• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoff Tie Breakers Detailed

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 1 game at a time mentality needs to be in full force tomorrow... We owe Pitt some payback ...

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So there is still a chance Seattle gets the number 2 seed....:yes:

Long shot but it's still a shot.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part one....The Early Games

Everything went as planned.
Minn beats Atl, continuing Atlantas downward spin. Atl has 5 losses, two games remaining with Carolina.
TB got beat by Indy, dropping TB to 6 losses.
Wash beat NYG, pretty much confirming the WC will NOT come out the NFC East.
St L lost, putting them at 7 losses.

That final WC spot is WIDE open and ready to be taken.
Go Hawks.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's a foregone conclusion that Richard is using a different defensive philosophy? To a man, the players I've heard ask about it say the defensive scheme is exactly the same.

So if the scheme and players are the same, then what's the reasoning for players being out of position and players being way off on wr's at the line?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Tie-Breaking Procedures

All of this is WC Stuff, if AZ folds, then sure, the Division could be won, but VERY doubtful.

Just win and we are in. 11-5 and they are in.
But in case the Hawks lose and finish: 10-6 or 9-7 or even 8-8.
It does all depends on who they lose too.

As I see it, Atlanta and Minn/GB pose the biggest threat to the WC. Now that GB just lost.

Hawks finish 10-6. IN.
Hawks finish 9-7. Very questionable, depending on who they lose too. Probably not. Wait and See.
Hawks finish 8-8. Very unlikely, if not impossible.

So, in conclusion, Hawks finish:
5-1, they are most likely in, hard to figure out how they would NOT make it at 10-6.
4-2, must beat Minn, and other NFC teams, A loss to Pitt is better than a loss to Minn.
3-3, really probably doesn't matter, 8-8 is MOST likely out of the playoffs. So let's not go 3-3.

Happy Thanksgiving Hawk Fans.

Hawks control their destiny in that WC spot... Falcons have now lost 5 of their last 6 games... TB just lost... Hawks gotta a great shot at making the playoffs if they can win 4 of their last 5 imo...

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, are we feeling better Hawks fans?

In 6th seed, only tied with Atlanta, who is reeling and will probably lose 3 more.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if the scheme and players are the same, then what's the reasoning for players being out of position and players being way off on wr's at the line?
They are humans and don't play the exact same way every play, game, or even season? Maybe the fact that we aren't changing anything is actually the problem? Other teams who have lost to us over the past few years are working their tails off to get better and beat us. If you're not constantly trying to improve in this league, you're going to get overtaken. Maybe keeping things the same is what we need to change.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, it would be highly preferable to get the #5 seed so we play the "winner" of the NFC (L)East in the first game of the playoffs.

I would much rather be playing NYG, Skins, or possibly even Philly over having to go play the Viks, Pack, or the Cards in their house.

To do this we have to move past the Viks/Pack in the standings. We can get the tie-breaker against the Viks if we win when we play them but the Pack own the head to head tie breaker against us.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels like we should be pretty decent favorites against Baltimore, Cleveland and St. Louis. Means need to win 2 of 3 against Pitt, Minn and AZ. Really feels like Sunday is the swing game to whether or not they can make a run this year. That Pitt passing game is lethal and I don't like that matchup with our defense the way it is right now. Gonna need a big day from the offense.

You called it. They have the complete opposite challenge on defense this week in stopping Peterson. Then they get either Professor Pick-6 or Jimmy Clausen at quarterback the following week unless Baltimore pulls someone off the couch between now and then. Regardless, I like our chances against the Ravens despite the switch in kickoff time from Primetime to 10 am Pacific. Cleveland at home could be fun, St. Louis always puts up a fight and I don't think it'll matter that the game is here either. Arizona in Glendale is going to be interesting. Anything can happen in that game. If I were the Cardinals, I'd keep Palmer in bubblewrap for the rest of the season when he's not playing. I'm sure he gave a few Cards fans a heart attack when he stumbled trying to celebrate a touchdown on Sunday.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You called it. They have the complete opposite challenge on defense this week in stopping Peterson. Then they get either Professor Pick-6 or Jimmy Clausen at quarterback the following week unless Baltimore pulls someone off the couch between now and then. Regardless, I like our chances against the Ravens despite the switch in kickoff time from Primetime to 10 am Pacific. Cleveland at home could be fun, St. Louis always puts up a fight and I don't think it'll matter that the game is here either. Arizona in Glendale is going to be interesting. Anything can happen in that game. If I were the Cardinals, I'd keep Palmer in bubblewrap for the rest of the season when he's not playing. I'm sure he gave a few Cards fans a heart attack when he stumbled trying to celebrate a touchdown on Sunday.

Yeah, getting flexed out of Primetime sucks, but I get that, because Balt sucks now. What I can't stand though is the NFLs refusal to let West Coast Teams have to 4pmET Kickoffs, rather they continually stick us with 1pmET/10amPT, which sucks.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, getting flexed out of Primetime sucks, but I get that, because Balt sucks now. What I can't stand though is the NFLs refusal to let West Coast Teams have to 4pmET Kickoffs, rather they continually stick us with 1pmET/10amPT, which sucks.

What doesn't make sense to me is why the games a 1pm start time. I feel like everytime a game gets flexed out of the 8pm slot it gets moved to the 4pm start time and another game at the 4pm time slot gets moved to the 1pm start time. I'm fine getting flexed out since Balt sucks, but the 1pm start time is horse shit.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Sunday should be telling as to how the rest of our season will shape up. The Vikings are a quality team and if we are going to make a road playoff push then this is a great dress rehearsal. The Cardinals are banged up right now and coming off a horrible performance in SF. Now they play a 10am game in St. Louis who already beat the Cards in AZ. If we win and the Cardinals lose, then we are back in the conversation of getting a home playoff game

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Premise 1: We win out

Premise 2: Vikings win 2 of 3 in weeks 14-16 (can even lose to the Cardinals)

Premise 3: Cardinals lose two of its next four games (they play St. Louis, Minn, GB, and Phi)

IF that happens, then a lot will be riding on two games in week 17: Sea vs. AZ, GB vs. Minn.

If Seattle and Minnesota win those games, we get the #2 seed. All four teams will be tied at 11-5 (assuming GB wins its next four games) but we will end up on top because of tiebreakers.

ESPN.com's 2015 NFL Playoff Machine - Simulate Matchups and Scenarios

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yea I figured to beat Pitt they had to score 28-30 and wasnt sure they could pull it off. Feels like a game where the offense carried the mail was needed and could prove season defining. I think we are more equipped to handle a team like the Vikings then the Steelers. Just make Bridgewater beat us and if he can tip your hat. The good news is that with Atlanta sliding a 4-1 finish is all but guaranteed a playoff spot now.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another 10am Road Victory.
Well done Seahawks.

Atl loses and continues to stumble.
TB wins, but someone had to win that game. Still a game up on TB.
Minnesota lost........yeah got hammered by the Seahawks. Minny looks weak right now.

GB probably wakes up and takes control of that division.

Seahawks just need to take care of business on another 10am start against a team they should hammer.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, it is pretty suspicious but our game travels and RW is playing probably better than any other offensive player in the league over the past few weeks. We should chew the Ravens up.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota loss, AZ wins.
Helps playoff chances, crushes Division title hopes.
That is ok, would love to see Seattle pull out those Road WC wins.

Minn and ATl continue to stumble, TB has a chance, but not to catch Seattle.
5th seed is Seattles.

Now, who do you want to face? Wash, Philly, NYG, not the Cowboys.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, probably Philly. That offense is a mess, and I think we would shut them down. The Giants have a QB that's won 2 SBs, the Cowboys have seen us once already, and FedEx's field is aboslutely horrible so I wouldn't want to put our players on it in January.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota loss, AZ wins.
Helps playoff chances, crushes Division title hopes.
That is ok, would love to see Seattle pull out those Road WC wins.

Minn and ATl continue to stumble, TB has a chance, but not to catch Seattle.
5th seed is Seattles.

Would love if the Hawks get to face the Eagles. That gives me a slight chance to get playoff tickets:yes: