• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Press Conference

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there was little gained from that interview. If you hate the Yorks and have already concluded it is on them, then Murph is just throwing more red meat. I thought Murph took it a little too far. Also, some of what Murph said was riduculous. Comments about the leaks. A couple of small things that did come out. York said it was decision differences were football related. Another interesting thing was in that part of the discussion he briefly mentioned how it affected families and others, a reference to the assistants. I am wondering if some of the rift was over the retention of assistant coaches.

You are kidding me with this right? Taking it too far? Taking it too far is getting rid of one of the best coaches in the league and arguably the 2nd best coach in 49ers history for no good reason. Jed York is a greedy idiot and it's great that someone is stepping up and letting him feel it deep inside that he made the wrong decision. He needs to know that the 49er "Faithful" aren't going to put up with this shit. Glad he got exposed today, and Murph is a Hero for slamming it in York's face. Something many 49er fans would have loved to do and Murph did it for us. God bless that Dude.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Agreed...mgmt. and owner held to task..if owner expects support for stupid moves then expect criticism and revolt...we are also fans of fair play and fans of people who have done their job admirally..like Coach Harbs...no way should he have been shown the door and that IS. What JED did do....no salary cap issue excuse here just a piss poor job of managing period.:lame:

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are kidding me with this right? Taking it too far? Taking it too far is getting rid of one of the best coaches in the league and arguably the 2nd best coach in 49ers history for no good reason. Jed York is a greedy idiot and it's great that someone is stepping up and letting him feel it deep inside that he made the wrong decision. He needs to know that the 49er "Faithful" aren't going to put up with this shit. Glad he got exposed today, and Murph is a Hero for slamming it in York's face. Something many 49er fans would have loved to do and Murph did it for us. God bless that Dude.

We don't know what happened and don't know that Harbaugh wanted out either. It appears what you wanted was a hatchet job and that is what you got. Otherwise that whole interview was pointless and accomplished nothing

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't know what happened and don't know that Harbaugh wanted out either. It appears what you wanted was a hatchet job and that is what you got. Otherwise that whole interview was pointless and accomplished nothing

This is where we have our "philosophical differences" P65. It wasn't so much as Murph trying to embarrass Jed, but fans who pay good money to see the games want some answers. He kept saying hold me accountable, but how can you hold Jed accountable? He's not going to fire himself. He's not going to refund money to the fans if the Niners under perform. He's the CEO and he should have squashed the rumors about Harbaugh the first time they leaked out. Instead he did nothing. I'm sure Harbaugh did some things to rub Jed or Trent the wrong way, but when you talk about having class, then why wasn't Jed able to better communicate with Harbaugh? Niner fans waited 8 long years to taste success again. Now there's uncertainty in the air.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where we have our "philosophical differences" P65. It wasn't so much as Murph trying to embarrass Jed, but fans who pay good money to see the games want some answers. He kept saying hold me accountable, but how can you hold Jed accountable? He's not going to fire himself. He's not going to refund money to the fans if the Niners under perform. He's the CEO and he should have squashed the rumors about Harbaugh the first time they leaked out. Instead he did nothing. I'm sure Harbaugh did some things to rub Jed or Trent the wrong way, but when you talk about having class, then why wasn't Jed able to better communicate with Harbaugh? Niner fans waited 8 long years to taste success again. Now there's uncertainty in the air.

York made a mistake with the press conferences in the first place since they had no intention of providing any information and instead were only willing to provide cliches and canned responses. The only way to hold Jed accounable is to cancel season tickets and stop purchasing 49er merchandise.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

he did.

van_basten

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We can sit here can keep saying we don't know what philosophical differences is. But with all the facts that come out so far and with York's only respond is "hold me accountable", it's perfectly reasonable that the fans are pointing fingers at him.

With all the leaks throughout the season about Harbaugh losing the locker room and wanting too much money, all we see is every 49ers player who speak about Harbaugh said they like him. All we see is the Thanksgiving tweet from York. With so many NFL head coach vacancies (Jets, Falcons, Bears) and other teams looking to upgrade their coach, Harbaugh could have received multiple offers with more money. All we see is he flied straight to Michigan the next day after the "mutual departure" and took less money than he could have. Some would say York and Harbaugh had disagreement about coaching staff. If that's the case, how come York did not fire any assistant coach/Roman after letting go Harbaugh? Really it's not York's job to figure out 49er's football philosophy. His main job is to communicate and make sure everyone in his organization work well together and he fails miserably.

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't understand what you don't understand?! Harbaugh was let go, all the evidence is there and Jed York even said it was because of "Philosophical differences"

Jim Harbaugh said he works at the pleasure of the organization

There is obviously a connection there, CAN YOU NOT SEE THAT?!?!?!

Jed York also said that Trent Baalke and him see things on the same level meaning that Harbaugh was not on the same level as them.

The facts are there.......

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand what you don't understand?! Harbaugh was let go, all the evidence is there and Jed York even said it was because of "Philosophical differences"

Jim Harbaugh said he works at the pleasure of the organization

There is obviously a connection there, CAN YOU NOT SEE THAT?!?!?!

Jed York also said that Trent Baalke and him see things on the same level meaning that Harbaugh was not on the same level as them.

The facts are there.......

What " facts " are there? You took that one comment of Harbaugh like Murphy foolishly did to mean anything? You actually take any small statement Harbaugh makes like that seriously? As if Harbaugh would ever give out such information like that to the press?

York and Balke also said on numerous occasions that the parting was mutual and not one sided.

Last edited by a moderator:

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What " facts " are there? You took that one comment of Harbaugh like Murphy foolishly did to mean anything? You actually take any small statement Harbaugh makes like that seriously? As if Harbaugh would ever give out such information like that to the press?

York and Balke also said on numerous occasions that the parting was mutual and not one sided.

So what are you saying? That you trust Jed York and think he is a good owner? LOL

Do you understand that you are part of a very small group (might only be you) that doesn't want York to resign right this minute? The Majority of Niner fans salute Murph for what he did. You sir are the minority.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what are you saying? That you trust Jed York and think he is a good owner? LOL

Do you understand that you are part of a very small group (might only be you) that doesn't want York to resign right this minute? The Majority of Niner fans salute Murph for what he did. You sir are the minority.

I said nothing about trusting York and judging whether he is a good owner. This is about the Harbaugh and his leaving. As I said before, and apparently you missed, I would have preferred him to stay. But if the majority of people want to jump to conclusion based on speculation, than I guess I will be in the minority. Murph is a tool. As I said before, if trashing the owner was you wanted, that is what you got. I found the whole exercise pointless. Little, if anything, came out of it

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said nothing about trusting York and judging whether he is a good owner. This is about the Harbaugh and his leaving. As I said before, and apparently you missed, I would have preferred him to stay. But if the majority of people want to jump to conclusion based on speculation, than I guess I will be in the minority. Murph is a tool. As I said before, if trashing the owner was you wanted, that is what you got. I found the whole exercise pointless. Little, if anything, came out of it

It is better for Jed York to know how us passionate faithful fans feel about all this than not at all. And for Most 49er fans, it wasn't pointless what Murph did. And that's why you are the minority. Pointless is trying to have a conversation with you. Have a nice day!

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is better for Jed York to know how us passionate faithful fans feel about all this than not at all. And for Most 49er fans, it wasn't pointless what Murph did. And that's why you are the minority. Pointless is trying to have a conversation with you. Have a nice day!

Jed York has received plenty of mail, and I am sure quite a bit of vitriol. Comes with the territory. Again if your goal was to trash the owner, then you got what you wanted. I don't listen to interviews for that purpose.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, Just like the majority of fans praised Jed York for hiring Singletery as Head Coach because he had won some games and the players and fans liked Coach Sing. History clearly shows in this instance that if the majority of fanatics agree on something, its clearly the right choice or thing to do. Come on dude, a bunch of dummies agreeing on something doesnt make it right, Or make your point any more valid.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how much time lapsed before he did take action?

At the beginning of the season, there were rumors of discord between the front office and Harbaugh. It was obvious the someone leaked information. At that instance, Jed should have said something. Didn't hear anything from him until the infamous tweet on Thanksgiving night.

There were rumors that Harbaugh has lost the locker room. Don't you think Jed should have done something when these rumors surfaced? Asides from all the injuries, all these innuendos affected the team. Players could say that they don't listen to the press or read the newspaper, but we all know that is not the case. Jed could have handled this situation a lot better.

Last edited by a moderator:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
At the beginning of the season, there were rumors of discord between the front office and Harbaugh. It was obvious the someone leaked information. At that instance, Jed should have said something. Didn't hear anything from him until the infamous tweet on Thanksgiving night.

There were rumors that Harbaugh has lost the locker room. Don't you think Jed should have done something when these rumors surfaced? Asides from all the injuries, all these innuendos affected the team. Players could say that they don't listen to the press or read the newspaper, but we all know that is not the case. Jed could have handled this situation a lot better.

his first statement to 'squash' the rumors, was well before Thanksgiving. Pretty sure it was before the season started?

[Sorry, but don't want to spend time looking for evidence]

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his first statement to 'squash' the rumors, was well before Thanksgiving. Pretty sure it was before the season started?

[Sorry, but don't want to spend time looking for evidence]

No problem Deep. I just think Jed could have done a better job with all this winning with "class" crap. Great coaches just don't grow on trees. I just hope he and Trent make a good hire.