• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pretty sure the Warriors created a totally new offensive concept last night

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They designed a play where one of the big men comes up to the top and sets a screen for the guy with the ball. The guy with the ball then has the opportunity to drive to the hoop, or pass to the screening big man who subsequently rolls to the basket. I heard Bob and Jim refer to this as something called a "Pick and Roll". Kudos to Mark Jackson and his staff for inventing this great play. The NBA will never be the same again.

On a serious note, I loved the fact that they used the PnR as a first option, rather than the last. Typically the only time we ever see it being used is when there is 7 seconds left on the shot clock and the ball handler calls for a screen. I'd like to see this incorporated more as a designed play, rather than last second option. Especially with Monta and Steph's ability to take the guy off the dribble, and Lee's ability to pop out for an 18 footer and finish at the rim, this should be a focal point.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They designed a play where one of the big men comes up to the top and sets a screen for the guy with the ball. The guy with the ball then has the opportunity to drive to the hoop, or pass to the screening big man who subsequently rolls to the basket. I heard Bob and Jim refer to this as something called a "Pick and Roll". Kudos to Mark Jackson and his staff for inventing this great play. The NBA will never be the same again.

On a serious note, I loved the fact that they used the PnR as a first option, rather than the last. Typically the only time we ever see it being used is when there is 7 seconds left on the shot clock and the ball handler calls for a screen. I'd like to see this incorporated more as a designed play, rather than last second option. Especially with Monta and Steph's ability to take the guy off the dribble, and Lee's ability to pop out for an 18 footer and finish at the rim, this should be a focal point.

:dhd: Agreed. Also, I think this team is the first team to have one player with a triple-double, another with a double-double and yet another with over 45 points and lose. I haven't done any statistical scavenging, but those are impressive lines in a losing effort.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking USELESS defense last night. I'm convinced that Jackson has a good system but is without the proper players to execute it.

BLOW
IT
UP

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL, I was playing pick-up basketball last night and the guys I played with just stood around on offense. Needless to say, we get our asses kicked.