• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Please, no more CK7 vs. Smith debates

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way he worded his statement to the press I would be shocked if he doesn't name Alex the starter for "this" Sunday. You don't call a guy your starter and say he has done nothing to lose the job, and then replace him a few days later. That's a quick way for a coach to lose respect with players.

I think he sticks to his statement though. "Nothing to lose the job" this implies he has done nothing yet to lose the job. This means they will go back to Alex at least until he performs poorly enough to warrant the switch to Kaep. At that point it would be a permanent change.

I think Harbaugh though wants to see how Alex will play now that he knows Kaep is on the verge of taking his job before he makes the change for good.

I have to disagree with that part. Smith has known since Colin was drafted that he (Colin) had no intentions of accepting the role of back-up and our FO didn't trade away draft picks to move up nine slots to draft him to be a back-up.

There is absolutely no need to go back to Alex Smith - everything there is to know about what Alex will do and how he will react with Kaepernick being on the verge of taking his job is known - IMO.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to disagree with that part. Smith has known since Colin was drafted that he (Colin) had no intentions of accepting the role of back-up and our FO didn't trade away draft picks to move up nine slots to draft him to be a back-up.

There is absolutely no need to go back to Alex Smith - everything there is to know about what Alex will do and how he will react with Kaepernick being on the verge of taking his job is known - IMO.

How about this: We knock out Matt Ryan and anyone else close to the first seed, secure the number one seed with Kaep before the season finale, and start Smith against Arizona, only throwing four yard passes to send him out 20-20 record game. I'll get Ryan and Cutler with a crowbar and you take on Manning and Rodgers (mostly for questioning Nolan in the draft interviews).

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way he worded his statement to the press I would be shocked if he doesn't name Alex the starter for "this" Sunday. You don't call a guy your starter and say he has done nothing to lose the job, and then replace him a few days later. That's a quick way for a coach to lose respect with players.

I think he sticks to his statement though. "Nothing to lose the job" this implies he has done nothing yet to lose the job. This means they will go back to Alex at least until he performs poorly enough to warrant the switch to Kaep. At that point it would be a permanent change.

I think Harbaugh wants to see how Alex responds to what Kaep has done the last 2 weeks before making a permanent change.

I don't think that's it at all. Like, not even close.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My gut feeling tells me Harbs might go back to smith just because I think he has still played some solid football and won't lose his job to injury.

But the fact that Harbs won't name the starter until tomorrow when he could of just said smith still was on Monday makes you think it's gotta be kap. His game has been very good. He has a lot more tools then smith that gives him the upper hand. Honestly not sure what's going to happen. Smiths got more experience but kaps got that potential.

Again my gut kinda tells me it's going to be smith. I kinda lean toward it. But won't be the least bit surprised of its kap.

Tune in tomorrow. Lol

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My gut feeling tells me Harbs might go back to smith just because I think he has still played some solid football and won't lose his job to injury.

But the fact that Harbs won't name the starter until tomorrow when he could of just said smith still was on Monday makes you think it's gotta be kap. His game has been very good. He has a lot more tools then smith that gives him the upper hand. Honestly not sure what's going to happen. Smiths got more experience but kaps got that potential.

Again my gut kinda tells me it's going to be smith. I kinda lean toward it. But won't be the least bit surprised of its kap.

Tune in tomorrow. Lol
Can't wait for tomorrow lol. i have a feeling it is gonna be Kap but I will be checking my phone constantly waiting for the announcement

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tune in tomorrow. Lol

Regardless of the decision, there's going to be major reaction, if not here, somewhere else. If they go with Kaep, there will some obnoxious bashing of Smith (Niners.com) in the form of classless celebration (we're above that here, but there'll be some excitement or loud sighs of relief). If he goes back to Smith, the Smith supporters will be acting all pragmatic, like Kaep was sure to have a big down somewhere. People will be upset, so you know what that entails. "Harbaugh knows best" will come up either way, but in the case that Smith starts, it will be in the form of rationalization.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait for tomorrow lol. i have a feeling it is gonna be Kap but I will be checking my phone constantly waiting for the announcement

I wish I could turn off all other cites and prohibit leaks or rumors, just turn on the press conference live. I think they're going with Kaep, but I want to see if he'll say what I think he'll say. With Harbaugh, you never know.

Do I skip the radio when I'm driving? It's like seeing a score of a game when you are TiVo'ing it.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's pretty clear who should be our starter heading forward this year, in the playoffs, and into next year. Everyone knows about the physical tools, but the swagger and edge he brings to the offense is evident. He's a QB that makes the players around him better, Alex isn't. Simple as that.

Well said Clyde

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I could turn off all other cites and prohibit leaks or rumors, just turn on the press conference live. I think they're going with Kaep, but I want to see if he'll say what I think he'll say. With Harbaugh, you never know.

Do I skip the radio when I'm driving? It's like seeing a score of a game when you are TiVo'ing it.

It'll be Smith. I'm not sure that it should be, but it'll be Smith.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be Smith. I'm not sure that it should be, but it'll be Smith.

i will be disappointed if it is. obviously harbaugh is gonna milk it with the media but kap is too talented and u can't keep him on the bench when he shows that he is ready to start now.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will be disappointed if it is. obviously harbaugh is gonna milk it with the media but kap is too talented and u can't keep him on the bench when he shows that he is ready to start now.

I'll be somewhat disappointed as well. But the Niners owe the Rams a beating and they'll give them one with Smith or Kaepernick; handily I think.

I'm just not sure Harbaugh is ready to throw Smith under the bus quite yet, especially when he knows the team is going to come out swinging against the Rams anyway. I also think Harbaugh would like to stick one in the eye of the pundits who are telling him what "he must do". He is a strange cat.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to believe much of the support for Alex is either sentimental support or ratings support - because the question as to which of the two is the better QB has been answered.

If you count potential for improvement yes, if not, I'm not so sure it has. Smith's last few games have been pretty impressive. Someone said he was 25 of 27 with 4 TDs and no INT over the last two? That's pretty impressive.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to believe much of the support for Alex is either sentimental support or ratings support - because the question as to which of the two is the better QB has been answered.

I know mine is because he is a human being. If they were both automobiles, I'd choose Kaepernick.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you count potential for improvement yes, if not, I'm not so sure it has. Smith's last few games have been pretty impressive. Someone said he was 25 of 27 with 4 TDs and no INT over the last two? That's pretty impressive.

And I am counting that - I just think Smith has peaked and Kaepernick has reached Smith's level in the mental aspect of the game and is already well advanced of Smith in the physical aspect of the game.

The only thing Kaepernick lacks is experience. Thus the question for me isn't which of the two is the better QB, the question becomes do you begin Colin's OJT now or wait? Given the set of circumstances surrounding the question that answer is far from easy.