• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Press Conference

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not saying they said anything negative(outright) but if you read between the lines u can see it. Again it might just be me.

here is one.
York pointed to legendary coach Bill Walsh when describing what type of coach he'd like to bring in.

"I think we have an idea of somebody who fits that quality of a teacher. ... We need to find the right person," he said.
So basically harbaugh isn't a teacher(I disagree) and he wasn't the right person.

“For me personally, there are things I didn’t necessarily like Year 1, Year 2, Year 3 that you don’t speak more loudly on because you’re winning,” York said. Whats not to like we made it to 3 NFC championship games and a sueprbowl.

“There were things in conversation we had. I know what my gut was, and we had conversations and we did things that probably didn’t gel well with who I am. And I would rather do the things that we need to do and stay at a level of class I expect of the San Francisco 49ers.” Us fans want to win. Don't give me this class stuff.

Here is just a few.
I would agree with what you are saying if this was a football decision, but everybody knows this was a decision made based off of egos and being able to coexist. I imagine Harbaugh to be a very difficult person to get along with for a long period of time.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are you truly going to have someone in place before removing the current head coach? How often does that happen? I recall the 49ers tryng that years ago when they tried offering the job to Shanahan while Seifert was still HC and Shanahan turned it down due to his loyalty to Seifert and bolted to Denver

I agree 100% and was wondering the very same thing!

I get that the situation isn't ideal. But why all the negativity? What exactly are people expecting Baalke and York to say in the presser? That they f**ked up things with Jim? :pound:

We aren't exactly in the greatest position at present, but this job will bring qualified coaches(I won't say they'll get hired), but SF has a pretty good history. Let's see what Baalke and York can do. :suds:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Again, fans will always lay the blame at York no matter what. That's just the way it is as it comes with the territory.

Next season, how well Kaep plays will make more difference than who the HC is. Beyond next season...........

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100% and was wondering the very same thing!

I get that the situation isn't ideal. But why all the negativity? What exactly are people expecting Baalke and York to say in the presser? That they f**ked up things with Jim? :pound:

We aren't exactly in the greatest position at present, but this job will bring qualified coaches(I won't say they'll get hired), but SF has a pretty good history. Let's see what Baalke and York can do. :suds:

I guess they could have went the Al Davis overhead projector route and the media would have loved that,

van_basten

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, fans will always lay the blame at York no matter what. That's just the way it is as it comes with the territory.

Next season, how well Kaep plays will make more difference than who the HC is. Beyond next season...........

I am not sure how many coaches have been let go in NFL history. But I am pretty sure 90% of the time fans don't blame at the owner/CEO of the situation. Getting rid of Harbaugh without firing Roman right away means the decision is completely personal. All I get from the conference is that he said "I should be held accountable" about 20 times and "super bowl or bust" about 10 times. How do you actually hold an owner accountable? How? It looks like York just wants to make this an owner/GM centric team. I am not sure any big name coach would want to come here after this shit show. Heck with York's big ego he probably doesn't want a big name coach anyway. It's hard to make this nonsense shit show worse and York just did it today.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I am not sure how many coaches have been let go in NFL history. But I am pretty sure 90% of the time fans don't blame at the owner/CEO of the situation. Getting rid of Harbaugh without firing Roman right away means the decision is completely personal. All I get from the conference is that he said "I should be held accountable" about 20 times and "super bowl or bust" about 10 times. How do you actually hold an owner accountable? How? It looks like York just wants to make this an owner/GM centric team. I am not sure any big name coach would want to come here after this shit show. Heck with York's big ego he probably doesn't want a big name coach anyway. It's hard to make this nonsense shit show worse and York just did it today.

What? Great coaches don't want to come in and be the 4th wheel? Behind Ted-Sonny Boy-Trent? LMAO. This what happens when you let your kid play at being CEO.

Love the Niners and wish them well, but the chances of this turning out well are not good.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isnt it also fair to say that about Harbaugh? He came into a team that was overflowing with talent, but was "led" by Singletary.

Who did Harbs bring in? Reid? Aldon (was he brought in post-MS?)? Kaepernick?

The defense, for the most part, was already in place when Harbaugh came in. The OL was already here.

Harbaugh is/was a good coach. But he came into a PERFECT situation. Lets keep that in mind.
Shouldn't this be laid on the feet of Baalke? You guys have had a nasty roster the last couple of years but it has been rough going keeping your pro bowlers and getting in fresh blood to carry the torch. Harbaugh had little to nothing to do with that.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Isnt it also fair to say that about Harbaugh? He came into a team that was overflowing with talent, but was "led" by Singletary.

Who did Harbs bring in? Reid? Aldon (was he brought in post-MS?)? Kaepernick?

The defense, for the most part, was already in place when Harbaugh came in. The OL was already here.

Harbaugh is/was a good coach. But he came into a PERFECT situation. Lets keep that in mind.

And he was extremely successful with it: two pr fumbles from a SB year 1, one play away from a SB win year 2, one play away from a SB year 3. This year sucked, but then Walsh went 3-6 in his 4th year.

Perfect situation? With Alex Smith as your starting QB? Please. And I like Alex, but he is no Montana/Young/Brady/Manning.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
York is on KNBR now with Murph..

Murph is conducting a dick interview. Wow. I never saw Murph this way.

He is asking the same questions over and over and practically calling York a liar after each answer. Very awkward.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

He is asking the same questions over and over and practically calling York a liar after each answer. Very awkward.

York deserve to be raked over the coals by the press. Why not? "Parting ways" with a great coach with no real reasons given? Sonny boy better get used to the hot seat, cause he is in it unless the Niners get back to a SB and win.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think there was little gained from that interview. If you hate the Yorks and have already concluded it is on them, then Murph is just throwing more red meat. I thought Murph took it a little too far. Also, some of what Murph said was riduculous. Comments about the leaks. A couple of small things that did come out. York said it was decision differences were football related. Another interesting thing was in that part of the discussion he briefly mentioned how it affected families and others, a reference to the assistants. I am wondering if some of the rift was over the retention of assistant coaches.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't this be laid on the feet of Baalke? You guys have had a nasty roster the last couple of years but it has been rough going keeping your pro bowlers and getting in fresh blood to carry the torch. Harbaugh had little to nothing to do with that.

Actually, the defense was in the top 5 in the league despite being decimated by injuries. The defense has been able to continue its success due to players that were drafted or brought in by Balke. The defense has been coached by fangio. It is the offense that has underperformed. Part of it was the offensive line and injuries also. But the offense has been wildly inconsistent. The disparity between the 1st half and 2nd half of games is telling. The offense's inability to score in the red zone and clock mismanagement have been issues since harbaugh has been here.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, the defense was in the top 5 in the league despite being decimated by injuries. The defense has been able to continue its success due to players that were drafted or brought in by Balke. The defense has been coached by fangio. It is the offense that has underperformed. Part of it was the offensive line and injuries also. But the offense has been wildly inconsistent. The disparity between the 1st half and 2nd half of games is telling. The offense's inability to score in the red zone and clock mismanagement have been issues since harbaugh has been here.

I do agree the "wildly inconsistent" offensive woes 100%. It will be interesting to see if Harbaugh does in fact bring Roman with him and these same issues carry over at Michigan. Whoever takes Harbs place has the D pretty set up for success, the O needs a few key people back and an OC that knows how to ADAPT to what he has in players and what the opponents shows him in the entirety of the game.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to chuckle when Jed actually said " We replaced Bill Walsh in the past". Sorry Jed you did not pull that move in any way back then. Walsh officially retired and was tired of all the shit he took from Eddie D in that that last season. The 49ers were also lucky to have a George Seifert to step in and continue the ride. I think Jed thinks he may be his uncle. There is only one Eddie D and Jed is no Eddie D.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to chuckle when Jed actually said " We replaced Bill Walsh in the past". Sorry Jed you did not pull that move in any way back then. Walsh officially retired and was tired of all the shit he took from Eddie D in that that last season. The 49ers were also lucky to have a George Seifert to step in and continue the ride. I think Jed thinks he may be his uncle. There is only one Eddie D and Jed is no Eddie D.

To be fair, he didn't say they fired him, and Walsh was replaced. I'm pretty sure he meant the 49ers replaced Walsh, as Jed was only like 8! :pound:

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you go to KNBR.com and go to the Murph and Mac podcast you can hear the whole Murph interview with Jed and man, it's worth going there to hear it all.

As for the press conference with Jed and Balkke I don't know how to see a replay of that.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Went to inbred and heard and read the transcript.....hilariously good to see a reporter hold Jed to task.Holding no punches and no easy outs. Jed came off. Sophmoric ...Great job! Way to make him squirm,,,,liked the Walsh stuff as Walsh was forced off for us that remember...49ers have a history that has a dark side of killing their own too soon..some things never change... aJed can learn from this though..thought the senior counsellor idea godfather was a great idea hope Jed ws listening. Did Jeb even answer the PSL question or evade the true responsibiiity question again? How about a refund option huh Jed? OR a "a 2 for1 option with the Raiders sharing the stadium.? Now that would really put the fire under his shoes!!!:yahoo: