• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Please, no more CK7 vs. Smith debates

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I am counting that - I just think Smith has peaked and Kaepernick has reached Smith's level in the mental aspect of the game and is already well advanced of Smith in the physical aspect of the game.

The only thing Kaepernick lacks is experience. Thus the question for me isn't which of the two is the better QB, the question becomes do you begin Colin's OJT now or wait? Given the set of circumstances surrounding the question that answer is far from easy.

That is the key right there. We've see the best of Alex Smith but not of Kaepernick. I disagree with you however that Kaepernick has reached Smith's level in the mental aspect of the game.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the key right there. We've see the best of Alex Smith but not of Kaepernick. I disagree with you however that Kaepernick has reached Smith's level in the mental aspect of the game.

And I think there is room for that disagreement - But if he is lacking I don't think it is by very much.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I think there is room for that disagreement - But if he is lacking I don't think it is by very much.

All the trepidation that goes with his lack of experience aside, I am really excited to see what Kaepernick can become. He has brought an excitement to the team. It even seems like the defense has picked up their game in the last two.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the trepidation that goes with his lack of experience aside, I am really excited to see what Kaepernick can become. He has brought an excitement to the team. It even seems like the defense has picked up their game in the last two.

I could not agree more. Along with the excitement and anticipation he is quickly capturing the confidence of the fans as well.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apologies if this is in another thread:

Opinions still split on Kaepernick move, but history backs Harbaugh

Breaking news, real-time scores and daily analysis from Sports Illustrated – SI.com

This is true, but if you take away those replaced due to injury or heck, even struggling, the examples get so much smaller. Plus, unless I skipped it, this doesn't talk about when the original starter comes backs and wins or loses. Just a few things, I think this is unique and we don't know how it'll turn out. I feel it'll turn out well, but what do I know?

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Jim fought for drafting Kaepernick,'' Dilfer said. "They could have had [Andy] Dalton [who went 35th to Cincinnati, one spot ahead of where the 49ers traded up to]. Everybody wanted Dalton except him. [49ers general manager Trent] Baalke threw him a bone because it was his first year. Kaepernick was his guy. He went and worked him out, he thought he found him, and he swears to this day the only reason Kaepernick went that high was because of the momentum generated because of him. That's his guy."

(an exert taken from the Don Banks article posted above)

I was curious about this but I assumed this was the case. Kaepernick fits the mold more than Dalton does as far as being an elite level athlete at the QB position. Dalton actually has some decent wheels, but obviously not the level of Kaepernick's wheels.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true, but if you take away those replaced due to injury or heck, even struggling, the examples get so much smaller. Plus, unless I skipped it, this doesn't talk about when the original starter comes backs and wins or loses. Just a few things, I think this is unique and we don't know how it'll turn out. I feel it'll turn out well, but what do I know?

I also feel it will turn out well, but I always proceed with guarded optimism.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

ROFL. No you're not asshole, you're foaming at the lips for Kaepernick to fuck up (or get hurt) so you can tell us how "right" you were on Kaep being inexperienced.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ROFL. No you're not asshole, you're foaming at the lips for Kaepernick to fuck up (or get hurt) so you can tell us how "right" you were on Kaep being inexperienced.

You still mad, bro?

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust in Harbaugh
I have no doubts that Kaep is a stud and will be a great NFL QB. I've felt that way since he was drafted. I just hope we don't see any growing pains in his transition to starter leading into the playoffs. Jerry Rice was even saying this morning he thought Kaep was amazing, but he cautioned how things would go now that teams have film on him. He than said he thought Kaep was the future but Alex was the better choice now because he was a proven starter having a good season.

Harbaugh feels Kaep is ready though so have to trust in that. I honestly don't want to be on here next week or the week after talking about how Alex is now back. They made their choice so I hope they stick with it no matter what happens. If they flip flop on who the starter is every week we're screwed.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust in Harbaugh

Harbaugh feels Kaep is ready though so have to trust in that. I honestly don't want to be on here next week or the week after talking about how Alex is now back. They made their choice so I hope they stick with it no matter what happens. If they flip flop on who the starter is every week we're screwed.

I agree, here's to hoping its Kaep from here on out and we never look back. And that's not a slam on Smith either, its just that I don't want some circus developing over rotating qbs.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust in Harbaugh
I have no doubts that Kaep is a stud and will be a great NFL QB. I've felt that way since he was drafted. I just hope we don't see any growing pains in his transition to starter leading into the playoffs. Jerry Rice was even saying this morning he thought Kaep was amazing, but he cautioned how things would go now that teams have film on him. He than said he thought Kaep was the future but Alex was the better choice now because he was a proven starter having a good season.

Harbaugh feels Kaep is ready though so have to trust in that. I honestly don't want to be on here next week or the week after talking about how Alex is now back. They made their choice so I hope they stick with it no matter what happens. If they flip flop on who the starter is every week we're screwed.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. I think Smith could fit right back in if need be. Kaepernick has got to keep improving though because Smith will be gone after this year. Hopefully he will be who Harbaugh thinks he's going to be because he has tossed all his eggs in this basket. Its a good gamble because as others have pointed out, I think Smith is about as good as he's going to get.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point Toby I think it sends the wrong message to the team to go back to Alex unless Kaep gets hurt or really just plays awful. I mean like Mark Sanchez awful.....

I don't think Alex should have lost his starting job no matter how well Kaep was playing. I think Alex should have been named the starter again and had to have played himself out of the starting role. However now that it's clear the team wants to go with Kaep they have to stick with it.

I'm sure the locker room is already divided a bit over feeling bad for Alex. Harbaugh can't flip flop on his decision or that divide will grow bigger.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point Toby I think it sends the wrong message to the team to go back to Alex unless Kaep gets hurt or really just plays awful. I mean like Mark Sanchez awful.....

I don't think Alex should have lost his starting job no matter how well Kaep was playing. I think Alex should have been named the starter again and had to have played himself out of the starting role. However now that it's clear the team wants to go with Kaep they have to stick with it.

I'm sure the locker room is already divided a bit over feeling bad for Alex. Harbaugh can't flip flop on his decision or that divide will grow bigger.

Agreed. I think that is the only way Smith would get back in the lineup. I meant to say that Smith would still do well coming back in that scenario. Now that the decision has been made, I'm on board with kaepernick and I certainly hope it doesn't come to that.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I remember during the Rams game (gameday thread) I said that this injury to Alex could be a blessing in disguise. I still feel this way for us. People failed to realize that the hostile superdome environment was a playoff like atmosphere. The guy played great in that environment so now I'm convinced he's going to torch the Rams and the rest of the remaining opponents on our schedule.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I remember during the Rams game (gameday thread) I said that this injury to Alex could be a blessing in disguise. I still feel this way for us. People failed to realize that the hostile superdome environment was a playoff like atmosphere. The guy played great in that environment so now I'm convinced he's going to torch the Rams and the rest of the remaining opponents on our schedule.

not going this far, but don't see why he can't play somewhere CLOSE to the Saints game? he'll have poor spots and maybe a poor game, but i'd expect this level most of the next five games.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummmm...

...weren't most of you screaming outloud that Smith should get his job back?

Why the wholesale change in heart?