• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Press Conference

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just was finished. Biggest revelation was that no coaches have been axed yet and Balke maintained the new HC will decide which coaches he wants to keep.

Other than that, reporters kept trying to get Balke/York to elaborate on the issues between Harbaugh and Management and of course they wouldn't bite. And I have to say Lowell Cohen is a jerk.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners GM Trent Baalke: 'This is a reload situation' - NFL.com

Yes. This may take a while to figure out.

"Again, we've had philosophical discussions, and when we sat down, we just couldn't come to a place where we thought moving together was the best for either party," York said. "It wasn't us saying, 'Jim, you're fired. You're not here anymore.' This wasn't Jim saying, 'I don't want to be here: I'm leaving.'
"It was a discussion that took place over, you know, a decent amount of time to figure out what's best for everybody involved, and it was the conclusion that we came to. It wasn't an easy conclusion for anybody, but that's where we ended up." "This isn't a rebuild situation. This is a reload situation," he said.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Baalke said something along the lines of "The 49ers have had to replace many very successful coaches over the years and we are going to have to do that again." BS: they had one very successful coach to replace over the years, Walsh, and it took them 20 plus years to get close. This type of management does not bode well for the future.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baalke said something along the lines of "The 49ers have had to replace many very successful coaches over the years and we are going to have to do that again." BS: they had one very successful coach to replace over the years, Walsh, and it took them 20 plus years to get close. This type of management does not bode well for the future.

They had Seifert after Walsh and then Mariucci. Seifert won two Super Bowls and Mariucci had a winning record. It was puzzling when he was fired by York and then the debacle of three unsuccessful hires ensued. So it did not take the Niners 20 years to get close. Maybe you are referring to Super Bowl appearance. Then I would say you are correct.

The press conference was so vanilla. Jed York kept repeating that he's the one who is accountable. That's a laugh. He's the CEO and I don't think he will fire himself. Accountability comes with consequence. There's no consequence when you're the CEO. Another thing that stuck in my mind was it's Super Bowl or bust every year and he mentioned that if the next coach doesn't win one, then he might have to look for other alternatives. Right now, I don't have much faith with Jed or Trent. I really hope Harbaugh has a lot of success in Ann Arbor.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They had Seifert after Walsh and then Mariucci. Seifert won two Super Bowls and Mariucci had a winning record. It was puzzling when he was fired by York and then the debacle of three unsuccessful hires ensued. So it did not take the Niners 20 years to get close. Maybe you are referring to Super Bowl appearance. Then I would say you are correct.

The press conference was so vanilla. Jed York kept repeating that he's the one who is accountable. That's a laugh. He's the CEO and I don't think he will fire himself. Accountability comes with consequence. There's no consequence when you're the CEO. Another thing that stuck in my mind was it's Super Bowl or bust every year and he mentioned that if the next coach doesn't win one, then he might have to look for other alternatives. Right now, I don't have much faith with Jed or Trent. I really hope Harbaugh has a lot of success in Ann Arbor.

Siefert won because he inherited what Walsh built. Niners ran down under his regime, although yes he did win 2 SB so I must give you that. He then went on to lay an egg in Carolina. Mariuci not so much, no SB there.

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just was finished. Biggest revelation was that no coaches have been axed yet and Balke maintained the new HC will decide which coaches he wants to keep.

Other than that, reporters kept trying to get Balke/York to elaborate on the issues between Harbaugh and Management and of course they wouldn't bite. And I have to say Lowell Cohen is a jerk.

They essentially said the new coach will pick his staff. My guess is because they are considering Fangio as HC. That tells me that they let Harbaugh go without someone in place. What a joke.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Siefert won because he inherited what Walsh built. Niners ran down under his regime, although yes he did win 2 SB so I must give you that. He then went on to lay an egg in Carolina. Mariuci not so much, no SB there.

They ran down because of poor personnel decisions by the front office and mismanagement of the salary cap.

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Carolina didn't have talent as they were an expansion team and didn't have a talent base.

The team never ran down under Seifert, but they won less as the coaching staffs began to fall apart with so many leaving to coach teams elsewhere (Mike Holmgren, Mike Shanahan, Dennis Green, Ray Rhodes,etc). They also ran into Brett Favre GB teams and the Triplett Cowboys and would have won if the Front Office had been able to keep the key player (Deion Sanders) that swung a couple SuperBowls back then.

The defense was very good back then, just like today, but the salary cap issues, coaching, and other drama (Eddie D, etc) were catching up to the team.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They essentially said the new coach will pick his staff. My guess is because they are considering Fangio as HC. That tells me that they let Harbaugh go without someone in place. What a joke.

How are you truly going to have someone in place before removing the current head coach? How often does that happen? I recall the 49ers tryng that years ago when they tried offering the job to Shanahan while Seifert was still HC and Shanahan turned it down due to his loyalty to Seifert and bolted to Denver

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if it just me but I hated this press conference and what they said. York pretty much said hiring Harbaugh was a mistake. That it wasn't the 49ers way. Now he did say he respects harbaugh and what he did but it was the off the field stuff that bothered him and views were different. Harbaugh was all about winning he said and he looks about winning off the field. Us fans want to win. He also mention that the next coach might not win right away like Harbaugh. Well to me that is a failure then.

What way is the right way York, hiring bad coaches and losing. Man I am fired up. Maybe I need to settle down and watch it again. It rubbed me the wrong way.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah they want to see what coaches leave because if they fire them they have to pay them. i think Roman said he was going to follow Harbaugh(no I don't have a link). I just read some where. I will try and find it.

Harbaugh already wearing a Mich hat at the airport. Good luck just not when you play ND.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why do people forget about George Seifert.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if it just me but I hated this press conference and what they said. York pretty much said hiring Harbaugh was a mistake. That it wasn't the 49ers way. Now he did say he respects harbaugh and what he did but it was the off the field stuff that bothered him and views were different. Harbaugh was all about winning he said and he looks about winning off the field. Us fans want to win. He also mention that the next coach might not win right away like Harbaugh. Well to me that is a failure then.

What way is the right way York, hiring bad coaches and losing. Man I am fired up. Maybe I need to settle down and watch it again. It rubbed me the wrong way.

I listened to it live. I didnt really hear them say anything negative about Harbaugh or state his hiring was a mistake. I will have to go back and read the transcripts.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it seems pretty sad but i am honestly feeling optimistic that we will hire a good coach that can actually improve on what Harbaugh helped put in place. I am speaking mostly about the offense here.

There is so much talent on the team, so long as a guy just lets the payers play and the Coaches coach, which is what I think Harbaugh was the best at, I think we will be fine. I believe Jed and Trent learned from their mistakes with the Coach Sing hire and with the Coach Harbagh hire they showed they know what a good coach is.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I listened to it live. I didnt really hear them say anything negative about Harbaugh or state his hiring was a mistake. I will have to go back and read the transcripts.

Im not saying they said anything negative(outright) but if you read between the lines u can see it. Again it might just be me.

here is one.
York pointed to legendary coach Bill Walsh when describing what type of coach he'd like to bring in.

"I think we have an idea of somebody who fits that quality of a teacher. ... We need to find the right person," he said.
So basically harbaugh isn't a teacher(I disagree) and he wasn't the right person.

“For me personally, there are things I didn’t necessarily like Year 1, Year 2, Year 3 that you don’t speak more loudly on because you’re winning,” York said. Whats not to like we made it to 3 NFC championship games and a sueprbowl.

“There were things in conversation we had. I know what my gut was, and we had conversations and we did things that probably didn’t gel well with who I am. And I would rather do the things that we need to do and stay at a level of class I expect of the San Francisco 49ers.” Us fans want to win. Don't give me this class stuff.

Here is just a few.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Isnt it also fair to say that about Harbaugh? He came into a team that was overflowing with talent, but was "led" by Singletary.

Who did Harbs bring in? Reid? Aldon (was he brought in post-MS?)? Kaepernick?

The defense, for the most part, was already in place when Harbaugh came in. The OL was already here.

Harbaugh is/was a good coach. But he came into a PERFECT situation. Lets keep that in mind.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isnt it also fair to say that about Harbaugh? He came into a team that was overflowing with talent, but was "led" by Singletary.

The defense, for the most part, was already in place when Harbaugh came in. The OL was already here.

Harbaugh is/was a good coach. But he came into a PERFECT situation. Lets keep that in mind.

Yeah we had talent but you still have to coach that talent and thats what Harbaugh did. There is a reason it took so long to finally hire a good coach. Its not easy to find.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with this 100% Everything was in place for great success!