• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoff Tie Breakers Detailed

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Tie-Breaking Procedures

All of this is WC Stuff, if AZ folds, then sure, the Division could be won, but VERY doubtful.

Just win and we are in. 11-5 and they are in.
But in case the Hawks lose and finish: 10-6 or 9-7 or even 8-8.
It does all depends on who they lose too.

As I see it, Atlanta and Minn/GB pose the biggest threat to the WC. Now that GB just lost.

Hawks finish 10-6. IN.
Hawks finish 9-7. Very questionable, depending on who they lose too. Probably not. Wait and See.
Hawks finish 8-8. Very unlikely, if not impossible.

So, in conclusion, Hawks finish:
5-1, they are most likely in, hard to figure out how they would NOT make it at 10-6.
4-2, must beat Minn, and other NFC teams, A loss to Pitt is better than a loss to Minn.
3-3, really probably doesn't matter, 8-8 is MOST likely out of the playoffs. So let's not go 3-3.

Happy Thanksgiving Hawk Fans.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Az is IN. Barring some major collapse, and Sea wins the Div. I'm counting AZ as IN. WC or Div Champ.
Carolina is IN.
SF is out.
Dallas is Out.

That is 4 teams, 2 IN, 2 Out.
Leaving 12 Teams.

I looked at the schedules for StL, Redskins, Philly, Bears, Saints, and Detroit. 6 Teams.
These 6 teams need to run the table. Many common games, so Only 1 has the chance to do it.
These teams ALL have 6+ losses, and another loss means 7, probably out.
StL......@ Cincy....Vrs AZ....vr Det.....Vrs TB......@ Sea
Redskins.......Vrs NYG.....Vrs Dall....@ CHic.....vrs Bills.......@Philly........@ Dall
Philly, @NE.......that's it, season over...lol chip. Just in case vrs AZ, Vrs Buff, Vrs Skins, and @NYG
Bears.....vrs SF....Vrs Redskins....@Minn.....@ TB........Vrs Det
Saints..........vrs Panthers....@ Atl......@ TB......Vrs Det
Det......Vrs GB.....@[email protected] SF.....@ Chic

Many common opponents, chances someone running the table, <5%. NOT Gonna Happen.

That leaves 2 IN, 2 Out, plus these 6 OUT. That is 10. Leaving 6 teams for 4 spots.

Leaving 6 teams ( Sea, Atl, Minn, GB, TB, NYG) for 4 spots. OK the NFC East could go crazy, but no way a WC comes from that Division. So, NYG, PHILLY, REDSKINS, whatever....one makes it.

So Really, barring a miracle from the 6 grouped and mentioned above, minus the NFC East lone playoff participant, that really leave 5 teams battling for 3 spots. Now ONE of those (GB or Minn) will win the division, so that really means, yes, again, 5 teams battling for 3 spots, again.

Those 5 are TB, Sea, GB, Minn, Atl. 3 GET IN.

IN:
NFC South......Carolina
NFC West.....Cardinals
NFC East....One of NYG, Redskins, Philly, Dallas(Not really)
NFC North......GB or Minny

Leaving Sea, Atl, TB, GB, and Minny.

Next Post. Soon.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Az is IN. Barring some major collapse, and Sea wins the Div. I'm counting AZ as IN. WC or Div Champ.
Carolina is IN.
SF is out.
Dallas is Out.

That is 4 teams, 2 IN, 2 Out.
Leaving 12 Teams.

I looked at the schedules for StL, Redskins, Philly, Bears, Saints, and Detroit. 6 Teams.
These 6 teams need to run the table. Many common games, so Only 1 has the chance to do it.
These teams ALL have 6+ losses, and another loss means 7, probably out.
StL......@ Cincy....Vrs AZ....vr Det.....Vrs TB......@ Sea
Redskins.......Vrs NYG.....Vrs Dall....@ CHic.....vrs Bills.......@Philly........@ Dall
Philly, @NE.......that's it, season over...lol chip. Just in case vrs AZ, Vrs Buff, Vrs Skins, and @NYG
Bears.....vrs SF....Vrs Redskins....@Minn.....@ TB........Vrs Det
Saints..........vrs Panthers....@ Atl......@ TB......Vrs Det
Det......Vrs GB.....@[email protected] SF.....@ Chic

Many common opponents, chances someone running the table, <5%. NOT Gonna Happen.

That leaves 2 IN, 2 Out, plus these 6 OUT. That is 10. Leaving 6 teams for 4 spots.

Leaving 6 teams ( Sea, Atl, Minn, GB, TB, NYG) for 4 spots. OK the NFC East could go crazy, but no way a WC comes from that Division. So, NYG, PHILLY, REDSKINS, whatever....one makes it.

So Really, barring a miracle from the 6 grouped and mentioned above, minus the NFC East lone playoff participant, that really leave 5 teams battling for 3 spots. Now ONE of those (GB or Minn) will win the division, so that really means, yes, again, 5 teams battling for 3 spots, again.

IN:
NFC South......Carolina
NFC West.....Cardinals
NFC East....One of NYG, Redskins, Philly, Dallas(Not really)
NFC North......GB or Minny

Leaving Sea, Atl, TB, GB, and Minny.

Next Post. Soon.

That still shocks me

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^can you respond a bit more about......What shocks you. Just curious.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

3 of these 5 get in. Probably NOT TB, but they are 5-5. 3 of the 5.
Doesn't mean TB gets in. I'd bet my house TB doesn't get in, but they were in the conversation.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

3 of these 5 get in. Probably NOT TB, but they are 5-5. 3 of the 5.
Doesn't mean TB gets in. I'd bet my house TB doesn't get in, but they were in the conversation.

and that what shocks me. Tampa is in the conversation.

Tampa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Judge, I agree, but TB is alive.

Do you like the Seahawks chances?

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Judge, I agree, but TB is alive.

Do you like the Seahawks chances?

I haven't said much about this but i believe in the logic "Your in till you're eliminated". We just need something that we haven't had. That big win that creates momentum.

Arguers would say Dallas was it, but i disagree. We were playing a team with a hurt Dez and No Romo, which IMO is a worth a cup of coffee. Pittsburgh on the other hand........................

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At MOST we can lose one more game but truth be told I think we need to win out.

While I would say the odds strongly favor the Cards winning the division, it wouldn't take a complete collapse for them to go 11-5.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny things can happen in this league, and there's still plenty of football left. GB has dropped off fairly sharply and for no apparent reason. Same could happen to AZ.

There are only 6 teams in the NFC with winning records. WC tiebreaker probably comes down to conf record if it's 3 teams (I doubt an NFC E team will be there, and we don't play Atlanta or TB). It's way too muddled with way too many possible combinations of things happening the last 6 games to have a good gauge on our chances.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't said much about this but i believe in the logic "Your in till you're eliminated". We just need something that we haven't had. That big win that creates momentum.

Arguers would say Dallas was it, but i disagree. We were playing a team with a hurt Dez and No Romo, which IMO is a worth a cup of coffee. Pittsburgh on the other hand........................

Agreed, a win against the Steelers on Sunday would be our signature win to date and that alone should build momentum for the stretch run.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the WC,
Seattle is in with an 11-5 record.
Seattle is Most likely in with a 10-6 record. My reasoning is Atlanta is in a Free Fall. Atlanta plays Minnesota, @TB @Carolina @ Jacksonville Carolina and New Orleans. They lose 2 or 3 or more For Sure, IMO. Depending on the loses being in or out of Conference is a big part of the equation.

Seattle can make it at 9-7, but again there are too many possibilities with 6 games remaining.

So, Seattle, just win on Sunday, and hoping for Minnesota to beat Atl.

Go Hawks.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, a win against the Steelers on Sunday would be our signature win to date and that alone should build momentum for the stretch run.
Absolutely. We have to win one of the big games.
GB, Cinn, Caro, and Az were all big games and all losses. Combined points against in these 4 losses were 24.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. We have to win one of the big games.
GB, Cinn, Caro, and Az were all big games and all losses. Combined points against in these 4 losses were 24.

I'll take the loss to GB but AZ/Car/Cinncy we let off the hook. If they would have just gotten 1 of those wins, we would be in good shape. Oh well, time for the boys to clamp down and get serious.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we don't adjust our game plan, we are not making the playoffs.

The defense isn't good enough this year to play tight all game and eek a 6 point win.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we don't adjust our game plan, we are not making the playoffs.

The defense isn't good enough this year to play tight all game and eek a 6 point win.

If Richards gets back to the Quinn philosophy then these guys can eek out 6pt victories. Still pretty much the same D minus Maxwell.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels like we should be pretty decent favorites against Baltimore, Cleveland and St. Louis. Means need to win 2 of 3 against Pitt, Minn and AZ. Really feels like Sunday is the swing game to whether or not they can make a run this year. That Pitt passing game is lethal and I don't like that matchup with our defense the way it is right now. Gonna need a big day from the offense.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Richards gets back to the Quinn philosophy then these guys can eek out 6pt victories. Still pretty much the same D minus Maxwell.
So it's a foregone conclusion that Richard is using a different defensive philosophy? To a man, the players I've heard ask about it say the defensive scheme is exactly the same.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it boils down to this weekend. I got us winning and don't think bathroom man will finish this game. Avri's been going off and he's hobbled (not mobile to begin with). I think he takes a ton of hits and doesn't make it to the 4th quarter.