this you your board. Nor should you come to a Cowboys board and expected the same. I'd rather talk football rather than spew insults. The only reason I even visited your board is because I have to contend with So many Skins fan on our boards.

Do me a favor and keep the insults its pointless and not necessary. If I'm a troll for being here I can get that being this is not the team I support. Never once have I pointed an attack at the Skins While on this board. Now back to the subject matter at hand. my 1st point I said The odds are against RGIII. I only base that on basic logic 1 of 32 QB's will win a Ring each season can't explain it any different. 2nd being from and growing up in H-town I'm lol not comparing Romo To Moon. As a huge Oilers fan the parallel I was making is you can Go to the HOF on stats alone. Moon had zero success in the Playoffs. If you Read my Post carefully I said that Romo's stats have him no where close to being a Hofer.. Finally would you say Seattle, S.F. or the Texans have a SB Roster on paper I would. Again not trying to get into a pissing contest just explaining my point of view.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me Wrong I believe RGIII is the type of QB who can carry a team to a Championship, but I wouldn't bet on it. To many things have to be perfect for that to happen. I wanna make this clear as a Cowboy fan. I don't hate RGIII I think he has the potential to be great and maybe even in the top 5. Him having 2 ACL TEARS as a fan would worry the heck out of me. The way the NFL is going with the dynamics of hitting changing to the lower extremities I can really see a scenario with RGIII career being affected in a major way due to injury. Hope thats not the case. Nothing personal Strictly business.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quit saying I'm saying Romo Will be in the Hall. you guys are making that up. I never once said. You don't have to try and educate me on the hx and the evolution of the modern QB there Mr.66:gaah:

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Career Passing Yards Leaders - Pro-Football-Reference.com

Are you for real? Warren Moon is still # 5 among NFL passers in yards & those numbers are much lower than they should be since he was kept out of the league for quite a while since it was tough for black QBs back then. Add in his CFL #s & he is almost at the top. You also need to account for the fact that it is much, much easier for QBs to rack up yards in the current NFL.

IMO - Moon falls into the same category as Barry Sanders. He had relatively limited playoff success but his accomplishments are far superior to just about anyone.

:agree:

66Victoria96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quit saying I'm saying Romo Will be in the Hall. you guys are making that up. I never once said. You don't have to try and educate me on the hx and the evolution of the modern QB there Mr.66:gaah:
You quote his stats and say his numbers are HOF material! I disagree only for the simple fact that he hasn't accomplished or grasp the bull by the horns as others before him or presently have.
I do feel that Romo is a very good QB. He earned my respect several years ago on MNF when he single handedly, in my opinion, lead his team to victory over the Redskins despite his center hiking the ball unexpectedly over his head and his receivers lining up in the wrong positions.
He is judged by his peers, press, and fans. Maybe unfairly, but by his own doing.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
66 I agree with you. The only reason I referenced Romo number though is because Shark who is a good poster and often visits the Boys forum used stats to validate RGIII based on one year of football. UKCowboys fan went on to say that you can't bless RGIII stats and dismiss Romos stats and make him a scrub. My point was If Romo put up 5 more years of the numbers he already has his stat alone would be HOF worthy. There are plenty of QB's with like stats who won't make it because of the playoff resume including Romo.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first of all....petty statements and immature insults IS ALL YOU"VE brought here.
MY GOD, can you read???

SO, Now we're giving OUR opinions of our respective teams defense?

guess I need to play along here.

Dallas has questions as stated by darn near every football analyst and many poke fun of the Kiffin hire and his job at USC. I don't think much has been said about the Marinelli hire and his influence scheme wise. Dallas will get up field with a huge emphases on take-aways, could leave running lanes but Marinelli & Kiffin look at the Dallas top two linebackers as a younger version of the Chicago tandem filling those lanes....remains to be seen but no question Lee & Carter have game and both excel in coverage from the linebacker spot. Ware, Spencer, Hatcher, Ratliff and their B/U's looked so good to the new d-coaches, they didn't upgrade through the draft...even with Floyd on the board. The coaches elected to stay pat and they had Jerry's ear big time in March/April.

Dallas has about as questionable safety play this year coming in as Washington does. Much is going to depend on the development of the rookies, 1st & 2nd year players. I do like Wilcox and his limited experience at a smaller school more than I do your 6th round starter from a huge school. Both will have growing pains as most all rookies do. How fast the learn will be the question. I don't like Merriweather's game when healthy. He gambles and gets burned. The edge to me is at corner where I think Carr/Mo/Scandrick have a huge edge over Hall and any two you throw out there.

Now if we assume health for both defenses....where on defense do you see your team stronger than Dallas? I love Fletcher's game but he showed signs last year of being a step late. How is that going to work this season?

OH well.....you asked my opinion

Actually, I don't see our team stronger than yours on defense. If we are talking piece parts, I think we have the one of the best tandem OLBs in the league with Orakpo and Kerrigan (and now Jenkins and Jackson). I'm not saying either of them are the best, but as a tandem I like them. Ware as an individual player is probably better than both, but I would take our tandem over yours. I also like our DL an am very comfortable with them. Not saying they are better than yours, but they will perform just fine. I expect your defense will perform as an overall team better than ours again this year, but I think we've closed the gap. Of course it all depends on how you guys adapt to the defensive scheme change. This never is smooth. It takes a while to iron out. It could set you guys back for a while, only time will tell. BTW, I actually think the Kiffin and Marinelli hires were good hires. I don't have as much faith in your HC.

I believe our offense will make the difference and will be a top 5 offense again. Our running game will be vastly superior. Our passing game will augment that. You guys have the best receiving corps in the division and Romo again will have huge stats. But your offensive line still has to be considered your achilles heel along with your running game. Of course, then there is Romo himself. He will be 33 and we all know what to expect from him. What makes Tony so dangerous is not his arm, but his legs. He has an uncanny ability to slide in the pocket and make a play. But at 33, that ability will begin to fade in the near future. It probably won't be this year and maybe not next, but in the foreseeable future, he will lose a step. Combine that with his uncanny ability for bone headed plays at the worst moments and I think Jerry has tied himself to a $100M time bomb in the next few years.

But the real problem that I see for Dallas is the Jerry himself. He has surrounded himself with yes men and, IMO, has mismanaged the organization and set the team up for significant future pain with the cap issue. This is exactly what Snyder did for a decade and was the reason why we have been immaterial for such a long time. Thankfully he finally learned and hired Allen and Shanahan. We went from cap hell to next year having an abundance of cap space to fill in our rough spots.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we may give up yardage passing the ball, but IMO our defense is very capable of causing turnovers, and that will be the case even more this year with an improved pass rush. Defense was already stout against the run last year.

Main difference between Dallas and Washington is a run game and being able to control time of possession. And a QB that doesn't throw many INTs. Smarter football.

That and Dallas is switching defensive schemes. Dallas fans seem to think that's as easy as flipping a switch. They've also brought in a guy to run that scheme, who while he was excellent when he was here, has been out of the league for a bit.